Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2016 1:12:59 PM EDT
D3300

Stick with Nikon brand,....or Watson, amazon junk, etc. ?

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I only buy factory. I have a Watson something-or-other because it came free with something else I bought. Battery grip maybe?

I've been hearing rumors of third party batteries having charging issues, and a firmware update could render them useless anyway.

Mine works well enough though.

My D7200 has 3 batteries on constant rotation. Camera's set to use the one in the grip first, so it is usually that one that gets swapped out but I occasionally run the camera without the grip so that battery gets rotated around as well.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I use two Nikon batteries on rotation in my D3100 and now my D7100.

Never thought about going aftermarket.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Factory only here.

Cheap third party batteries are going to crap out on you at the worst possible time, if they work at all.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Cool

thanks for all the replies

I'll ask Mrs. Santa

Birthday is next month

Link Posted: 2/15/2016 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a several Watson's and 2 Nikons.  They are the same age and get rotated.  I see no difference in quality/time/number of shots and the Watson's were much cheaper.  I have been buying them for extras.  Running them in a 5200 and a 3300.
Link Posted: 2/15/2016 10:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Going with the flow on this one. Bought one aftermarket, worked ok, would not work in my factory battery grip. Wont buy another.
Link Posted: 2/20/2016 2:46:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Less issues with factory batteries.
Link Posted: 2/22/2016 9:39:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I've a Nikon D5200 & D7100. I have tried many kinds of batteries besides Nikon. One battery that found was pretty good was Green Extreme from Adorama. Compare the prices, I saved ~$10/battery over the Nikon, it last almost as long, but nto quite. I shoot stuff that is not that important, so if a battery fails it is no big deal. BUT if it is something important, I would use my Nikons 1st, but then the trick is to have plenty of backup batters, just in case.
BTW my Nikon batteris carry a UL-label, and the others no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top