Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2015 12:24:58 AM EDT
I've been a big mustang fan for quite some time even though I currently do not own one. I figured I share my past ones so here it goes.

2004 GT

First mustang, only had exhaust, intake and a short shifter.

2001 Cobra

This was my baby. I recently sold it to a buddy of mine who lives close so I see it quite often but I still miss it.

The basics were, forged internals, nitrous and built sra among other things.

1987 GT Hatch

This was a piece of shit. I owned it for about a month.

2003 Cobra

3.4 whipple, built T56, stock irs, etc etc

I had this one about a month too before it started giving me problems. A couple of cylinders were very low on psi when I checked and it was smoking like a chimney. Even with it's problems it ran like a raped ape.

2003 Mach 1

PISC, full exhaust.

Pretty quick car but got rid of it after a couple of months.

And on to my next project

1990 Nissan Skyline R32 GTS-T

Sadly it won't be here until about August of this year but it's paid in full sitting in Japan waiting for it to be legal. (25 year old rule)

It's an auto right now but will have a 5 speed put in once it gets over here. Between this car and guns, I will be broke.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice rides.

I'm curious, what's the process to import an R32 legit? I'm well aware of what happened with Motorex.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice rides.

I'm curious, what's the process to import an R32 legit? I'm well aware of what happened with Motorex.
View Quote

Thanks

On the buyers side it's simple. Just find a legit company to import it and be in a state that doesn't require any extra work to be done to the car to make it legal.

Once a car is 25 years old or older it's Federally legal to be imported into the U.S. A company has to be a RI (registered importer) to be able to import one and with the company I went through they take care of all of the work including getting through customs. Once it's here you register it like any other car. Here in Tx I have to go through a couple extra steps but it shouldn't be a problem. In CA, they require extra work to be done to the car to become CA compliant. I think it's like an extra 15k+ for the work.

When I get the car it will receive a FL title since that's where it's being imported to. Once I get it I will just have to transfer it to a TX title.

Or you can buy an R32 already here on the cheap but it won't be legal. lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#3]
there is a 68 Fastback in my area for 8600...

Tempting to grab it and put it over in the corner.  My buddy helping me on my 95 Cobra would have a shit fit though as that 8k could go towards finishing my 95 where we just need to get cage, accessories, kmember, pro-m setup, and put it in.

Also got the 05 to do.

But how often do running nonRusted to shit 68 Fastbacks pop up?   Could be craigslist scam but then again... maybe not.    A good shell for a restomod would be awesome.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll play....

My first mustang I ever purchased. It was my one last final "project car"

15 years later....

My second Mustang I purchased.  It was about 10 years old with 36,000 miles on it. Driven by a little old lady to the bars on the weekend with her girlfriends.
I bought it while halfway through the '66 project.

After a "few" mods. Eibach Pro springs, FR500 wheels and tires, exhaust, Cobra R hood and bumper, Light bar, ect...

I later added the S281 rear wing and repainted it.
The day it died:

It got caught between 3 women drivers.  As my Boy's always say, "Female drivers, no survivors!" I drove it almost 10 years.

It's replacement after a loonnnngggg wait. I had to borrow my Son's '95 GT conv. while he was in Afghanistan, then borrow a friends truck for 10 weeks when he got home and them my daughters old beater '98 Honda CR-V.  

And speaking of my Son's car (that I actually bought for him)

Of course he partook of a few too many spirits one night and stopped at the neighbors house on the way home to have a few donuts. the pine tree didn't play that shit!

But it's all back together again and it now has my old Cobra R hood on it.  We have a Cobra bumper in the shop and we're waiting on this spring to paint the car.

And one that is quite fond in my memory.  This was about 1982. It was actually my brothers car, but I found it for him and did all the wrenching on it and got to drive it like I stole it!
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Tempting to grab it and put it over in the corner.  My buddy helping me on my 95 Cobra would have a shit fit though as that 8k could go towards finishing my 95 where we just need to get cage, accessories, kmember, pro-m setup, and put it in.

Also got the 05 to do.

But how often do running nonRusted to shit 68 Fastbacks pop up?   Could be craigslist scam but then again... maybe not.    A good shell for a restomod would be awesome.
View Quote

I don't know much about the older mustangs as they were never really my thing.

