Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2016 3:43:27 PM EDT
I'm sick of seeing "I received this product for free in exchange for my unbiased, honest review." and "I did receive this product for free in exchange for a complete and honest review. My reviews on my thoughts and opinions. I am not a product expert, I am just a regular consumer."

Bullshit.  I'm seeing Amazon overrun by this shit now and I'm believing less and less of the reviews.

What is a decent, cheap, option for a dash cam.  I only plan to add a front cam, have it removable, and not hard wired.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 3:54:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 5:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Here you go......POKE HERE
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm looking for a dashcam too and these are the two I'm trying to decide on.

Spytec A119

Mobius Action Cam

I'm going to get one that uses caps instead of batteries due to the heat tolerance since I live in FL and I plan on leaving the cam in the car.  Something you may want to consider.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Tag for interest.

There was a huge thread in GD but I didn't bookmark it.
Link Posted: 10/16/2016 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm sick of seeing "I received this product for free in exchange for my unbiased, honest review." and "I did receive this product for free in exchange for a complete and honest review. My reviews on my thoughts and opinions. I am not a product expert, I am just a regular consumer."

Bullshit.  I'm seeing Amazon overrun by this shit now and I'm believing less and less of the reviews.

What is a decent, cheap, option for a dash cam.  I only plan to add a front cam, have it removable, and not hard wired.

View Quote

Amazon just made it a rule that people can't do that because everyone was tired of it.
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 1:11:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Happy reading:

Arfcom Dashcam thread
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 7:58:14 AM EDT
[#7]
This interests me

Thinking of becoming an uber driver for the winter months
Link Posted: 10/17/2016 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This for $100
View Quote

+1 for the Rexing V1.  Inexpensive, decent quality video, and a small form factor.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks all - I went with the Rexing V1G (GPS enabled model).  I chose it for many reasons, but it has the rear camera port so I can get the rear camera from them at any time for an additional $29.  However, the current model rear camera they have available is fairly low resolution, so I didn't get it at the moment.

I'll take some pics of the install and some vids of my initial driving around.  Apparently the playback software has a Google maps inlay showing where the video took place.  Pretty cool - here is an example I found on the web.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:33:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks all - I went with the Rexing V1G (GPS enabled model).  I chose it for many reasons, but it has the rear camera port so I can get the rear camera from them at any time for an additional $29.  However, the current model rear camera they have available is fairly low resolution, so I didn't get it at the moment.

I'll take some pics of the install and some vids of my initial driving around.  Apparently the playback software has a Google maps inlay showing where the video took place.  Pretty cool - here is an example I found on the web.

https://s21.postimg.org/oogodyrtj/gps.png
View Quote

Can I not record my data , gps , speed ?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://s21.postimg.org/oogodyrtj/gps.png

I don't understand your question.

With the Rexing V1, it does not record speed or GPS routes, you need the V1G model.  It's just an external GPS antenna that plugs in, so I think all models can be upgraded, since the website sells them separately for just a few bucks extra.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:50:17 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

The $50 option is what I got.  Works very well so far.  Video quality is surprisingly decent.   Got a second for my other car but haven't installed it.  

Link Posted: 10/25/2016 4:33:47 PM EDT
[#13]
A bunch of info in this thread
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top