BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:46:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is the essence of what I'm asking.

If the answer is "I don't know, I'm just riding the hype train and hoping for greater fools" then I can accept that answer.  I can't accept that an estimation of market size is unknowable.

The idea of MJ breathalyzers sounds like a very reasonable product in this day and age which is why I was asking the question in the first place.

If someone who did the research told me that alcohol breathalyzers are a $500 million market and that this product would be able to sell at a similar price point then I'd be interested in buying this company knowing there is lots of potential there.  My next stop would be to understand the product itself, it's chances of working, and how many competitors were out there taking a shot at this market.

If someone told me that it's a $10 million per year business with only one or two niche players then I'd say anyone investing in BLOFZ is making a bet with bad odds regardless of how good their product is.

These aren't crazy things to consider when you risking your own money.

Of course the company could fail even if the market for their product is there.  That has to be a factor when you are investing but it's important to know if there is even any potential in the first place at current prices.  If all of the potential is already priced in or if it's even overbought, that'd be a good thing to know!
View Quote
I get what you are saying and I agree with both you and zhguitar because you're both right. You are correct in that in essence there is a market cap, but to zh's point that market cap is only perceived. Their literal market cap is minus (-) a lot, its negative. They are a R&D company, (edited) they don't turn a profit they don't generate any revenue, they only spend money in the hopes of eventually inventing a product.

That's what makes it a 100% speculative stock. People can speculate all day as to what the market cap could potentially be. But the item doesn't exist and never has, its vaporware, its an idea in the works. So nobody can be so sure as to what the market value of even just one device will cost. Is it $10? Is it $20? Is it $100? How reliable will it be? Will legislation or whatever be created to make a failed breathalyzer admissible in court? Will it be worthless and inaccurate? Will it be a gag gift stoners use to see how high they can get? Or will it become standard kit for LEO and first responders?

And only then, will the company be successful in all the aspects mentioned prior?

Its obviously not an easy thing to create or we would have it already. Point is, and long story short, their market cap is currently nothing. It is 100% a speculative investment. They may never create anything of substance, and whats more, they may never have intended to create anything.

It could be ENRON or it could be AMAZON. Its unknowable today.
Link Posted: 6/22/2018 12:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I get what you are saying and I agree with both you and zhguitar because you're both right. You are correct in that in essence there is a market cap, but to zh's point that market cap is only perceived. Their literal market cap is minus (-) a lot, its negative. They are a R&D company, (edited) they don't turn a profit they don't generate any revenue, they only spend money in the hopes of eventually inventing a product.

That's what makes it a 100% speculative stock. People can speculate all day as to what the market cap could potentially be. But the item doesn't exist and never has, its vaporware, its an idea in the works. So nobody can be so sure as to what the market value of even just one device will cost. Is it $10? Is it $20? Is it $100? How reliable will it be? Will legislation or whatever be created to make a failed breathalyzer admissible in court? Will it be worthless and inaccurate? Will it be a gag gift stoners use to see how high they can get? Or will it become standard kit for LEO and first responders?

And only then, will the company be successful in all the aspects mentioned prior?

Its obviously not an easy thing to create or we would have it already. Point is, and long story short, their market cap is currently nothing. It is 100% a speculative investment. They may never create anything of substance, and whats more, they may never have intended to create anything.

View Quote
Well stated. I agree. I gave more info as to try to answer woodsie's questions about the market valuation.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:06:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I do not know the market size. In researching this sector comparables are made to existing companies that do the current alcohol breathalyzers. There are several and it is a very large market. Most of the data I saw was based on the USA and Canada. The current alcohol breathalizer market is worth hundreds of millions.

The North America Breathalyzers Market was worth USD 790 million in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 7.2%, to reach USD 1118 million by 2021.

https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/breath-analyzers.asp

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/08/03/861307/0/en/Breath-Analyzer-Market-Poised-to-Surge-from-USD-500-0-Million-in-2015-to-USD-1-600-0-Million-Globally-by-2021-ZionMarketResearch-Com.html

The idea and I think the huge hype around this company is based on the breathalyzer part.  All of the other potential competitors use biological samples (saliva, blood, urine) which either takes more time, costs more or is a violation of rights. So if BLOZF comes to market with a breathalizer then they would potentially dominate the market.  If other countries adopt this it becomes HUGE.  One would think that every police unit would have one.

Even so, as you pointed out it is way over valuated currently ( I think). Which is why I went back to the speculation article I linked.

