Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 10:17:41 AM EDT
What's the best product available to protect / wax a 'vette?  I have a 2002 C5 converable, and have experimented with "Mother's" products, and others.

Any better options?

Thanks!

Ed
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Meguiar's has a broad range of excellent products, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 12:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I've always used KIT wax on all my cars/trucks.  Rainx makes a good wash/wax "soap".  I have a '73 Stingray and when I need a quick wash, I use that Rainx. It works good.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Zaino, no question. On the Vette forums you wont hear of ANYTHING else.

I just bought a vette last week and tried Zaino yesterday, truly awesome stuff and I was a McGuires guy before. Also, unlike wax, this is a paint treatment and the more times you apply it, the deeper the gloss gets.

Honestly, dont bother with anything else.

Zaino

Check out the photos on their website, it is really amazing stuff.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:20:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The Captian is correct, most of the vette guys talk about Zano.  I have never used it on mine, but then I am best at driving them and getting them dirty than cleaning them.

I have also heard a lot of good stuff about Adams Polish, and think I am going to give them a try this year.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:25:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Go here and read  everything you ever wanted to know about care care: Autopia Org. Their forums are a wealth of information.

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top