Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2009 10:11:22 AM EDT

From

this page:

Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 is almost here

After nearly a year of development and three public beta tests Battlefield 2 v1.50 is ready for release.
The update will be released on Tuesday 1st September at 5pm UK, 6pm Europe.
As part of Update 1.50 we are glad to announce that not only is Highway
Tampa now a required install included in the update but Euro Forces
(Great Wall, Taraba Quarry and Operation Smoke Screen) and Armored Fury
(Midnight Sun, Operation Harvest and Operation Road Rage) is now FREE
for all Battlefield 2 players. Including the brand new map, Operation
Blue Pearl this brings EIGHT new maps that everyone can play and will be added to ranked Battlefield 2 servers world wide.
The Booster Pack content is included in the update and has made the file just over 2Gb in size.

Server providers around the world will have access to the client
file so find your closest host for best download speeds. To install
Battlefield 2 Update v1.50 you must have Battlefield 2 updated to
version 1.41 or Battlefield 2 Complete Collection from EA Store
installed. Thank you to all of the EAUK Forums (http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-2/) members who have given feedback and requests during the development of this update.
The full change log for Update 1.50 is as follows:

- Additional support for Windows Vista.- Changes made to both the J10 and F35B to make them more balanced.- Fixed the issue where picking up a players kit would cause CTD
- Added Highway Tampa as a required map.- AA targeting tweaked to make it more effective.- Updated BF2OpenAL.dll from version 1.1.1.0 to version 2.1.8.1
- Added a new map called Operation Blue Pearl.- Added checks to prevent "runway grieving".- Updated ch_gas_station collision mesh on Dragon Valley to be consistent with other gas station buildings
- Added Euro Force and Armored Fury as free to play content for all Battlefield 2 players.- Various changes made to prevent cheating.- Fixed the issue where MEC artillery piece on Operation Clean
Sweep changes to the USMC's control when they capture the Airfield flag
- Added Widescreen support- Tweaked the hit detection, hits will be more accurate to the model.- Updated the Challenger2 HUD to show the correct icon instead of the M1A2 HUD icon
- Allowed BF2.exe to use more than 2Gb RAM- Occasional connection drops after being on a server a couple of minutes - Fixed- Changed a PLA FAV to MEC FAV on Road to Jalalabad
- Added support for the Novint Falcon controller (http://www.novint.com).- Prevented use of mouse wheel to provide speed boost to vehicles- Tweaked the artillery respawn time on Dragon Valley for to 360 seconds as other artillery uses

- Prevented use of mouse wheel to exploit parachutes- Included a delay after weapon switch for the Bizon (PP-19) to 0.666

- Players can now pass claymores by going prone- Updated the F35B's lock delay to 1 second instead of 1.5 seconds to match other aircraft

- Update the HUD on TV Guided missiles to increase visibility on maps like Dragon Valley- Changed the Humvee camo on Taraba Quarry to be the correct design

- Added Battlefield 2142 style prone deviation (going prone will now cause reduced accuracy for a brief period)- Increased the splash damage of the UH-60 (Black Hawk) guns from 0.25 to 1.5

- Updated the G36E HUD to react the same as other weapons during sprint

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Downloading now
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 12:10:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Awesome update from what I'm reading.

I know I'll miss claymores being unstoppable killing machines though.

ETA:

Widescreen support: AWESOME
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 1:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
damn it is sooooo slow
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 1:58:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Awesome patch, same old shitty players. I remembered how much I missed BF2 once I saw the first massive teamkill of 5 guys over a helicopter...
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 2:00:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Uh, oh.

Just finished downloading it and tried installing it.

"You already have a newer version installed."

OS is Windows 7 RC Build 7100 64 bit.

Current patch of BF2 is 1.1.

I'll try installing 1.41 and get back to you.

ETA:

Guess it's an incremental patch. Worked after I installed 1.41
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 2:50:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Uh, oh.

Just finished downloading it and tried installing it.

"You already have a newer version installed."

OS is Windows 7 RC Build 7100 64 bit.

Current patch of BF2 is 1.1.

I'll try installing 1.41 and get back to you.

ETA:

Guess it's an incremental patch. Worked after I installed 1.41

i'm confused? i am 99% sure i have the 1.41 patch, so if i don't i assume i need to install it and then 1.5?

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes it is an incremental patch. You must have 1.41 installed then run the 1.5 patch.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#8]
SHIT!

Well there goes my whole week

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:32:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Yes it is an incremental patch. You must have 1.41 installed then run the 1.5 patch.

maybe it's a glitch, but on the upper right hand corner, my BF2 main screen shows 1.1.2965 - is that my version? WTF?

i swore i always been upgrading when new patches come out.

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe it's a glitch, but on the upper right hand corner, my BF2 main screen shows 1.1.2965 - is that my version? WTF?

I guess you're still at 1.1

Now in 1.5 it says the version at the bottom bar next to the "Play Now" button.

And yes, you'll need to have 1.41 installed to upgrade to 1.5
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

i did remember having issues installing 1.41 - is there any special procedure in doing it? i assume it's like any patch upgrade?

i assume going from 1.1.2 to 1.41 is not incremental? so i don't need 1.2, 1.3 etc?

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

i did remember having issues installing 1.41 - is there any special procedure in doing it? i assume it's like any patch upgrade?

i assume going from 1.1.2 to 1.41 is not incremental? so i don't need 1.2, 1.3 etc?

Depends if you got the incremental version of 1.41.