When Amazon started did you wait to determine what their potential market share is and calculate it before investing. Hell no. I thought, this will be huge and a lot of people will do it. You realize Amazon is still NOT in a lot of countries so there is still more upside. How would you calculate it? Why would you have to?

Investing comes down to your tolerence for risk. It sounds like you are adverse to risk. That's fine. Some of us like to gamble and are not afraid of risk.

Does that help answer your questions? (good questions, by the way)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really think you are misunderstanding my point, particularly with that last link.

The whole reason I'm asking for someone to explain the size of the potential market is BECAUSE it's being valued so far beyond its book value and any reasonable multiple of earnings.  My whole point is to try and understand what assumptions people are making in order to speculate on this company.

I'm still not buying that estimating the size of the market is impossible because there is no way that this company is spending millions of dollars on R&D without having done exactly that themselves.

Nobody in their right mind spends that kind of money developing a product without some idea of what the potential is.

I'm not saying it's knowable down to the last dollar but you should at least have a good enough idea to know if a $160 million valuation is reasonable or not.

Its fine if you don't know and don't care but don't tell me you can't just because you didn't.
I do not know the market size. In researching this sector comparables are made to existing companies that do the current alcohol breathalyzers. There are several and it is a very large market. Most of the data I saw was based on the USA and Canada. The current alcohol breathalizer market is worth hundreds of millions.

The North America Breathalyzers Market was worth USD 790 million in 2016 and estimated to be growing at a CAGR of 7.2%, to reach USD 1118 million by 2021.

https://www.marketsandmarkets.com/PressReleases/breath-analyzers.asp

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2016/08/03/861307/0/en/Breath-Analyzer-Market-Poised-to-Surge-from-USD-500-0-Million-in-2015-to-USD-1-600-0-Million-Globally-by-2021-ZionMarketResearch-Com.html

The idea and I think the huge hype around this company is based on the breathalyzer part.  All of the other potential competitors use biological samples (saliva, blood, urine) which either takes more time, costs more or is a violation of rights. So if BLOZF comes to market with a breathalizer then they would potentially dominate the market.  If other countries adopt this it becomes HUGE.  One would think that every police unit would have one.

Even so, as you pointed out it is way over valuated currently ( I think). Which is why I went back to the speculation article I linked.

When Amazon started did you wait to determine what their potential market share is and calculate it before investing. Hell no. I thought, this will be huge and a lot of people will do it. You realize Amazon is still NOT in a lot of countries so there is still more upside. How would you calculate it? Why would you have to?

Investing comes down to your tolerence for risk. It sounds like you are adverse to risk. That's fine. Some of us like to gamble and are not afraid of risk.

Does that help answer your questions? (good questions, by the way)
That's great info, thank you.

Regarding the risk part you are way off on my style.  I like risk but I always arm myself with as much info as possible before taking it so that the actual risk is understood.  I'll gladly take a risky position if it is justified by the potential reward.

High risk and lack of information are not mutually inclusive. You can be clueless and make a low risk investment by chance just like you can be well informed and make a high risk investment by choice.

Having information is how you know the risks in the first place.  There is nothing to say that BLOZF is high risk or low risk in the absence of any information which informs you of the risks.

I think you are misunderstanding me again if you think that I'm saying it's overvalued.  I'm just saying that it's value is not determinable based on sales since they have none so you need to look at other factors like growth potential and the product itself.

Regarding Amazon, I did consider the size of the retail market as well the market share of e-commerce before investing.  It was calcuable then as it is not and is a very good way of informing the potential for that company.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
So are you in or out regarding BLOZF?
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:11:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is the essence of what I'm asking.

If the answer is "I don't know, I'm just riding the hype train and hoping for greater fools" then I can accept that answer.  I can't accept that an estimation of market size is unknowable.

The idea of MJ breathalyzers sounds like a very reasonable product in this day and age which is why I was asking the question in the first place.

If someone who did the research told me that alcohol breathalyzers are a $500 million market and that this product would be able to sell at a similar price point then I'd be interested in buying this company knowing there is lots of potential there.  My next stop would be to understand the product itself, it's chances of working, and how many competitors were out there taking a shot at this market.

If someone told me that it's a $10 million per year business with only one or two niche players then I'd say anyone investing in BLOFZ is making a bet with bad odds regardless of how good their product is.

These aren't crazy things to consider when you risking your own money.

Of course the company could fail even if the market for their product is there.  That has to be a factor when you are investing but it's important to know if there is even any potential in the first place at current prices.  If all of the potential is already priced in or if it's even overbought, that'd be a good thing to know!

