Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2018 7:36:23 PM EDT
Anyone familiar with Affinity Photo or Designer? For the price it looks like a nice substitute for personal Photoshop & Illustrator, and hopefully easier to use / has a less Amiga-like interface than GIMP.
They say the sale ends tomorrow ($35 each instead of $50) - not sure if that means it is over when the calendar turns to 7/25 or if tomorrow is the last day of validity...

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/27/2018 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of it.
View Quote
Me either. I’m sticking with my tried-and-true Adobe apps.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I downloaded the trial, and played with it a little.  I read quite a bit about it and looked into it, and it's supposed to be pretty good.  Something didn't quite jive at first (just with me using the software, nothing in particular), and I'm actually using Skylum Luminar instead.  It's pretty solid, though I'm sure Lightroom is much better and I'll jump on that bandwagon again one of these days soon.
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I needed to do some quick croppinng & minor adjustments, so I downloaded GIMP. (my, but it's a tiny download) The current version has a flavor much like Photoshop, and it only took a few minutes for me to do what I needed.

Then I found the free(?) Photoshop Express on the computer. I don't like it at all.

They seem to still be running the special on Affinity. I may or may not bother downloading their demo. Hmmm... does GIMP do vector graphics? If so, I'm not sure I need anything commercial.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 12:22:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm by no means a graphic designer but I've used both Photoshop and affinity lightly and Affinity does a hell of a lot of stuff for the money. It's a very good investment.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top