Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2005 4:45:56 PM EDT
Check out my new toy!

Here's a couple of pics of my new truck.  I haven't seen or driven it myself yet :eek1:   I'm in Okinawa and had my FIL test drive and buy for me.  Five more months and I can get her dirty!

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 5:10:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I love the big Blazers. I wish I still had my '79.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:04:00 PM EDT
[#2]
looks good, I just sold my 85, and already regret it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!

There's a certain dirtbike-riding member with a Blazer!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:33:47 PM EDT
[#4]
looks damn good...nice tires also

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:59:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice!

Somebody called?

Is that an '85?

Here's my '84 (might as well turn it into a Blazer thread)

Best front end on any truck....ever.

Don't mind the IL cancer along the wheel well and rocker.

The business end of a 355 with hedders and cherry bombs.....and lots of pipe

So, what are the details of yours?

It is a really good looker. I'd love to find one in that condition around here for a good price.

WIZZO

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you're in Japan. At times, I swear I can't read.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:15:35 PM EDT
[#6]
What is a "cherry bomb"?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:25:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
What is a "cherry bomb"?

Loud is what they are

Sorry excuse for mufflers. Lets the motor "breathe" better.......my excuse for having Reneck exhaust

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What is a "cherry bomb"?

Loud is what they are

www.maremont.com/pics/cherryb.gif

Sorry excuse for mufflers. Lets the motor "breathe" better.......my excuse for having Reneck exhaust

WIZZO

LOL!
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 7:38:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Nice!

Somebody called?

Is that an '85?

Here's my '84 (might as well turn it into a Blazer thread)
img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/DCP_1023a.jpg
Best front end on any truck....ever.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/DCP_1024a.jpg
Don't mind the IL cancer along the wheel well and rocker.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/DCP_1025a.jpg
The business end of a 355 with hedders and cherry bombs.....and lots of pipe
img.photobucket.com/albums/v702/WIZZO_ARAKM14/DCP_1027a.jpg

So, what are the details of yours?

It is a really good looker. I'd love to find one in that condition around here for a good price.

WIZZO

EDIT: Nevermind, I see that you're in Japan. At times, I swear I can't read.

Yeah, I'm in Japan,. I had my father in law by the truck in the Ft Worth area after I saw it on autotrader.

It is an 87 with 82k on it, 2  in lift and 33's.  New interior....my FIL says it squeeks and rattles, but he drives a G35, I don't htink he's ever had a real "truck".
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

New interior....my FIL says it squeeks and rattles........

I've never been in one that didn't. Just lets you know if something starts going wrong. If the squeaks and rattles change, find out why.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 4:37:40 AM EDT
[#11]
I had a 75 Blazer big-top ,that was a fun truck! And it was paid for!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:02:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:50:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I owned a 72 Jimmy that was beat to a snot and rusted out...had a blast driving it.
Sold it for junk after I parted out the drive train and bought a 78 Jimmy High Sierra.
Full time 4x4 with a 400 4 bbl in it.
Some glad I'm not putting gas in it now...

I have a '78 3/4 ton full time 4x4 Chevy that my dad and I are in the process of re-doing. It was my grandpa's truck that was bought new and I can't wait to get 'er up and on the road again.

It also has the 400 in it. I figure it won't be much worse than the 10mpg I'm getting now

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Great looking Blazer. I had a '78 once upon a time, loved it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:03:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Unfortunately up here..the bodies go to hell in a hurry due to the salt they use in the winter.

That's something we share with you then.

See my pic above.

I also have a hole rusted in the floor about half the size of your fist behind the passengers seat. Crap keeps falling out of it. 12ga shells recently

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#17]
That's a really nice truck, congrats, I hope she serves you well. I just put a new motor in a nearly mint '84, (a new 350 GM crate motor)..Too bad it wasn't mine, but I did get to test drive it.

And BTW, if you don't mind me asking what are you doing on the rock? Military or civillian? I loved that F'ing place, but then again it was my first time out of the states. My First Sgt. called it the armpit of the world, but I never understood why.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Nice lookin truck. I've owned three I won't drive anything else Here's my latest:

Almost 200k on it and I fuckin love it
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 2:29:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
That's a really nice truck, congrats, I hope she serves you well. I just put a new motor in a nearly mint '84, (a new 350 GM crate motor)..Too bad it wasn't mine, but I did get to test drive it.

And BTW, if you don't mind me asking what are you doing on the rock? Military or civillian? I loved that F'ing place, but then again it was my first time out of the states. My First Sgt. called it the armpit of the world, but I never understood why.

Thanks, I'm a Jarhead over here.  WE are getting ready to leave after the first of the year.  Been a good three years, but we are ready to come home.  Truck was my wife's gift to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 3:01:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Here is my 1990 gas hog.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 4:15:30 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, I'm a Jarhead over here.  WE are getting ready to leave after the first of the year.  Been a good three years, but we are ready to come home.  Truck was my wife's gift to me.

Hey, Semper-Fi brother, -and Konnichi Wa- I was a Jarhead over there for 18 months, minus a few months on operations in nearby lands. It was great though.

Three years is always a long time to be away from home, no matter where you are, but I hope you enjoyed your time.

Do they sill let you guys get a Japanese drivers liscence? I had one and got to drive some great machines out there, but there was talk that they were going to change it so only Staff NCO's and Officers could get one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#22]
NCO's and above can drive, but LCpls and below have to do a year and extend in order to put a package in for their DL.  Nobody seems to know what they are going to have to do now that unaccompanied tours are 2 years.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:48:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
NCO's and above can drive, but LCpls and below have to do a year and extend in order to put a package in for their DL.  Nobody seems to know what they are going to have to do now that unaccompanied tours are 2 years.

Well that kind of makes sense to me, we lost 3 good Marines in my Company due to accidents. It takes time to become familiar with the roads and traffic rules out there, but I'm sure the L/Cpls and below would agree that a year -and a extension- is a little extreme..But at least they can get one then.

Take care Kota4bye, and congrats again on the -very nice- truck!

Semper -Fi

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top