I genuinely think you don't understand my point at all.

You keep using the term "market cap" incorrectly and that's going to make it tough to understand my point if you don't understand the terminology.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:13:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So are you in or out regarding BLOZF?
View Quote
I'm satisfied with the potential size of the market but I need to understand their product a little better.  I'll try and get a chance to read about it this week.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm satisfied with the potential size of the market but I need to understand their product a little better.  I'll try and get a chance to read about it this week.
View Quote
Obviously check out their website. When researching pay particular attention to the breathalyzer part. Big advantage over competition. Most work on biological fluids.
Also note the relationship with BTHCF (Breathtec Biomedical). Same people, different company and market with same technology.

Almost forgot, look for the info on the patent for the THC car interlock!!!

Cannabix info with links.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:03:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You keep using the term "market cap" incorrectly and that's going to make it tough to understand my point if you don't understand the terminology.
View Quote
I fully understand your point, I’m amazed you think my response was off base.

I did mess up and kept saying market cap, but I meant market size. I think you knew that, too, or at least you should have been able to pick up on that since it’s what you’re asking about.

The market size doesn’t exist today, or, the market size is zero (less technically since they spend money and don’t sell anything yet). There is no product to sell. Any idea to the prospective market size is completely speculative. Hell, its still speculation that the product will ever be developed, and then if it is, it can only be speculated as to how accurate/effective/useful it is. It’s not possible to know what the market size could be, it might literally never come to market. Or it might change the law enforcement world. So the market size may some day be between zero and billions.

Hence, it is a 98% speculative investment.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:08:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I did mess up and kept saying market cap, but I meant market size. I think you knew that, too, or at least you should have been able to pick up on that since it’s what you’re asking about.

The market size doesn’t exist today, or, the market size is zero (less technically since they spend money and don’t sell anything yet). There is no product to sell. Any idea to the prospective market size is completely speculative. Hell, its still speculation that the product will ever be developed, and then if it is, it can only be speculated as to how accurate/effective/useful it is. It’s not possible to know what the market size could be, it might literally never come to market. Or it might change the law enforcement world. So the market size may some day be between zero and billions.

View Quote
I understood what you meant regarding market size vs cap.

Anyway, while I agree with you on all that there is one thing I don't agree with.  Now this is my own personal opinion based on a lot of research and watching this company for about 3 years.  I don't think it's 98% speculative at this point.  Since phase 3 trial results are in and they have a patent on the THC interlock I think it is less speculative than it was previously.  I will just make up a number and say 50% at this point.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I understood what you meant regarding market size vs cap.

Anyway, while I agree with you on all that there is one thing I don't agree with.  Now this is my own personal opinion based on a lot of research and watching this company for about 3 years.  I don't think it's 98% speculative at this point.  Since phase 3 trial results are in and they have a patent on the THC interlock I think it is less speculative than it was previously.  I will just make up a number and say 50% at this point.
View Quote
Interesting, I’m gonna have to read the links you just put up above here. I was following along maybe 6 months ago most recently but haven’t been following it closely like MJ lately. I wanted to jump in in the worst way but it was too risky/speculative even for me, and I’m practically a fiend for it (high risk high reward).
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:32:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know what to tell you.  There is no way you understand my point based on the responses you are giving me.  We are talking on two entirely different planes.  For me to respond to what you are saying is to get off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the question I originally posed in this thread.

At best, you are telling me things that I already know like they are an answer to my question when in reality they are the REASON that I have the question in the first place.

I know that this company is not currently generating any revenue from the sale of this product.  I know that they are spending money purely on development at this point.  I know that the market cap of (now) $165 million is based on speculation as there is no revenue and no sales.

Knowing all of these things, I'm asking "How big is the potential market for this product?" and there are reasonable answers to that question.  I am 100% certain that Cannabix Technologies themselves has a reasonable answer to that question as no sane company on the planet spends millions of dollars on R&D for a product with no concept of what the market for that product is going to be.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the answer to my question could be found by simply rifling through their press releases and investor communications over the past couple years.

I asked the question to the group here because I figured that people risking their own money in a company that is purely an R&D company at this point would have figured that out ahead of time.  It is actually a fairly standard question for any investor to answer for themselves when investing in any company in or before the growth stage where you are paying a very high multiple of earnings (or infinite in this case) for shares of stock.

