Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2009 10:45:25 AM EDT
Hey guys,

What do y'all do with your NFA goodies when you deploy?  I'm trying to decide what the best course of action would be for me, I don't particularly want to leave them with my C3 dealer.  In the past with my title one stuff, I've always just left my stuff in the care of a good friend whom I trust (it also helps that he's an LEO), but I imagine that with NFA weapons which technically, only the person named on the Form can possess simply handing them over is not an option.  I've considered either renting a safe deposit box, or locking my NFA items in a small safe and leaving it with my friend.

Anyone else came up with good solutions to this problem?  I suppose it doesn't help that my relatives all live in New Jersey, and most of my Title I firearms not to even begin to mention Title II, are illegal there.  

Thanks,
~Augee
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#1]
have you asked about storing anything in the armory at your base?
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Honestly, if you have a house of your own I'd invest in a quality gun safe.  Something tough and fireproof not one of those piss ant tool box like Stack-On jobs.   I bought a quality one not only for all my weapons but important papers, valuables, etc.  Having your shit locked away safe and secure in your own place is good peace of mind.  

That is if you've got a place and can swing it.  If not, find a buddy you can trust and lock your shit in his safe.  Or buy a safe and lock it up at his place and rent out a closet from him to put it in.  I don't trust the armory on base, one guy I know came back, picked up his AR and the barrel was all rusty.  Yes he did have it oiled up, but it seems their climate control was not the the best.

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:49:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Safety deposit box is your friend.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]

I bought a new safe and installed it at my Fathers house just for this. My toys are sitting there right now.

I'd really be scared to leave anything at a friends house. Sometimes people suprise you and only after the fact you realise that he/she was someone you really didnt know. Even friends of 20 yrs have suprised me at some of the things they do. If you have absolutely no other Family to leave it with then get a safe deposit box and be descreet when taking your items to it.

edit: Dont forget dessicant or at least some sort of moisture control.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a few people on my trust
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:38:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the advice, guys, looks like I've got a couple of options to contemplate.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Air Force Security Forces will store any private firearms anytime in their armory, I used to check them in sometimes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:44:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Air Force Security Forces will store any private firearms anytime in their armory, I used to check them in sometimes.

this was suggest, by me, and discussed already
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top