Any pics of the 95? My buddy has a 94 that we are currently working on.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 5:15:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'll play....

My first mustang I ever purchased. It was my one last final "project car"
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/20130917_155112_zpsad57f071.jpg
15 years later....
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/1966%20Fastback%20GT/20141007_172254_zps0maghquv.jpg

My second Mustang I purchased.  It was about 10 years old with 36,000 miles on it. Driven by a little old lady to the bars on the weekend with her girlfriends.
I bought it while halfway through the '66 project.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/95vert.jpg

After a "few" mods. Eibach Pro springs, FR500 wheels and tires, exhaust, Cobra R hood and bumper, Light bar, ect...
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/photo-1.jpg
I later added the S281 rear wing and repainted it.
The day it died:
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/20130822_081153_zpsb0ddaa6a.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/20130822_081124_zps5193ae17.jpg
It got caught between 3 women drivers.  As my Boy's always say, "Female drivers, no survivors!" I drove it almost 10 years.

It's replacement after a loonnnngggg wait. I had to borrow my Son's '95 GT conv. while he was in Afghanistan, then borrow a friends truck for 10 weeks when he got home and them my daughters old beater '98 Honda CR-V.  
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/20141106_102454_zps26ivvz8g.jpg

And speaking of my Son's car (that I actually bought for him)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/20100409_0206.jpg
Of course he partook of a few too many spirits one night and stopped at the neighbors house on the way home to have a few donuts. the pine tree didn't play that shit!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/772c2acd.jpg
But it's all back together again and it now has my old Cobra R hood on it.  We have a Cobra bumper in the shop and we're waiting on this spring to paint the car.

And one that is quite fond in my memory.  This was about 1982. It was actually my brothers car, but I found it for him and did all the wrenching on it and got to drive it like I stole it!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/ScottsGT/scan0007.jpg
View Quote

Nice set of cars man. Sucks about all of the accidents, seems to be a fairly normal thing with mustangs. Luckily I've yet to be in a wreck with one of my babies. lol

That '15 looks great. how are you liking it? Any plans?
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nice set of cars man. Sucks about all of the accidents, seems to be a fairly normal thing with mustangs. Luckily I've yet to be in a wreck with one of my babies. lol

View Quote

Just make payments!  Actually, I went to Vegas last month and came home with enough winnings saved to get the windows tinted.
I'd like to be able to drop the $850 on a set of axle back Magnaflo's, but that payment thing.....
If you ever get the chance to drive one, just do it!  You will understand all the hype and realize Ford just set the goal higher for themselves.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:37:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also got the 05 to do.

Will see if I can get them up.

Got a couple.   Will probably have a bunch in a week or two after my new garage is done.

The 95 has most of the Maximum Motorsports track suspension.   Aarms, rear lowers, panhard bar, coilovers.  Subframes/cage hopefully this year.  Cobra R hood.   3.73 31 spline rear with torsen trutrack.  Cam/headers without tune are only mods.

When new to me it went like 15.2 @ 92mph.   With current mods it is at 14.2 @ 98.xmph with a 2.1x 60 foot on a 315 wide Sumitomo street tires.   It is being built for hopefully a 2016 Silver State Classic run.

Have a Dart SHP blocked 331 in garage that is 90% done, just gotta grab accessories and it is ready to go in with a new K-member.   Probably gonna use Pro-m stand alone plug and play ECU.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:49:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Just make payments!  Actually, I went to Vegas last month and came home with enough winnings saved to get the windows tinted.
I'd like to be able to drop the $850 on a set of axle back Magnaflo's, but that payment thing.....
If you ever get the chance to drive one, just do it!  You will understand all the hype and realize Ford just set the goal higher for themselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are popping up all around here and a few of my buddies have picked them up so I'll at least get to ride in one.

Skip the axle backs and throw a big blower on it. lol
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Got a couple.   Will probably have a bunch in a week or two after my new garage is done.

The 95 has most of the Maximum Motorsports track suspension.   Aarms, rear lowers, panhard bar, coilovers.  Subframes/cage hopefully this year.  Cobra R hood.   3.73 31 spline rear with torsen trutrack.  Cam/headers without tune are only mods.

