Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 6:35:28 AM EDT

Twice in 2 years. I'm about ready to throw this POS in the trash and go another route. I been thinking about getting a blu-ray player anyway. Maybe I'll just go ahead & get a PS3 and be done with this shit.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
That does suck.  I still wouldn't get a PS3 though.  I just don't like 'em.

-Mark.

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 11:35:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:32:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Go for it. My PS3 just got back from Sony.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:23:22 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Rather be a part of the <3% failure rate than the 301% failure rate though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My 360 must got some sort of protection spell cast on it because it is two years old and no RRoD.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My 360 must got some sort of protection spell cast on it because it is two years old and no RRoD.....

Keep going strong! My drive died after 3 months, but I have bad luck, so it's understandable...lol
Link Posted: 7/25/2008 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Mine is still going strong after a year and several hours a day on it. With a few 24+ hour strait runs for gta4 cod4 and halo 3 release's.
Link Posted: 7/29/2008 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People make such a big deal about the failure rate.

Like they cant handle not having their 360 for 2 weeks out of the chances of it RROD'ing.

I'd rather stick with the failure rate, take 2 weeks away from gaming, than buy a Ps3. The Failure isnt a big deal, its all about what games you would rather play7.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like they cant handle not having their 360 for 2 weeks out of the chances of it RROD'ing.

I'd rather stick with the failure rate, take 2 weeks away from gaming, than buy a Ps3. The Failure isnt a big deal, its all about what games you would rather play7.

You're right, I can't handle paying 400 bucks to see it die in a few months when it should have been handled from the get-go.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 2:31:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're right, I can't handle paying 400 bucks to see it die in a few months when it should have been handled from the get-go.

You mean as opposed to paying $600 and having to wait 2 years for any decent game to come out for your system?
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You mean as opposed to paying $600 and having to wait 2 years for any decent game to come out for your system?

Yea, I hated playing Uncharted, Warhawk, and Resistance last year...and I'm definitely going to hate SOCOM, LittleBigPlanet, and Resistance 2 later this year.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 6:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea, I hated playing Uncharted, Warhawk, and Resistance last year...and I'm definitely going to hate SOCOM, LittleBigPlanet, and Resistance 2 later this year.

Im just making a point - Dont decide NOT to buy a 360 b.c the failure rate.

Make your decisions based on the games. You want to play the Playstation style games - Go for the PS3, want to play 360 style games buy a 360. And There IS a difference in style of the game.

I can handle 2 weeks of wait time during 2 years in order to play my 360.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 7:35:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Resistance wasn't all that great, a solid meh at best. And those other two came out a year after the PS3 had been out, so you kinda proved my point.

I've never been fond of the SOCOM series for that matter either.
Link Posted: 7/30/2008 10:23:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Resistance wasn't all that great, a solid meh at best. And those other two came out a year after the PS3 had been out, so you kinda proved my point.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747459p1.html

First year is rough for any console, is it not?
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/747/747459p1.html

First year is rough for any console, is it not?

ding ding ding.  

ps3 lovers vs 360 lovers, cant we all just get along

- - - - - - - - - - - thread over - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 2:33:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Once you go black, you never go back.

Quoted:

Unlike the 360, which had... er, no good games until Gears of War, a full year after launch, right?

At least the PS3 launched with a popular title (you may call Resistance meh, but it's still knocking on 3 million sales' door), and quickly followed up with a smash hit 5 months later (Motorstorm).
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 2:38:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Only people that have had problems with the PS3 that I know of are people that play while it's on its side.
Link Posted: 7/31/2008 4:25:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Once you go black, you never go back.

Quoted:

Unlike the 360, which had... er, no good games until Gears of War, a full year after launch, right?

At least the PS3 launched with a popular title (you may call Resistance meh, but it's still knocking on 3 million sales' door), and quickly followed up with a smash hit 5 months later (Motorstorm).

Haha, yeah. The 360's big launch title was what? Halo 2? Which was equally meh, I'll agree. Just to me, it seems like the 360 has had a lot more badass games, while my buddy with a PS3 only has a few we've really enjoyed. There are definitely a lot of sweet games coming out for the PS3 now, just saying it seems like it took a while for the PS3's game developers to get into full swing.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm on my 4th referbish and still loving it. Cant wait for the new version of live. Sounds cool.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 9:50:08 AM EDT
[#21]
neither of the PS3's in my house have konked out... btw, gundam dynasty warriors ftw.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Wow, sorry to hear that.
I've still got the first one I bought back from April of '06. No problems at all.
I keep it well ventilated, and got a small fan that I let blow into it to help circulate more air into it.

But I bought a PS3 to play as well any way just in case.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 5:37:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I am still on my original 360 and that is with a lot of hard hours on it.  I will consider a ps3 when they get any exclusive titles i am interested in besides metal gear solid. Until then it is just a blue ray player with optional gaming feature.
Link Posted: 8/6/2008 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 10:37:43 AM EDT
[#25]
My Wii works great.

I've had to replace 3 broken controllers. Stupid drunken wii tennis........
Link Posted: 8/7/2008 7:49:43 PM EDT
[#26]
your 360 needs room to vent...

i set mine up on my floor longways up with the hard drive pointing at the ceiling and give it room to breathe because the RRoD comes from when you over work it and it over heats
Link Posted: 8/8/2008 11:48:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Actually they told me the rrod was a hardware failure.  Two red lights on the left side of the box is overheating.  Ask me how I know.  They are shipping me a new box now.  My console will not even make it through a game of NCAA '08.  I will not even try GTA because I don't want to be in the middle of a mission and the console shut down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top