Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2011 5:55:31 AM EDT
Not a Red Sox fanboy actually a Yankees fan yes you read it right ! I actually feel bad for their manager I think he was a stand up guy. remember he took them to two World Series and actually won them both. A feat they hadn't done once since 1918. And how do they thank him by letting him go after a dismal performance that can happen to anybody. I was happy for them and their fans when they finally won that first World Series after so long, hey don't get me wrong it's nice for Yankees to win 'em most of the time but it gets a little boring if you have no drama. I tell you what when he was hired what were their expectations I'm sure he exceeded them, who ever gets hired in his place will surely have some big shoes to fill.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not a Red Sox fanboy actually a Yankees fan yes you read it right ! I actually feel bad for their manager I think he was a stand up guy. remember he took them to two World Series and actually won them both. A feat they hadn't done once since 1918. And how do they thank him by letting him go after a dismal performance that can happen to anybody. I was happy for them and their fans when they finally won that first World Series after so long, hey don't get me wrong it's nice for Yankees to win 'em most of the time but it gets a little boring if you have no drama. I tell you what when he was hired what were their expectations I'm sure he exceeded them, who ever gets hired in his place will surely have some big shoes to fill.

The expectation was that he would lead the team to a World Series Championship, nothing less would have been acceptable. The year before he was hired was the year of Grady Little and Aaron Fucking Boone. The team he was given was perfectly capable of winning it all, as long as he didn't fuck up.

It reminds me of when Joe Torre left the Yankees, maybe it doesn't feel like the right thing to do, but it will probably work out in the end.

In the end though, the Red Sox have collapsed at the end of the last 3 years. It is the Managers job to fix that, but instead it got worse. Something needed to happen, I don't think Tito was the problem, but he wasn't capable of fixing it. I think more people will be leaving the Red Sox, and you might see some trades that make you scratch your head. Sometimes a great player can be a problem in the clubhouse, and getting a good player who doesn't cause problems is better for the team.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I was a little upset when Buck was fired I thought he was good, but Torre proved he was the MAN. I wasn't too upset when he was let go because they were times when I felt his emotionless stare and decisions just didn't work aside from the fact that he came from the National league but didn't make the team play small ball and let some winnable games just slip away. I like Ozzie in Florida he has guts and isn't afraid to speak his mind, I think he'll probably fit in well down here and eventually fit in New York on the Met's or Yankees someday. I was a big fan of Billy Martin and wish sometimes the Yankees would of given Mattingly a shot.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
You're a little late.  I already Covered this.  But then again I almost posted this in GD.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top