When new to me it went like 15.2 @ 92mph.   With current mods it is at 14.2 @ 98.xmph with a 2.1x 60 foot on a 315 wide Sumitomo street tires.   It is being built for hopefully a 2016 Silver State Classic run.

Have a Dart SHP blocked 331 in garage that is 90% done, just gotta grab accessories and it is ready to go in with a new K-member.   Probably gonna use Pro-m stand alone plug and play ECU.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also got the 05 to do.

Right on. Get rid of those garbage Sumitomos and get a drag radial or a better street tire and your times will drop considerably.

She'll be fun with the 331 in it for sure.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 11:34:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Probably never going to get drag radials as I dont plan to drag race.   At best it will be road course stuff like Nitto NT01s or 05s.   The Sumitomos are just a cheap year rounder for me which I dont care if I burn them off.

I only hit the drag strip to get an idea of baseline improvements on test/tune nights where I can get 3 or so runs for 20 bucks.

We have several road courses around and that is my plan for both my 95 and 05.  Few HPDE sessions and track days.   Maybe toy around with autocross a bit.   Cars are mainly geared to back roads middle of nowhere twisties.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Jeez, you guys like to wreck mustangs.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:22:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thanks

On the buyers side it's simple. Just find a legit company to import it and be in a state that doesn't require any extra work to be done to the car to make it legal.

Once a car is 25 years old or older it's Federally legal to be imported into the U.S. A company has to be a RI (registered importer) to be able to import one and with the company I went through they take care of all of the work including getting through customs. Once it's here you register it like any other car. Here in Tx I have to go through a couple extra steps but it shouldn't be a problem. In CA, they require extra work to be done to the car to become CA compliant. I think it's like an extra 15k+ for the work.

When I get the car it will receive a FL title since that's where it's being imported to. Once I get it I will just have to transfer it to a TX title.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice rides.

Thanks

How long did it take you to find R32?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice rides.

Thanks

Not too long. If you know where to find them then it comes down to $. There aren't thousands of them for sale so you are limited but you can get them pretty cheap or go up into the mid 20's for a really nice one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Ive been meaning to post to this thread for a few days, but been too lazy to organize photos. Here are my past and present Mustangs:

1996 Mustang GT 5spd:

1999 Mustang GT 5spd:

2011 Mustang GT 5spd:

Link Posted: 1/11/2015 9:51:58 AM EDT
[#16]
OP, I think the Skyline is really cool. Would love to see more photos.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:46:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I saw a couple of Skylines a few years ago when I was in the Bahamas . I was surprised to see them .
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 10:54:14 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

me too

I also like that new mustang you got.  those are sexy as hell
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 10:57:30 AM EDT
[#19]
@TOO40GAWLF: Good looking mustangs man. I love the green one, what is that color called? The 11 looks good as well, what wheels are those?

@whiskerz: Chances are they are legal over there before the 25 year old rule unlike here in the U.S. I'm starting to see them every now and then now.

These are the only other pictures that I have since it's still in Japan. It's truly nothing fancy but it leaves a lot of room for modding.

Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

me too

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

me too

Thanks Man. She's awesome to drive. I've been through the suspension completely and made a it a ( very, very mild) track capable car. An offroad X and a custom tune have woke up the power a bit, but the motor is otherwise stock.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 1:49:05 PM EDT
[#21]
NCCobra,

The 96 color is called Pacific Green. I should've kept the OEM, white 'waffle' rims. They looked the best with that body style.

The wheels on the '11 are Drag DR-37s, but are a common design of which there are a couple dozen brands with similar styles.
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:37:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Tagged. Grew up a chevy/ford kid but always had a thing for imports, especially skylines. Have a goal to own a late 60s or late 90s by the time im 30. (12 yrs)
Link Posted: 1/12/2015 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Shit. Double posted. How do I delete?
Link Posted: 1/13/2015 12:29:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Wow, an auto Skyline. Are they common?
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 7:16:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Wow, an auto Skyline. Are they common?
View Quote

They are. Those skylines are like civics over here, they're everywhere. It will be getting a 5-speed swap once it arrives here first thing though. It was just a good price that I decided to go ahead and get it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top