Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2004 3:59:12 AM EDT
Hi, I got a good deal on oem samsung dvd player from micro center.  Install went smoothly, video and powerdvd work fine.  I had been using Hercules sound card that worked until install.  I started fidgeting trying to get sound with no luck.  Went back to Microcenter and bought creative labs Sound blaster pci16.  Still no sound after good install.  Have been to Microsoft support and Creative labs support but no luck.  In control panel under sound and audio devices under volume no audio device listed.  Under hardware tab lists sound card ok no conflicts.  I disable onboard sound through bios too.  Help!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Help??
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 12:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Windows should have the built-in drivers for the pci16.
Wierd.
Did you uninstall the hercules drivers?
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 9:59:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes, totally uninstalled.  Just for kicks I totally removed Creative labs card so I only had on-board sound.  I went to Bios and renabled on board, re-installed drivers and no sound.   Device manager shows onboard sound no conflicts but under Sounds and audio devices nothing listed in volume section.  It is a piece of sh#t Compaq desktop.  I am going to build my own soon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top