Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2006 3:48:33 PM EDT
Since I got this new PC a few months ago, OE will indicate a new message in the system tray.  However, when I open OE, there are not any new messages there.

Do I need to change a setting to correct is or what?

EDIT:

Say, for example, I received 10 messages when I opened OE, but didn't open all the emails, this is when it happens.

I just clicked on an email I received earlier today and the system tray indicator went away.  But, why did it show up in the system tray hours after I received it?????

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:09:39 PM EDT
[#1]
the icon will stay there untill your open OR preview all the messages.   i think i am understanding you right  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:55:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Cruze5, with my old PC, all I had to do is open one new message and the icon would go away.  Maybe this PC has a newer version of OE.

Maybe I'll try a different email program.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 3:14:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The "New" messages are the ones in Bold

Just dig through until you find it. Or select them all and go to edit and mark them as read.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top