Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2014 9:19:27 AM EDT
Sure, I'll take a stab at it.

240hp GP bikes. On slicks. In the rain.

I don't care that there are only 5 laps left. Whoever's decision it was to stay out there (cough .... Marquez) needs to have their head examined.  

crash.net
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Rider's have the freedom to decide how fast they will go and if they will continue.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Strategically, it was a stupid mistake.

But he's a kid, full of piss and vinegar. What are you going to do? He felt fast and comfortable, and then conditions changed.

Lesson learned, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Strategically, it was a stupid mistake.

But he's a kid, full of piss and vinegar. What are you going to do? He felt fast and comfortable, and then conditions changed.

Lesson learned, I'm sure.
View Quote

For sure.

And the last thing that a pure bred racer wants to do is voluntarily give up a position for any reason. (he may or may not have given up the spot
to Lorenzo if he came in. I'm not sure).

Watching it, seeing how heavy the rain was falling, it was a no brainer from my comfortable position on the couch.

It was crazy to seem them both go down. I think Pedrosa was just following Marquez's lead.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 5:52:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think Pedrosa was just following Marquez's lead.
View Quote

Absolutely, he has to.

Lorenzo, Rossi and the rest of the field can blame the bike, but Pedrobot can't......he is already ON the bike. So he has no choice, no excuse, but to run with Marquez.

Once Dani crashed, I felt like it was only a matter of time until Marc did too.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I've crashed on slicks in the rain. I was waiting for them to crash, knowing it was inevitable once you can see any sort of water coming up from the wheels. 1 or 2 laps left, stay on it. 5-7 laps left, swap.. absolutely.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I just finished watching it. I was about as surprised as his crew when Marquez didn't come in on that last lap.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Kids starting to believe his own hype. Stupid rookie decision made by a guy who's supposed to be the second coming. I just feel bad Rossi wasn't there to capitalize on it.

Oh well, I bet he won't do that again.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:14:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Kids starting to believe his own hype. Stupid rookie decision made by a guy who's supposed to be the second coming. I just feel bad Rossi wasn't there to capitalize on it.

Oh well, I bet he won't do that again.
View Quote

All this.

MM was banking the rain would not get any worse and even if Lorenzo went in he would cruise to the end since there would be no way to make up the lost time. But ironically the rain got worse just as Lorenzo went in and even if MM came in on the next lap he may not have been able to catch him. Lorenzo has done this a few times before and the kid made a mistake. Shame about Rossi...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:06:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Even with DOT race tires it's like riding on ice.  My first time on rain tires I went out for the warm up lap and it felt awesome.  I was wondering why everyone else was going so slow.  Then I crashed and couldn't make the start because I broke my clutch lever perch.
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Rossi was a squirrel.
He hasn't done something that dumb in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:56:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Rossi was a squirrel.
He hasn't done something that dumb in a long time.
View Quote

Yeah, I watched it over a few times and he uncharacteristically screwed the pooch.

It was clear he was setting Pedrosa up for a couple laps, and I think he just caught up faster than he expected after exiting the previous corner
and had nowhere to go when Pedrosa left no room on the outside.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top