Maybe the confusion is that you think I'm asking for a very specific answer and a high level of certainty.  If that's the case, that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about having a very rough range of what the potential market for this product would be.  For a company with assets of $7.5 million and no revenue whatsoever, it's important to know if there is even a possibility that the market for their product is going to be large enough to support their current market capitalization of $165 million.

I think that's the best I'm going to be able to do to explain my point.  Hopefully you understand better where I'm coming from and find something useful in it.

To come full circle on my question, zhguitar did finally give me an answer which I think was pretty credible in terms of getting an idea of what the market could look like for this type of product.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't know what to tell you.  There is no way you understand my point based on the responses you are giving me.  We are talking on two entirely different planes.  For me to respond to what you are saying is to get off on a tangent that has nothing to do with the question I originally posed in this thread.

At best, you are telling me things that I already know like they are an answer to my question when in reality they are the REASON that I have the question in the first place.

I know that this company is not currently generating any revenue from the sale of this product.  I know that they are spending money purely on development at this point.  I know that the market cap of (now) $165 million is based on speculation as there is no revenue and no sales.

Knowing all of these things, I'm asking "How big is the potential market for this product?" and there are reasonable answers to that question.  I am 100% certain that Cannabix Technologies themselves has a reasonable answer to that question as no sane company on the planet spends millions of dollars on R&D for a product with no concept of what the market for that product is going to be.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the answer to my question could be found by simply rifling through their press releases and investor communications over the past couple years.

I asked the question to the group here because I figured that people risking their own money in a company that is purely an R&D company at this point would have figured that out ahead of time.  It is actually a fairly standard question for any investor to answer for themselves when investing in any company in or before the growth stage where you are paying a very high multiple of earnings (or infinite in this case) for shares of stock.

Maybe the confusion is that you think I'm asking for a very specific answer and a high level of certainty.  If that's the case, that's not what I'm talking about.  I'm talking about having a very rough range of what the potential market for this product would be.  For a company with assets of $7.5 million and no revenue whatsoever, it's important to know if there is even a possibility that the market for their product is going to be large enough to support their current market capitalization of $165 million.

I think that's the best I'm going to be able to do to explain my point.  Hopefully you understand better where I'm coming from and find something useful in it.

To come full circle on my question, zhguitar did finally give me an answer which I think was pretty credible in terms of getting an idea of what the market could look like for this type of product.
View Quote

I think at this point you’re just trying to establish the pole position in a pissing match or you are the kind of guy that doesn’t want to hear anything from anybody and you aren’t actually reading what anybody is typing.

You’re starting every other post with “I don’t think you understand my point” or something of the like and then going off on a diatribe literally answering your own questions. So why don’t you just tell us, then, what the potential market size is?

A few posts ago you literally wrap up a post saying the potential exists for the company to go out of business before a product even comes to market (so a potential market size of zero), and we discussed earlier, and you confirmed, the potential high end of the market size is [product price (which is currently unknown and will remain so until it hits the free market)] multiplied by [number of police vehicles in first world countries]. I believe you even said something to the effect of “that’s exactly what I’m talking about”. So, in summary, as I’ve said four other times now, the potential market size is between zero and infinity.

And then I elaborated there are about 10000 other factors that will effect that, such as legislation of viability in prosecution or effectiveness and accuracy of the actual product. It doesn’t exist so a fair market value of the product can’t even be established yet. Sure, Cannabix can say it’ll be $100 but that doesn’t mean shit until people pony up or don’t.

As for the part of your post highlighted in red. No you’re not. You’re not 100% on anything about them, to which my point was they could just as easily be the next ENRON. You can’t even be 100% that’s not the case. If you were 100% on anything about them you wouldn’t be on some obscure investing subforum on a gun website asking a couple nobodies for their opinion on a not yet invented marijuana breathalyzer device.

FWIW, as much of a speculative and risk taking young guy as I am, even I don’t have money in cannabix because I believe what I have been saying to be on point. You don’t know the potential market size, I don’t know it, cannabix doesn’t know it, and what’s more, we CANT know. We won’t know it until the market for it is created. We can alll make all the educated guesses and speculate all we want and we’re just going to go in circles here until a product comes to market and a price point is decided by people/agencies either buying it or not.

To zhguitars point, this is the conclusion I came to sixish months ago when I was first seriously considering throwing some money in. Perhaps that has changed and when I get a chance to read more I’ll reevaluate my position.

Until then I stand by my point. The potential market size is currently 0-100000000. Accept it or don’t, makes not a bit of fucking difference to me.
Link Posted: 6/26/2018 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I think at this point you’re just trying to establish the pole position in a pissing match or you are the kind of guy that doesn’t want to hear anything from anybody and you aren’t actually reading what anybody is typing.

