Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2015 9:40:11 PM EDT
When my auto insurance company wouldn't insure a salvage title truck an acquaintance referred me to Primerica. Within an half hour they found Progressive for me. So the Primerica guy calls and would like to meet about other things that can be offered.
Will meet with him tomorrow. So what kind of pitch should I expect?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Everything from 'we can provide insurance, stock account/401 management to would you like to be an agent.'
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:01:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I read about the multi level marketing model from Wikipedia.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:38:49 PM EDT
[#3]
lol is all I am going to say about them.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I've been around Primerca people from their beginning, A L Williams. For the most part good people but it can be a lot like Amway, AvoCare, Mary Kay...  Good products but they want you as a salesman under them. Then you can 'hire' salesman under you.  Depending on the agent is how hard of a pitch.  Of your a fast talker , can make cold calls and can sell ice to an Eskimo you'll do well.

7mm
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Please let us know how the meeting goes just out of selfish curiosity...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I've been around Primerca people from their beginning, A L Williams. For the most part good people but it can be a lot like Amway, AvoCare, Mary Kay...  Good products but they want you as a salesman under them. Then you can 'hire' salesman under you.  Depending on the agent is how hard of a pitch.  Of your a fast talker , can make cold calls and can sell ice to an Eskimo you'll do well.

7mm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

7mm

What you just described is the whole thing wrong with the industry.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:44:27 PM EDT
[#7]
/
  |
  |
  |

Which industry?  

7mm
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
When my auto insurance company wouldn't insure a salvage title truck an acquaintance referred me to Primerica. Within an half hour they found Progressive for me. So the Primerica guy calls and would like to meet about other things that can be offered.
Will meet with him tomorrow. So what kind of pitch should I expect?
View Quote

He will try to sell you: Life insurance, homeowners/renters insurance, what ever type insurance they sell. Also investments, annuities, etc.

He will also want to recruit you to work for him. Mainly he will want your list of family, friends and co workers so he can sell stuff to them.

Based on have an across the street neighbor that was a Primerica agent.

Holy hell, dude never never quit bugging me.

He must have been making big money. He built a big assed house on the lake and moved.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:59:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
/
  |
  |
  |

Which industry?  

7mm
View Quote

Financial advisory services.

Does your doctor ask you for referrals? I bet your car salesman does.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:30:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Well I met with the 2 guys in fact. Told them straight out that I had no interest in Life Insurance or selling their product. Wasn't brought up again. Told them I was wanting a financial return on my money. They suggested some funds and helped out on another issue that I should have addressed long ago. No high pressure sales pitch was laid on me. It was a pleasant experience for me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well I met with the 2 guys in fact. Told them straight out that I had no interest in Life Insurance or selling their product. Wasn't brought up again. Told them I was wanting a financial return on my money. They suggested some funds and helped out on another issue that I should have addressed long ago. No high pressure sales pitch was laid on me. It was a pleasant experience for me.
View Quote

What they suggested?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
They recommended a Utility Fund for my IRA. And multipurpose legal service since I need a will.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:29:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They recommended a Utility Fund for my IRA. And multipurpose legal service since I need a will.
View Quote

The franklin templeton?

Interesting single choice. IRA is under 50k I imagine?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top