Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/19/2011 4:46:25 AM EDT
about to get a set of tires for my truck. its 05 chevy 1500 4x4. tires on it now are 265/70r17. what height and width can i go up to without any rubbing? there no lift or leveling on the truck. any suggestions for some good all terrain tires that wont kill the bank too badly?
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 6:42:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Just asked this question a few weeks ago. I got BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO. I shopped a bit and got them at Sam's for about $1150 mounted and balanced with free rotation every 7500.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 8:26:13 AM EDT
[#2]
without any trimming or a leveling kit for the front your at the limit with the 265's you can crank the keys up a bit and get it realigned and squeeze 285's on it, they may rub slightly at full lock turns. leveling keys are a better way instead of cranking up the factory ones, i never belived it untill i installed them on my 00gmc, they ride way better than cranking up the factory ones.
also note, that if you do not have the computer tuned for the larger tires, expect to loose mpg's by alot more than you think.

these are the tires ive got on mine, love them so far,

Here you go
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#3]
BFG All Terrains or Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs will be perfect. The Duratracs might be a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a set of Michelin LTX M/S 2s on my Explorer before last winter and am very happy with them.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 9:33:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the Michelin LTX M/S on a van and the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's on my Crown Vic. The Michelins started cracking on the outside within a year of using them but the tread pattern was good in all conditions. However, the BFGs are much more aggressive and work well on dry hot pavement as well as it does in heavy rain / floods, and snow/ice. My vote is for the BFG All-Terrain TA KO. I plan to ditch the LTX M/S for the BFGs on the van next year.
Link Posted: 11/19/2011 9:59:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
about to get a set of tires for my truck. its 05 chevy 1500 4x4. tires on it now are 265/70r17. what height and width can i go up to without any rubbing? there no lift or leveling on the truck. any suggestions for some good all terrain tires that wont kill the bank too badly?

Firestone Destination A/T

Fairly inexpensive compared to other popular tires in this category.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top