Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 4:43:59 PM EDT
well the playstation 3 slim is being solf for 269.99 at dell right now with free shipping. but they are currently on back order but this is a good deal.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 6:14:05 PM EDT
[#1]
wish I had the funds right now.

I've all but decided on the PS3 over the 360.  Waited it out long enough to see what would happen with both systems.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:54:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:22:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Does the PS3 Slim have the Blueray player?

ETA I see it does, but its up to $299.99

yeah, only drawback I've heard about it, is the backwards compatibility for PS2 games is gone.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:56:25 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yeah, only drawback I've heard about it, is the backwards compatibility for PS2 games is gone.

And does anyone play PS2 games that doesn't still have a PS2 laying around?

Good riddance I say, Sony did the same to the PS2 when they made it cheaper and smaller.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good riddance I say, Sony did the same to the PS2 when they made it cheaper and smaller.

Yeah I don't have a PS2 but I love a few PS2 games that could be probably had in the used bin for a few bucks.

But I don't plan on buying a PS3 to play PS2 games so that problem is solved.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:39:22 PM EDT
[#6]
If you want to play PS2 games, just get a 60GB launch PS3 that's been properly taken care of off of eBay. Probably be about as much as a Slim or maybe a little less.

My 60GB is the shit. Plays 97% of PS1 and PS2 games, plus PS3 games, and has the card readers and four USB ports and the ability to install a guest OS.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:27:56 PM EDT
[#7]
they are selling them for 269.99 again.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Removing b/c....whether the hardware compatibility of the first units or the software compatibility of the 80GB...wasn't about making it cheaper, it was about trying to force migration from PS2 games. I've clocked more time with PS2 games (Sniper Elite, MGS3, Front Mission 4, ect) than PS3 games on my 60GB...if they had launched the PS3 without b/c I probably would have bought a XB360 Elite then instead of later.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:00:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:

People like to bitch about the lack of BC, and I bet most of them would never use it if they had it. The only ps2 game I played since I my PS3 was San Andreas because I missed it when I realized how lacking GTAIV was.  With my 360 I've never gone back to play an old xbox game.

Dell does the 10-15% off thing frequently for ps3, 360 and wii that with  Bing cashback FTW.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top