You’re starting every other post with “I don’t think you understand my point” or something of the like and then going off on a diatribe literally answering your own questions. So why don’t you just tell us, then, what the potential market size is?

A few posts ago you literally wrap up a post saying the potential exists for the company to go out of business before a product even comes to market (so a potential market size of zero), and we discussed earlier, and you confirmed, the potential high end of the market size is [product price (which is currently unknown and will remain so until it hits the free market)] multiplied by [number of police vehicles in first world countries]. I believe you even said something to the effect of “that’s exactly what I’m talking about”. So, in summary, as I’ve said four other times now, the potential market size is between zero and infinity.

And then I elaborated there are about 10000 other factors that will effect that, such as legislation of viability in prosecution or effectiveness and accuracy of the actual product. It doesn’t exist so a fair market value of the product can’t even be established yet. Sure, Cannabix can say it’ll be $100 but that doesn’t mean shit until people pony up or don’t.

As for the part of your post highlighted in red. No you’re not. You’re not 100% on anything about them, to which my point was they could just as easily be the next ENRON. You can’t even be 100% that’s not the case. If you were 100% on anything about them you wouldn’t be on some obscure investing subforum on a gun website asking a couple nobodies for their opinion on a not yet invented marijuana breathalyzer device.

FWIW, as much of a speculative and risk taking young guy as I am, even I don’t have money in cannabix because I believe what I have been saying to be on point. You don’t know the potential market size, I don’t know it, cannabix doesn’t know it, and what’s more, we CANT know. We won’t know it until the market for it is created. We can alll make all the educated guesses and speculate all we want and we’re just going to go in circles here until a product comes to market and a price point is decided by people/agencies either buying it or not.

To zhguitars point, this is the conclusion I came to sixish months ago when I was first seriously considering throwing some money in. Perhaps that has changed and when I get a chance to read more I’ll reevaluate my position.

Until then I stand by my point. The potential market size is currently 0-100000000. Accept it or don’t, makes not a bit of fucking difference to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know why you are getting pissy at me.  I've made a conscious effort not to attack you or demean you in my responses and instead just explain myself in as straight forward manner as I possibly can.

I simply think you don't understand what I'm saying and you last response does nothing to change that.

You keep referring to market size like it's equivalent to the companies current or future sales and even considered it to be technically negative in the present and that right there is the best illustration I can think of in terms of how you don't understand what I'm saying.

I don't want to just keep repeating myself so if you want to re-read my posts you are more than welcome to but I really have no desire to further unintentionally offend you by continuing to try to explain where I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I don't know why you are getting pissy at me.  I've made a conscious effort not to attack you or demean you in my responses and instead just explain myself in as straight forward manner as I possibly can.

I simply think you don't understand what I'm saying and you last response does nothing to change that.

You keep referring to market size like it's equivalent to the companies current or future sales and even considered it to be technically negative in the present and that right there is the best illustration I can think of in terms of how you don't understand what I'm saying.

I don't want to just keep repeating myself so if you want to re-read my posts you are more than welcome to but I really have no desire to further unintentionally offend you by continuing to try to explain where I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

LOL

It’s been 7 days since you posed your question, so have you done any research to discover what you’re asking? Are you any closer or further from investing in cannabix? Or are you just pissing up a rope?

I suspect the latter and I’m annoyed because it’s become apparent I’m wasting  my time trying to answer your ever evolving in-understandable question. Which, by the way, since I guess you have forgot, is:

Quoted:
What's the size of their potential market dollars wise?  Even just a rough range.

I'm looking at it but it's difficult for me to say if their current market cap of $120 million is small or large relative to the potential sales that their potential product represents.  Right now they don't have a dime of revenue so I can't really look at that.  
And as stated half a dozen times now; $0-1,000,000,000

$0 being the company folds or doesn’t finish a product to market.
$1,000,000,000 being the product is high cost and high accuracy, supportive of prosecution, and becomes a must have for every LEO/first responder around the world.

You’re free, just like everybody else, to throw your dart.

It is not just difficult for you to say, it isdifficult for anybody to say, dare I say impossible, because nobody fucking knows. The product does not exist yet. Nobody knows if it will be great or useless, or if the company will even produce it. Let me remind you, in your original question (post), you used the word “potential” three times. And all those potential things can only be speculated to at this point. That’s A LOT of speculation when looking for your answer, and so it is unanswerable to Amy degree of accuracy, outside of picking a number and being lucky a couple years down the road and being close. Nobody knows.

