Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:15:21 PM EDT
Hi..I'm not sure wether this queston was better suited to the "deployed" or " brothers of the sheild" forums so I decided to pose the question in both places. (Dupe Police can KMA) sorry if that's a big no-no.

My brother is UK London MET Police (S.O. armed) He has the oppertunity to go to Iraq or Jordan to help train the Iraq Police. Has anyone got any thoughts or suggestions on this. Comments from anyone who had served there are especialy welcome. His tour is voluntary for 12 months.

Many thanks

Taffy
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 1:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Is this under the CivPol program through DynCorp?  He needs to watch his 6, the Iraqi PD gets hit hard and often, they are favored targets.  You also have to watch the PD themselves, just ask the Brits in Basrah!  CivPol has a high turn over...many LEO's sign up and walk into a whole new world they thought they were ready for and find the actual experiece a bit different from rustling criminals on the streets of the US.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top