Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2010 12:34:46 PM EDT
I need to learn this thing, from the warehouse end to where ever. This way I can try and get either a better job @ work. Or a new job.

Thing is, where I work, getting training of any kind is wishful thinking. I guess everyone is worried they'll be replaced.

So any books or programs you guys can suggest?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
It depends what you are specifically looking to learn.  SAP is a HUGE ASS system and not all companies implement all modules.

I have recently been working a lot with the SAP Portal, BusinessObjects Enterprise integration, and Open Text integration for document imaging.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It depends what you are specifically looking to learn.  SAP is a HUGE ASS system and not all companies implement all modules.

I have recently been working a lot with the SAP Portal, BusinessObjects Enterprise integration, and Open Text integration for document imaging.

crap. I'm guessing they wont be in any rush to tell me that either...lol

thanks
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#3]
There is some free online training, but I don't know about the quality.  Google is your friend.  

All ERP software is huge from what I've seen, and really learning it is a big undertaking.  You could take some training classes but be aware they are expensive.  The classes I took for JD Edwards were upwards of $15k by the time I was done.  And I didn't take anywhere near all of them.  

Also if you're going to make the big bucks with ERP software you're going to have to get on with a consultant like PWC and travel all the time.  Really good money but the lifestyle gets old, or so they told me.  But those people on implementation teams make big money.  Or at least they did when I worked with some of them at a previous job.  That was about 8 years ago.

ps - SAP is notorious for being a convoluted mess that is hard to understand.  I took a training class with another administrator that worked for a company that implement SAP and gave up on it.  I don't know how much it cost them but it must have been a hell of a lot of money and they still said fuck it and went with something else.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2010 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top