I’m done replying to you past this point. It’s occurred to me you can’t comprehend the fact there is no exact answer to your question. Do your own  homework and when you’re ready you can come here and add some useful info to this thread and tell us what the answer to your question is. I suspect you won’t because, as I concluded, you’re just pissing up a rope.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
LOL

It’s been 7 days since you posed your question, so have you done any research to discover what you’re asking? Are you any closer or further from investing in cannabix? Or are you just pissing up a rope?

I suspect the latter and I’m annoyed because it’s become apparent I’m wasting  my time trying to answer your ever evolving in-understandable question. Which, by the way, since I guess you have forgot, is:

$1,000,000,000 being the product is high cost and high accuracy, supportive of prosecution, and becomes a must have for every LEO/first responder around the world.

It is not just difficult for you to say, it isdifficult for anybody to say, dare I say impossible, because nobody fucking knows. The product does not exist yet. Nobody knows if it will be great or useless, or if the company will even produce it. Let me remind you, in your original question (post), you used the word “potential” three times. And all those potential things can only be speculated to at this point. That’s A LOT of speculation when looking for your answer, and so it is unanswerable to Amy degree of accuracy, outside of picking a number and being lucky a couple years down the road and being close. Nobody knows.

I’m done replying to you past this point. It’s occurred to me you can’t comprehend the fact there is no exact answer to your question. Do your own  homework and when you’re ready you can come here and add some useful info to this thread and tell us what the answer to your question is. I suspect you won’t because, as I concluded, you’re just pissing up a rope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

Quoted:
What's the size of their potential market dollars wise?  Even just a rough range.

I'm looking at it but it's difficult for me to say if their current market cap of $120 million is small or large relative to the potential sales that their potential product represents.  Right now they don't have a dime of revenue so I can't really look at that.  

I've stated already that there is no exact answer to my question explicitly so how can you say I don't comprehend that?

You can re-state this a dozen more times and it still has nothing to do with my question and still demonstrates that you don't understand my question.  You are describing the potential outcomes for this specific company with their specific product.  You're answer of $0-$1,000,000,000 would be a fair answer to that question but unfortunately that's not the question that I had asked.

I'm asking about potential market for a product that proposes to analyze a users breath for marijuana.  That is not a question that is specific to any particular company or any particular product from that company.  It's a question about who the potential buyers are for such a product regardless of who is able to bring it to market.  That question has not evolved or been a moving target and I've worked very hard in my responses to not veer off into a tangent.

As I stated before, zhguitar understood my question and answered it and I'm satisfied with the answer.

Once again, there is no reason for you to be act all pissy and injured about my responses.  All I'm doing is explaining myself and attempting to illustrate where I think you and I are talking about different things.  I'm not attacking you personally yet you continue to throw venom back at me for no good reason whatsoever.
Link Posted: 6/27/2018 1:11:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I found the best way to invest was to spend $5k on a chance at a license here in AZ.  Had to have $x in the bank and ready to go.  Have to dot T's and cross I's and then choose an area.  North Scottsdale or Sierra Vista... hmmm, tough one.  Id have to go with North Scottsdale.  Send in a check, lots of forms, bank statements, a live cat and then wait...

oh, Competition for this zone is over 30 groups?  no problem.  Got it covered.  fingers crossed and....

Have to open the biz within 30 days.  Have location set up etc.  Then comes the fees...Carrying suitcases of cash into downtown phoenix to pay the "taxes"

I think I would rather just quietly invest.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Just talked about today on MSNBC while talking about MO. Altria is gearing up for the battle with MJ. They have announced dedicating resources towards what they called innovative alternatives. This is a new area that will be dealing with competitive products such as e-cigs, tobacco gum, MJ, etc...

The goal of the Innovative Alternatives area (not officially a division) is to countermarket against competing products and/or decide if they should enter the market.

Regardless of any speculation that may have been posted in this thread, Altria is taking action. I would suspect that this the of planning will be playing out among all the tobacco companies that weren't interviewed today.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#19]
There will be a shareholder vote on July 30th for Canopy Growth to do a stock split.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There will be a shareholder vote on July 30th for Canopy Growth to do a stock split.
View Quote
That should be good for Canopy.
I heard (rumors on a forum, not relieable) that some good news is expected from BLOZF soon. +/- 6 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 7:01:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That should be good for Canopy.
I heard (rumors on a forum, not relieable) that some good news is expected from BLOZF soon. +/- 6 weeks.
View Quote
I agree, Canopy was running away in price per share compared to all the competition. This should pull in more investors.

