Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2021 4:49:59 PM EDT
There is apparently a technical bulletin for the replacement of portions of the glass panel sunroof in the 15 F-150.

I have the Lariat F150 V8, and the sunroof has rattled since I got it in 2016.  Maybe a year ago, it failed to retract.  It will vent.

The sunroof sounds like there are golf balls rolling around up there unless (1) you open or vent the sunroof; or (2) you lube the entire perimeter of the thing more than monthly.

I had it in at my local dealership maybe 2 years ago for some sort of recall, and made it REALLY clear that there was a problem with the sunroof, somehow or another my stupid ass forgot to ask before I left, after picking it up several days later.  After remembering and calling about it, I was told that they noted my request but could not replicate the noise.  Yeah.

Anyway, it's literally driving me crazy.

Ford Tech dudes-  Please tell me what to do, what to say, and how to get this fixed.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 6:10:57 PM EDT
[#1]
What I did was was take mine to a body shop and have them permanently seal that mother fucker closed and then I pulled the fuse that operated the sunroof.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Did that stop the rattling?  Serious question.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:21:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What I did was was take mine to a body shop and have them permanently seal that mother fucker closed and then I pulled the fuse that operated the sunroof.
View Quote

Fuck, I hate sunroofs.  Both my vehicles have them.  The one in my 1996 Pathfinder quit working.  It's the switch.  I have a new switch.  I don't know why I care.  I guess I'm surprised the thing still works.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 12:37:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 4:02:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Did that stop the rattling?  Serious question.
View Quote

It's quiet as a church mouse. @Gthirteen
Top Top