Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2017 12:37:50 PM EDT
I just got a '17 CBR600. Want to get a deeper exhaust note, but not have my ears bleed or have to do anything with fuel management/ECM mapping.

I used to have a '10 CBR600 w/ a TwoBros slip on and a '15 ZX6R w/ an M4 exhaust. Both were TOO LOUD. Even with earplugs after about half an hour it is too much. I want something that's essentially stock level of loudness with deeper rumble. A little increase in noise is fine, but the TwoBros was so damn loud it wasn't even track legal. Just insane, and not what I'm looking for.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 1:04:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve always loved the way Akrapovic exhausts sound. Never heard one that was obnoxious or sounded bad. 

But both of my CBR600RR bikes were pretty high pitched with exhaust. I had an 06 with an M4 and 07 with Arrow. 
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy the "street" version of the slip-on from the manufacturer of your choice.
Some even come with baffles or noise reducers you can install or change out.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 5:35:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got Akras on most of the bikes in the garage. High quality, sound awesome.

TwoBros are squid pipes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:51:37 PM EDT
[#4]
As stated, go for the "street" or otherwise properly baffled versions to not be too loud.

Delkevic is usually a good go-to for a not-so-loud and affordable slip-on. But I don't see any recent Honda 600's in their application lists. Yoshis are always good as well, and I can't imagine them not offering one for your bike.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve always loved the way Akrapovic exhausts sound. Never heard one that was obnoxious or sounded bad. 
View Quote
Akras are always nice, but DAMN expensive. I want one for my Tenere, but can't justify spending that much for a slip-on. (It costs more than the full system on my little Ninja 300 and almost as much as the full system in my Miata. For just a muffler.)
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
But I don't see any recent Honda 600's in their application lists.
View Quote
That's because the 600 has not changed in 8 years.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 2:55:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I had a micron on my old f4i.  It replaced the 2 brothers that was on it.  Fuck loud exhaust.
Link Posted: 10/11/2017 6:14:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I would leave it alone until the warranty runs out.  Gives you time to listen to some of the exhausts out there and find one that you like.
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I rode my CBR600 F4i over 50k miles on the stock exhaust then I put an Akra slip on on it and removed the quiet baffle.  

I love the way it sounds.  It's just right.  I didn't mess with the fueling and am using the O2 sensor i  it.  I get a little bit of bog right off the line due to the slip on (it was worse when I first installed) but the bike's computer has kind of adjusted to the pipe and the low end torque loss doesn't seem as bad now but it's still there.  The bike took about 500-1000 miles of riding to self adjust to the new pipe.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting...

Was your M4 a race can?

I had one on the 954 and it was a nice low note but nowhere w near as loud as most.
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I rode my CBR600 F4i over 50k miles on the stock exhaust then I put an Akra slip on on it and removed the quiet baffle.  

I love the way it sounds.  It's just right.  I didn't mess with the fueling and am using the O2 sensor i  it.  I get a little bit of bog right off the line due to the slip on (it was worse when I first installed) but the bike's computer has kind of adjusted to the pipe and the low end torque loss doesn't seem as bad now but it's still there.  The bike took about 500-1000 miles of riding to self adjust to the new pipe.
View Quote
Had an F4i with a Micron. Nice bike and good sound.  God I miss riding bikes...
Link Posted: 10/25/2017 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I like yoshimura exhaust....even the "race" versions are not to loud IMO.  I also hate loud pipes.
Link Posted: 11/1/2017 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I've got Akras on most of the bikes in the garage. High quality, sound awesome.

TwoBros are squid pipes.
View Quote
Another vote for the Akrapovic! I have the full system on my ‘16 CBR600RR and couldn’t be happier. My buddy has the Toce on his ‘15 CBR600RR, it’s deep and throaty but way too loud riding around town.

The nice feature about the Akra is the Titanium and C/F canister, a small reduction in weight. I also like the removable  silencer while I let the bike warm up in the morning without waking up the neighbors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top