If you still have it lying around, and it's about 600 MB, try installing it again.  Then if you DO have the incremental version, either find 1.4 or download the full 1.41.
Link Posted: 9/2/2009 9:10:41 AM EDT
[#13]
i downloaded the 1.41 which is 536 MB and then i also downloaded 1.5, but when it was 99% it failed

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i downloaded the 1.41 which is 536 MB and then i also downloaded 1.5, but when it was 99% it failed

Knowing that it's 1.93GB...ouch.

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 12:35:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends if you got the incremental version of 1.41.

If you still have it lying around, and it's about 600 MB, try installing it again.  Then if you DO have the incremental version, either find 1.4 or download the full 1.41.

success! the graphics are so much better since it supports widescreen and the new maps are pretty cool!

is it just me or does the sounds in the game sound like it's in the bathroom, it's kind a tinny

Link Posted: 9/2/2009 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#16]
I would highly recomend that all of you who had any issues what so ever with this install do a complete re-install. any issues now have a 99% of magnifying themselves down the road, as BF2 is NOTORIOUS for issues... especially if you plan on adding any mods.

I strongly suggest you all do the following:

Uninstall Game

Delete BF 2 Profiles in My Documents/Battlefield 2 (delete whole BF2 folder) (this will do nothing to your profiles! they are stored online)

Download FULL 1.41

Download FULL 1.50

Restart PC

Install BF2

Restart PC

Install 1.41

Restart PC

Install 1.50

Restart PC

Install Mods

Restart PC

Install 1.50 AGAIN

Restart PC

And you're good. Honestly, BF2 has issues with not deleting older versions of files that were patched unless you restart after every step. BF2 installs suck!

Take my advice if you have had any problems.
Link Posted: 9/3/2009 3:21:38 PM EDT
[#17]
CRAP!! I knew i was forgetting something. Guess I'll dl it tonight.
Link Posted: 9/4/2009 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm holding off on 1.5 until Project Reality 0.87 is released.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:11:37 AM EDT
[#19]
This patch has been awesome!

I do have to say, they weakened the shit out of the A10 and it's near worthless. Don't bother with the main gun unless it's a jeep... just keep dropping bombs

The Loach is BADASS! Lil weak, but man you can tear up infantry like no other!

The new maps have really got me into it again tho. Been playin alot on Terd Fergusson's if anyone else is lookin for a decent server
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:23:24 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

The new maps have really got me into it again

Same here.  It's like getting a whole new game.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 11:34:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm having to relearn pretty much everything.

But I am digging the nerfing to aircraft.  I can finally play without being constantly molested by strafing runs, bombs, and getting "run" over.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 2:23:30 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I am digging the nerfing to aircraft.  I can finally play without being constantly molested by strafing runs, bombs, and getting "run" over.
please explain?

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 3:02:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

please explain?

Just my game experience.  Either they made the aircraft more vulnerable, or made the targeting and some weapons weaker.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 3:37:35 PM EDT
[#24]
I like free stuff, but I'm not going back to battlefield 2. Its way too buggy, laggy, and the hit detection is god awful. most weapons are piss poor accurate after 25 yards due to the way the game code is. ( It coded not to shoot where your reticule is at, but rather randomly spray bullets around the general area of your aim point). here's hoping battlefield 3 will revive the series. (assuming there will be a battlefield 3.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I like free stuff, but I'm not going back to battlefield 2. Its way too buggy, laggy, and the hit detection is god awful. most weapons are piss poor accurate after 25 yards due to the way the game code is. ( It coded not to shoot where your reticule is at, but rather randomly spray bullets around the general area of your aim point). here's hoping battlefield 3 will revive the series. (assuming there will be a battlefield 3.)

Hit detection was fixed a little bit, I don't know of any bugs, and lag isn't really the games problem, but the rest of what you mention are what make the game.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hit detection was fixed a little bit, I don't know of any bugs, and lag isn't really the games problem, but the rest of what you mention are what make the game.

I didn't know that not being able to hit anything with an M-16 past 25 yards is what makes the game. As for bugs, the game crashes, a lot. (they might have fixed that, but I doubt it.)
If you enjoy it, that is your prerogative. I'm not trying to start a fight, and I really tried to like this game. I just can't enjoy it though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 10:25:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Reinstalled BF2 and downloaded the new Forgotten Hope. hope its worth it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 7:28:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

As for bugs, the game crashes, a lot.

It must be your system.  The game has been rock solid for years for me.

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#29]
No, at one time, one of the patches they released was causing wide spread crashes. Granted, I haven't touched  the game in 2-3 year. I figured that they would have fixed it by now.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Best BF2 mod is here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 8:00:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Best BF2 mod is here.

That would be correct!!

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#32]
I got the patch, installed it and it does nothing but CTD, I click join server and it will CTD....when I do get in a game, I'll be playing and out of no-where CTD. It ran fine before the patch, didn't have these issues and apparently there's a lot of folks experiencing this.

I was playing the game the other night and it didn't do this once.    I tried playing tonight and got the same results, CTD. I've been over to the forums at EA and so far there is no response from anybody on whether or not they even acknowledge that there's a problem.

Vista x64 Home Premium
AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core 6000+
4 Gb Corsair XMS C4
2x 8800 GTS 512 (SLi)
X-Fi Sound Card
DFI Lan Party M.B.

Nothing is over-clocked.

ETA: I failed to mention that I have BF2 on my other machine, almost the same hardware as the above, except I'm running XP Pro and it doesn't give me any issues at all, guess it's just Vista x64.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top