Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2015 1:41:22 PM EDT
So I usually love my Iphone, but not a fan of intrusive Apple updates such as when I got a "gift" album of U2 automatically and had to go remove it.

Anyway, also seems with one of these latest updates - a change to how your Iphone stores your photos.

Usually I could plug in to my PC, then just click on the DCIM folder, and all my pics and videos were there.

Now in that DCIM folder is a whole bunch of littler folders that have some of my folders in them but none of my latest photos or movies I took.  I can go to Photos on the Iphone itself, and see them all, with no change there,  but can't find them on the PC plugged iphone.  When I go to properties of that DCIM folder on the Iphone, it says I only have 2 gig of photos, and I really have at least 8 or so.

Anyone else have this happen or know a solution?

ETA:    
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6585223

This thread here shows exactly what is happening.  It seems that all these files marked "Local Disk" and are only 700 or so bytes, are ghosts for the actual photos that I can see on the phone and but not on the PC.  Not seeing a solution though.  Seems like a conflict between Windows 7 and IOS 8?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top