Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 2:26:56 PM EDT
Sheesh, I can't remember them playing this terrible since the mid-90s.

Middling first game, lost to Carolina in the second, and now against the Steelers they continue to play like absolute shit. 2 interceptions, 3 fumbles, a missed field goal.

They're lucky to only be losing 10-7 halfway through the 3rd.

A very disappointed long-time Patriots fan here
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm rubbing my Terrible Towel against my naughty bits right now
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 2:43:22 PM EDT
[#2]
It is a crazy sight to behold.

Are the Patriots really this crappy? Or is Pittsburg just playing that good right now? I mean, it's not like they aren't making big plays, just seems like they can't quite pull it together.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 3:07:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is a crazy sight to behold.

Are the Patriots really this crappy? Or is Pittsburg just playing that good right now? I mean, it's not like they aren't making big plays, just seems like they can't quite pull it together.

The Steelers aren't playing too well either, but the Patriots have been completely abysmal. It's an even bigger miracle they're up 17-13 now
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, they may have looked like crap in the first half, but they sure didn't look too shabby in the 4th.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:41:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well, they may have looked like crap in the first half, but they sure didn't look too shabby in the 4th.

Very true. The offensive line finally solidified up and Brady went to old form.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#6]
The Steelers were painful to watch today, we were lucky to still be in the game in the fourth quarter.

the only comforting fact was that we lost to a good team
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Steelers were painful to watch today, we were lucky to still be in the game in the fourth quarter.

It was a pretty painful game throughout. Looks like the Pats just made less mistakes.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It was a pretty painful game throughout. Looks like the Pats just made less mistakes.

I said the same thing to a friend after the game.

We'll see you in the playoffs.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Good, maybe the Jets can get 2 W's in the division off you guys!

Have you lost your mind?

Seriously, it looked to me that while both teams had many mistakes, it seemed that it wasn't so much either team sucked, but more that it was that it was two great teams playing each other, and thus made each other look bad.

The Pats just did what they always do, and that's make readjustments and come up with the big plays when it's do or die. The Pat's haven't necessarily been a showboat team like St. Louis was a few years back. But one way or another they get the job done.

Or maybe I just don't know what the fuck I'm talking about........
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:24:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I said the same thing to a friend after the game.

We'll see you in the playoffs.....

See ya in December for the AFC championship
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top