Any speculation as to what the news on BLOZF might be?

I would be surprised if we didn’t hear about another big merger in the next month or so. After the aurora/medrelief merger I feel like one of these trailing companies need to make a move.
Link Posted: 6/30/2018 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Any speculation as to what the news on BLOZF might be?
View Quote
Someone claimed to be "inside" or "in the know" and said that they are finishing up the current trial and the results will be good.
Completely unreliable but does make sense with the current timeline.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Intersting article.

Headed to the Moon
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 12:34:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 2:18:39 PM EDT
[#25]
@zhguitar I just took a peak at Cannabix today, whats going on over there?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Looks like Canada approved saliva testing for THC. Another company has received approval. Drager 5000

A lot of people bailed on BLOZF since they won't be "first to market".  Basic shakeout. There was a huge drop in price "sell off" and trading was halted. It rebounded a bit today.

I think that they still have the advantage IF they end up with an actual product.  They have a prototype and have done in field testing.

Here is a statement from Cannabix that explains it well.  Check it out and let me know if you have questions.

Cannabix statement 7/30/2018
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 11:15:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Something's coming.  I am totally guessing and have no info on anything. It's quiet. Something's coming.

Go BLOZF....

I just hope it's not bad news.  It might be an all or nothing moment. Fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#28]
CRON and Canopy both have ER on the 14th.

I picked up a couple hundred BLOZF a week or two ago when I saw it lowering. Total gamble, I dont think they ever bring anything to market. Just waiting to dump on the next spike.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I picked up a couple hundred BLOZF a week or two ago when I saw it lowering. Total gamble, I dont think they ever bring anything to market. Just waiting to dump on the next spike.
View Quote
I am starting to doubt whether they will bring a product to market or not as well. However, the upside is too tempting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 8:42:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Canopy Growth must have had a nice earnings call! Up almost 50% to $36 pre market.

ETA: Constellation Brands invests 4 billion $CAD in Canopy.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Canopy Growth must have had a nice earnings call! Up almost 50% to $36 pre market.

ETA: Constellation Brands invests 4 billion $CAD in Canopy.
View Quote
Yes, earnings were up 63% and Constellation invests $4B.

Constellation imports alcohol.  Thinks MJ infused Corona!  Who wouldn't drink that?!

BTW here's and interesting interview with BLOZF leaders from last year. Interesting regarding the timing of the patent.

Auido interview with Cannabix Nov 2017

Here's a recent article 8/14/18 which supports BLOZF breathalyzer over the recently approved Drager 5000 saliva teasting.

Drugged Driving article

DYODD
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#32]

CGC could break $40 today.

CRON is up over $8.

Cannabix jumped up 18% yesterday.

Im loving the ride right now. Canopy is nearly 20% of my portfolio.

I was waiting till mid september to add to my positions, believing there will be a lull/dip while we wait for the mid october Canadian legalization and the next round of earnings. Maybe I was wrong. Hmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/22/2018 2:35:39 PM EDT
[#33]
So just announced European regulators might be creating a new category of MJ infused alcoholic drinks in response to Constellation Brands' $4b investment into Canopy because it contains two regulated items, alcohol and marijuana.

Currently analysts aren't sure how this is going to swing. It may require a ton of regulatory restrictions similar but separate from alcohol. This could mean double the administrative and distribution costs if the new regulations do not allow personnel to crossover. It could also be much ado about nothing if regulators allow current administration and distribution personnel to distribute.

Other major companies are watching the outcome of this.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 7:31:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Some police departments in Canada are already issuing Point of Contact cannabis breathalyzers from Draegerwerk.  Alere  makes another one that is supposed to work as designed, and I believe is in use. Cannabix looks like a scam.

Watch for production contracts with the provinces.
Ontario Cannabis Store updates

