Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 4:51:29 AM EDT
I want to be able to update my PC FROM my Ipod.
Also hate the fact that Itunes has proceses running even if you dont have it running!!!!!!
please save my sanity.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]
You should be able to. Isn't the PC how you got the music onto you iPod in the first place? Can you give an example of something you're *not* able to sync back to the PC?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:34:59 AM EDT
[#2]
You should be able to sync your Ipod in a number of different programs. IIRC you can do it in Windows Media Player, WinAmp, and Realplayer media player.

ETA: I am a retard...disregard....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I refuse to use itunes for anything. Big Brother Apple Sucks. Try Winamp.
It syncs great with my ipod and the basic software is free.
Lots of features  too.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Mediamonkey
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:22:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You should be able to. Isn't the PC how you got the music onto you iPod in the first place? Can you give an example of something you're *not* able to sync back to the PC?

Rip CD's to Itunes on PC
Sync Itunes to Ipod
PC blows up
Get new PC
Install Itunes
Sync with Ipod
Result????
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:29:00 AM EDT
[#6]
it's not possible to take music FROM ipod TO your computer using Itunes due to copyright law.  there is, however, a program called senuti (itunes backwards) that allows this to be done.  i think its for mac only (which sucks btw), so i'm not sure about a program for windows, though i'm sure one exists.

you can use senuti to take the music from your friends ipod and put it on your computer (illegal btw), so be careful!

edit:

google says use this:  sharepod

click here to jump straight to the .zip file download prompt
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#7]
rhythmbox in Linux...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#8]
there are other ways of updating without itunes.. but i though i had the link.. i posted hin arf a wek or so ago..

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:45:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
it's not possible to take music FROM ipod TO your computer using Itunes due to copyright law.  there is, however, a program called senuti (itunes backwards) that allows this to be done.  i think its for mac only (which sucks btw), so i'm not sure about a program for windows, though i'm sure one exists.

you can use senuti to take the music from your friends ipod and put it on your computer (illegal btw), so be careful!

edit:

google says use this:  sharepod

click here to jump straight to the .zip file download prompt

Music that you have purchased through the itunes store can be synced from the iPod back to the computer.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the ideas.
I'm using MS XP OS only.
I dont have any purchases thru Itunes so thats not an issue.

Have downloaded a few programs  / utilities and will post back the results.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top