Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 4:38:19 PM EDT
Just installed Opera (for OS X)

Uhhhh... how do you forward a link (URL) to someone via email? In Firefox you'd go to file>send link but no such animal on Opera.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 6:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Aha! Got it. R-click in the page and select "send link by mail".

http://www.opera.com/support/kb/view/429/

Opera doesn't have a one-step way to e-mail an entire page to someone. There are at least three alternative methods to send a page to someone, though:

Right-click in the page and select "Send link by mail". This will open a compose window, with the URL in the Subject line and mail body.
Right-click in the page and select "Copy address", open a new outgoing e-mail message and enter a recipient. Fill in the subject line, and then paste the page address into the body of the message and add any other comments you want.

Use the File > Save as menu to save the page somewhere convenient. Note that the saved page might not look exactly the way you see it. To include all images and other objects on a page, you should select "Web archive (single file)" in the Save dialog. To send the page or Web archive, open a new outgoing e-mail message and enter a recipient. Fill in the subject line, and add any comments you want in the body of the message, then add the saved HTML page to the message as an attachment.

Another possibility is to simply select the relevant text on the page and copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into your message along with your comments.

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#3]
can you use opera on a pc, firefox sucks as bad as ie ever did.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:44:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Opera is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
i don't understand why opera still exists, its like the little kid in the middle while the big kids play keep away (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc)

i also don't understand (i do, but i digress) why we need the "send link in email" buttons, or "send to cd-rw" buttons... so much work and complexity for something so simple - COPY/PASTE/FINISHED
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Opera is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux

appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 8:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To me it sucks as bad as ie ever did, that's not subject to whether or not you or anyone else agrees.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:35:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i don't understand why opera still exists, its like the little kid in the middle while the big kids play keep away (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc)

i also don't understand (i do, but i digress) why we need the "send link in email" buttons, or "send to cd-rw" buttons... so much work and complexity for something so simple - COPY/PASTE/FINISHED

If you don't understand why opera is still around, you have never tried it.  The mouse gesture shortcuts save a ton of time, and make page navigation a snap.  Sure, you cant "email a webpage" to someone, but who careswhen you can open a new tab with a right click and downstroke of the mouse?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:32:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you don't understand why opera is still around, you have never tried it.  The mouse gesture shortcuts save a ton of time, and make page navigation a snap.  Sure, you cant "email a webpage" to someone, but who careswhen you can open a new tab with a right click and downstroke of the mouse?

i've tried opera out of curiosity more than anything else and found total rendering/browsing speed lacking as well as the UI

http://www.google.com/search?q=firefox+mouse+gestures
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:32:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i've tried opera out of curiosity more than anything else and found total rendering/browsing speed lacking as well as the UI

http://www.google.com/search?q=firefox+mouse+gestures

I have a problem with Opera on my x61s laptop running 8.10 64 bit.  I have no idea why (COULD be a 32 bit opera/64 bit OS conflict, but do not have the depth of knowledge needed to fix it right now...) .  However, at home, on my athlon 5000, 6 gig of ram, 8800gts, msi k9n sli v2 mobo, opera screams.  Therefore, I have given up on making opera work on that laptop for the time being.

Don't give up on Opera yet.  Sure, to go back a page on firefox all you have to do is aim for the little back arrow with your cursor.  Aiming practice is a good thing, right?  However, mouse gestures in opera are lightning fast (On my desktop, NOT the laptop, for some reason...)

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top