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Some police departments in Canada are already issuing Point of Contact cannabis breathalyzers from Draegerwerk.  Alere  makes another one that is supposed to work as designed, and I believe is in use. Cannabix looks like a scam.
View Quote
You're right that it may be a scam. However, Cannabix has the only breathalyzer (that I am aware of from my research) that quantitizes and measures for metabolites of THC with is more accurate. Saliva is not reliable, takes time and is invasive. It also requires probable cause in the U.S. as it's collecting DNA.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:17:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You're right that it may be a scam. However, Cannabix has the only breathalyzer (that I am aware of from my research) that quantitizes and measures for metabolites of THC with is more accurate. Saliva is not reliable, takes time and is invasive. It also requires probable cause in the U.S. as it's collecting DNA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree with you on that, however, it could be argued that Portable Breath Test straws do the same thing. Also, that’s not a problem in Canada. If the provinces are told to standardize on one THC breathalyzer device, I’d wager that it will be on one that is already in use (Toronto, GTA, Hamilton, Calgary, Vancouver PDs might be worth asking). I actually got pretty excited for Cannabix when I saw that Bull Run Capital was run by a former RCMP Constable, especially after what they were trying to do. Once I found out there were already devices in hand, that balloon popped for me.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 10:53:40 AM EDT
[#37]
You seem well informed so no need to go into all the details.

I will add that considering the petential market (U.S. vs. Canada) I still think it's worth the risk.
While Canada may go the saliva route, at least intially, this is approximately 37 million people.
I believe there are about 30 million in Texas alone so the U.S. market is ultimately where the $ is. IMO

Also with the flaws and limitations of the current devices and Draeger etc. Cannabix should be the one.......... IF they can get a product to market in time and if it's not a scam.

HUGE IF......But HUGE $$$$$$
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:20:50 PM EDT
[#38]
A friend forwarded this to me. I have no intention of taking a “position” at the moment but figured I’d share and see what you guys thought.

It’s pre-IPO

https://hightimesinvestor.com/
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Seems like there are a lot better options to invest in.

Not feeling the High Times investment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Seems like there are a lot better options to invest in.

Not feeling the High Times investment.
View Quote
I said the same thing to the guy who sent it to me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:31:19 AM EDT
[#41]
All MJ stocks seem to be parabolic and still rocketing up. I cant imagine this can keep up, somethings got to give.

I'm sitting on a pile of cash waiting to increase positions on the next big dip. (CRON, CGC)

I bought in a a few shares of STZ (@ $204)last week, too, because MJ has just run away too far at the moment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
All MJ stocks seem to be parabolic and still rocketing up. I cant imagine this can keep up, somethings got to give.

I'm sitting on a pile of cash waiting to increase positions on the next big dip. (CRON, CGC)

I bought in a a few shares of STZ (@ $204)last week, too, because MJ has just run away too far at the moment.
View Quote
Yeah,
I am debating on selling my MJ stocks, taking my 40%+ gains and wait for a dip and rebuy. Knowing my luck, whatever I do, the opposite will happen. Sell now and it skyrockets and never dips back down or I keep them and they drop like a lead balloon and never recover.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Yeah,
I am debating on selling my MJ stocks, taking my 40%+ gains and wait for a dip and rebuy. Knowing my luck, whatever I do, the opposite will happen. Sell now and it skyrockets and never dips back down or I keep them and they drop like a lead balloon and never recover.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,
I dumped all my CRON this morning, I'll continue to hold on to BLOZF for awhile though.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:23:46 PM EDT
[#44]
In times like this a Trailing Stop Quote is your friend.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:27:09 PM EDT
[#45]
SMG is my choice today.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 7:36:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
SMG is my choice today.
View Quote
Not fond of SMG. I think it's good in theory but I imagine that other nutrient suppliers will come along with something newer, better and trendier. Organic etc.....

Also they are involved with Roundup if I remember correctly and there is an avalance of lawsuits waiting to happen.  I'm not sure if that will effect them or not but just posting that I remember something like that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 11:58:46 PM EDT
[#47]
I almost dumped CGC and TLRY for a short sell today. On paper, with the way the provinces are sorting licenses to produce, there is no reason that Any medical marijuana company that had warehouses of greenhouse space in 2016 couldn’t hit it big. Cron, Aphria, Aurora, Hydropothecary, organigram, CannTrust, etc...

My hope is two fold, gain money now and sell, then invest for a full US federal level decriminalization.

I hope we all get wealthy

ETA; Cannabix is out

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cannabis-marijuana-saliva-roadside-test-thc-drager-1.4801147
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Looking at CNBC they are talking about a company TILRAY which I'm not sure I've seen mentioned here yet. It has the highest gains of the year in the MJ industry.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looking at CNBC they are talking about a company TILRAY which I'm not sure I've seen mentioned here yet. It has the highest gains of the year in the MJ industry.
View Quote
I sold TLRY today. At the highest I was up 71%. Sold at 67%. Not bad for 9 days.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 5:17:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I sold TLRY today. At the highest I was up 71%. Sold at 67%. Not bad for 9 days.
View Quote
Nice!!!!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top