Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2005 1:21:38 PM EDT
Anyone else have any purple hearts or have I just been lucky. Got 2 last night and now have 3.

How many do you have?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in a game today when Redhorse got his first :)

Was pretty funny to hear him start sweating it towards the end of the map, "I better hurry and get some kills or I am gonna get the damn purple heart".

Still haven't gotten mine yet.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#2]
yea, got my first today. You don't want that medal! It's not a good medal to have.

If you reach 20 deaths, beore you killed 5 other players... you get the Purple Heart medal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:55:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Just one. Two of my buddies got their firsts tonight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:02:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the drum tap twice last night and the purple heart medal showed up on the screen but still only showing the original one with x1 beside it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Anyone else have any purple hearts or have I just been lucky. Got 2 last night and now have 3.

Quoted:
If you reach 20 deaths, beore you killed 5 other players... you get the Purple Heart medal.

HAHA!!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

[Nelson]HAHA!![/Nelson]

Fixed it for you
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Well after 1,200 games played and 9,000+ kills (+1,600 kill assists)....I finally had a bad game.

Our side wasn't doing as well this round, and I was aggresively trying to cap some flags for our side by myself. The other side had a large group of clan members working great together.  Although two of ther Klan members were on our side, they had about a half dozen + on the other side. There wasn't too many players on this server. So, the small number of Klan members on the other team, made a pretty big impact. We actually did fairly well the other rounds, winning more than losing. Actually we won the round that I got the PH.

Armor, Arty and a good enemy Helo pilot kept killing me as soon as one of their flags turned nuetral. Time and time again they killed me, before I could raise the flag 100%. The enemy Helo pilot was quick to assault & retake the flag and also the enemy Commander was quick with the Arty.

What I didn't understand about the PH... that as soon as you reached your 20th deaths, and before you reach 6 kills... you get the Purple Heart. I thought it was calculated at the end of the round. NOPE!  I finished the round with over 5 kills and thought I was safe. Nope I still got the PH. I was under 5 kills (I only had 4 kills), by the time I was killed for the 20th time. What really sucks, was that I think at least three of my deaths were the result of team kills.

The only thing that will save you, is if you disconnect from the server, before getting killed for the 20th time. That is IF you haven't reached 6 kills, before the 20th kill.

Purple Heart = 5 or less kills, by the time you are killed the 20th time in the same round..

So, if you have LESS than 6 kills and you've already been killed 19 times... I would make sure you get at LEAST a 6th kill, before you get yoursel killed for the 20th time in the same round or leave the server if you don't want a Purple Heart.

My primary mission in BF2 is to cap enemy flags & protect our flags, that's what I get the most satisaction from. High enemy kills is nice, but it is only 2nd on my priority list and my stats reflect that. I'd rather quickly fight my way through the enemy swarms or go around them to cap their flags. Rather than duke it out at the frontlines for the whole round for high enemy kills and not cap flags.

Flag Captures = 3059
Flag Capture Assists =1553
Flag Defends = 791
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 4:49:56 AM EDT
[#8]
NOPE!!!!!!!!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top