Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2020 6:21:39 PM EDT
I'm about due for new ties downs for a couple of dirt bikes and SxS. The cheap ones from walmart just don't last.

I've been using 1" cam buckle straps for the bikes and 2.5" ratcheting straps for the SxS.

Can someone recommend a quality brand ? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 7:15:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Moose. Sold online or at most shops.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Kinedyne
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#3]
The Pro Circuit cam locks are the best I have ever used. Many other in the identical style are on the market.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/12/2020 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Tank Straps from the SRK Cycles guy..

I haven't tried them out personally, but a buddy moved from TN back to NH, and he used these to secure his two Harleys.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been using Pro Taper tie downs for my bikes.  They’re nice straps.  Quick and easy.  I like them a lot.   Pricier than the cheap ratchet straps I was using but worth it to me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:25:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Ancra makes great straps- for a price.  They manufacture straps and cargo securement for the air and land cargo industry.

That being said, i have a couple of bags full of straps in my truck toolbox and I pretty much consider them consumables these days.

I just buy whatever I can find on Amazon that is made in the USA (which takes some looking) and has an average price.  And I only use ratchet straps- no cam buckles.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 4:27:13 AM EDT
[#8]
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Tank Straps Motorcycle Tie Down Straps (2pk) - 10.000 lb Webbing Break Strength 2'' x 10'

Tank Straps by M1Moto are battle tested, heavy duty motorcycle straps that give you peace of mind when transporting your motorcycle. We started Tank Straps with one goal in mind: to provide our customers with the strongest and most reliable straps on the market. The same straps we use every day at our motorcycle dealership to transport thousands of bikes.

10,000LB WEBBING BREAK STRENGHT
Embedded with 1st quality polyester yarn. Our webbing is a step above industrial and commercial grade materials. Our straps provide higher break strength and lower stretch factor.

ENDLESS LOOP DESIGN
With no hooks to maneuver in and around your bike, our endless strap design keeps your bike safe and scratchless.

MADE IN USA
Tank Straps are made in the United States for quality control. We want our customers to know they are getting the highest quality straps on the market.

SAFE LOCK RATCHET SYSTEM
No matter how aggressive bumps on the road may be, your straps will never loosen up or pop with the safe lock ratchet system.

NO STRETCH FABRIC
Tank Straps are made with 100% first quality yarns. Made to withstand thousands of lbs without stretching.

4,400LB STRAP/BUCKLE BREAK STRENGTH
Our hardware has been designed to meet the needs of heavy duty shippers. Tank Straps have the strength to withstand your heaviest tiedown jobs without bending or breaking.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 9:48:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I've had these Rhino straps for about 2 years. 10/10

Rhino at Amazon

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:10:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0798SSQJD
Tank Straps Motorcycle Tie Down Straps (2pk) - 10.000 lb Webbing Break Strength 2'' x 10'

Tank Straps by M1Moto are battle tested, heavy duty motorcycle straps ...
View Quote

That's funny.  They talk about their "10,000 lb break strength" webbing and their "4,000 lb break strength" hardware.

And then they show a picture of the tag which shows "Working load limit: 1,467 lbs".

And then they show this, advertising how they won't blow out fork seals:

Attachment Attached File

You won't blow out you seals, but you will certainly mar the finish on your forks (which would suck if you have some expensively coated USD sport bike forks) and you might break fender or brake components.  That is not how you secure a bike.

And never mind the fact they are just selling normal E-Track straps- that require E-Track on your trailer or truck bed.

And $39 for two straps?  C'mon.

Link Posted: 4/13/2020 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Buy a couple MIL-SPEC CGU-1/B cargo tiedown straps.

A 5,000-pound capacity aircraft cargo tie down.
The tie down is designated CGU-1/B.

Personally I have never had an issue with the ratchet straps.
Keep them dry, keep away from oil and fuel and replace them every few years and you'll never have an issue.
Link Posted: 4/13/2020 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#12]
https://www.rhinousainc.com/collections/tie-down-straps-1

These straps are fantastic. The company is also great and stands behind its products.
They have a soft tie end and clips on the hooks to keep them from bouncing loose.

I had a propane bottle sitting too close to one of the straps (the stuff that happens when you get in a hurry) in the bed of my truck for one trip and over the course of 10 hours on the road the top of the bottle sawed 3/4 of the way thru one of the straps but the strap held. I contacted rhino and they sent me a replacement on their dime even though I told them it was completely my fault.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:36:37 AM EDT
[#14]
I have the Tank Straps, best straps I have ever used.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Check out ShockStrap. I've been using these the last couple trips. https://www.shockstrap.com/shop/7-ratchet-strap-black-clip-hook-us
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Streetbikes-Baxley trailer chocks.  https://www.baxleybyprovidence.com/

Dirt Bikes-Clamping wheel chock.  https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/motorsport-products-clamping-wheel-chock-p

Roadrace Bikes-Pit Bull Trailer Restraint.  https://www.pit-bull.com/motorcycle-trailer-restraints

If you're not using chocks, well it's your funeral.

Streetbikes-Canyon Dancer Bar Harness.  https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/canyon-dancer-bar-harness-ii-p?c=13

For dirtbikes use a Fork Brace (I used a chunk of 2x4 for years).  https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/rider-cargo-motorcycle-fork-brace-p

I've got some Ancra cam buckle tie downs I've had for years, but quite frankly the harbor freight cambuckles I bought years ago get more use and have not had any problems with.  I probably should mention that when tiedowns are not in use, they are hanging up somewhere so they don't get walked on or driven over and damaged.  I also don't run the nylon straps over metal parts that would chafe the straps and cause them to fail.

I bought some Ancra ratchet straps years ago but don't use them, pain in the butt.

Link Posted: 5/17/2020 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That's funny.  They talk about their "10,000 lb break strength" webbing and their "4,000 lb break strength" hardware.

And then they show a picture of the tag which shows "Working load limit: 1,467 lbs".

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/Screenshot_20200413-100122_png-1365399.JPG

You won't blow out you seals, but you will certainly mar the finish on your forks (which would suck if you have some expensively coated USD sport bike forks) and you might break fender or brake components.  That is not how you secure a bike.

And never mind the fact they are just selling normal E-Track straps- that require E-Track on your trailer or truck bed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
www.amazon.com/dp/B0798SSQJD

Tank Straps by M1Moto are battle tested, heavy duty motorcycle straps ...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/69748/Screenshot_20200413-100122_png-1365399.JPG

That looks like failure fixing to happen.  Nothing to keep the front wheel from twisting to the side releasing tension on the straps.  Nothing keeping the rear end from bouncing around.  On the sidestand, really?  And the low attachment point leaves a high center of gravity for a bike to start leaning fairly easily.  Couple of them look like the strap is being supported where the fender mounts to the forks.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Just go to your local dealer and buy some tie down straps. For bikes the ones with the fork tube strap are nice.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top