Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2020 12:13:08 PM EDT
What VR headset is worth buying right now. I am not interested in Oculus because they’re owned by Facebook. What are other affordable options? It has to work with a PC.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Valve index seems to be the top dog.
But its $1k and months of waiting.

Really the new Facebook one is the best for the $ but like you mentioned its has to be tied to a good standing Facebook account.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 3:08:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I started out with the pre-order HTC Vive back in 2016 and it was fantastic. They are still sold for about $500, IIRC. I upgraded to the Valve Index which is awesome, although pricey.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a rift S right before the facebook requirement, for the prices its pretty amazing. Maybe find a used Rift S and just make a occulous account?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top