Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 2:40:27 PM EDT
My neightbor just bought a Vulcan 1100, and I took it for a quick spin around the neighborhood. I pulled out my bike (Kawi ZX9R) to let him try it out. My driveway slopes down away from the house; he walks it backwards and is kind of at an angle facing away from the house at a 45, and drops the clutch, chokes the bike, and falls over sideways on the left side.

He's OK, the bike has a broken turn signal, a scratched mirror, and a small (3/8x1") scratch low on the fairing. The latter is no big deal - you can barely see it, and you have to stoop down to see it.

Anyone have a good source for replacement parts? Preferably one that doesn't charge OEM prices. He's paying for it, but I'm not going to make him pay stupid prices if I don't have to. We've been good neighbors for 11 years.

I told him:
"You might as well drive it now - you've already crashed it once," and
"Everyone says you're going to do that when you first get a bike - aren't you glad it was MY bike you did that to"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:15:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Try denniskirk.com

They have lots of stuff, be it streetbike, dirtbike, ATV, etc.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:24:47 PM EDT
[#2]
DRAW DOWN on him!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Ebay
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:36:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Replace the turn signal with flush-mounts.  They look cooler and are cheaper.  Any dealer that distributes Parts Unlimited  should be able to get factory replications of the mirror.  Don't go with the fancy carbon looking stuff, they are cheap.  Either OEM or the imitation.  The scratch, how bad is it?  Make him pay for your next oil change instead, or more flush-mounts for the other end, or better yet a set of frame sliders to prevent future damage.  You can  try Ebay, but most of the Ebay stuff has minor damage.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:33:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Replace the turn signal with flush-mounts.  They look cooler and are cheaper.

I absolutely dispise flush-mounts. They may look cool, but are almost impossible to see. When I'm on the road, the last thing I want to do is make myself and my intentions LESS visible to other drivers; looking cool by forsaking safety just isn't smart. Just my take on it though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top