Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
I play all of the types exept for medic. Wich 1st weapon do you think is the most usefull?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:18:06 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I play all of the types exept for medic. Wich 1st weapon do you think is the most usefull?

I like the G36 for accuracy. But I play anti-tank most of the time and would probably be using the DAO-12 more if I unlocked that one. I've been lit up many of times by that thing!
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 8:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the G36 for accuracy. But I play anti-tank most of the time and would probably be using the DAO-12 more if I unlocked that one. I've been lit up many of times by that thing!

yeah, no kidding.  That DAO-12 has gotten me more than a few times.

I too like the G26 for its accuracy, and I get many more kills with it than I ever did with the m4.

My first unlock was the M95 sniper rifle.  The rifle is OK, just way too unrealistic.  It does the same amount of damage as the other US sniper rifle on humans, but the only added ability is to take out the pilots and passengers of helicopters.  I just think that they need to tweak that rifle a bit - its kinda wrong to have to shoot a single person three times in the chest with a 50 cal to drop him.

Too bad you didnt play the medic, because I am loving the L85a1.  The best unlockable weapon I think.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:39:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

All of the unlocks are better than origianl, except the G3.  No way in hell I would lose the grenade launcher for a G3.

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 10:55:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Everyone plays a little differently and as you gain experience you may change how you play. These are what my opinions are of the unlockable weapons. In no particular order.

SNIPER = M95 - Not much of a sniper type player, so I haven't unlocked it. Way under powered for use against soldiers (same damage as the M24). It's nice that you can take pilots out through the cockpit windows.

Assualt = G3 - I really like playing as Assault, but losing the gernade launcher & smaller mag capacity makes this a big negative for me. Has pretty good damage and works better in semi-auto mode at the med/long ranges.

Special Ops = G36C - Nice unlock. But, not enough of an upgrade over the M4 to warrant unlocking for me, yet... You loose the red dot sights, but you get used to the iron sights.

What I have unlocked thus far:

Medic = L85A1 - I like it as an unlock. Works very good as a counter sniper weapon or taking out soldiers at intermediate/long ranges. Works best in semi-auto mode, get lousy accuracy in full auto mode. Short burst works better than unloading a full mag at once at close ranges.

Supply = PKM - Pretty powerful, but I'm disappointed in the accuracy in ALL the belt feds when shooting in long bursts. Short burst are much more effective, when trying to pick soldiers off. I like using it against Helos & unarmored vehicles.

Anti-tank = DOA-12 - Awesome at close ranges. You can easily mow down 2 (maybe 3)  players at once in close combat with some practice and proper aiming. But, you have to watch out for the long reload times.

Engineer = Mk3A1 Jackhammer - Powerful full-auto shotgun. Great for close combat. But, you run out of ammo very very fast, before you have to reload. You better pray that you don't run into more than one guy at a time.

WEAPON UNLOCK Info: ubar.bf2s.com/unlocks.php

Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#5]
When can some of these things get unlocked? I've just been dinking around, but I have got a few medals and promotions but I haven't seen anything about unlocking stuff.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 11:16:22 AM EDT
[#6]
You have to play online on RANKED servers to earn points. When you earn enough points you get to unlock a weapon.

1st unlock is @ 1K, 2nd @ 10,500K, 3rd @ 25K, and so on....50K, 75K, 150K...

On online servers, you can often find these weapons lying around after someone is killed. You can pick them up and try them out, to see if you like them. First impressions aren't always right. You just have to get used to some of them to see what they are really like. Some of the ones I disliked at first are now my favorites. Some of the ones I liked at first are my least played weapons.

In single player mode, you can edit one of the BF2 system file to unlock all the weapons... so you can try them out yourself.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:54:32 AM EDT
[#7]
They all seem pretty balanced to me... which isn't unlike many other games like Raven Shield.

Shot placement is key (not sure if that is the case with BF2).
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They all seem pretty balanced to me... which isn't unlike many other games like Raven Shield.

Shot placement is key (not sure if that is the case with BF2).

Somewhat true in BF2.  Not sure how the armor works on some soldiers like Assault class.  I know I've shot some people with my sidearm 9 times point blank only for them to live....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:44:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I've enjoyed the medic's SA80. Nice scope on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Do they have a decent scatter gun in BF2?
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
You have to play online on RANKED servers to earn points. When you earn enough points you get to unlock a weapon.

1st unlock is @ 1K, 2nd @ 10,500K, 3rd @ 25K, and so on....50K, 75K, 150K...

On online servers, you can often find these weapons lying around after someone is killed. You can pick them up and try them out, to see if you like them. First impressions aren't always right. You just have to get used to some of them to see what they are really like. Some of the ones I disliked at first are now my favorites. Some of the ones I liked at first are my least played weapons.

In single player mode, you can edit one of the BF2 system file to unlock all the weapons... so you can try them out yourself.

your kidding right.  you have to get to 10,500 to get to unlock the second weapons . THAT's NUTS

what ip do you guys play on.  I want to join up
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:51:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
your kidding right.  you have to get to 10,500 to get to unlock the second weapons . THAT's NUTS

what ip do you guys play on.  I want to join up

We don't particularly stay at one server all the time. We move around depending on the servers: maps being played/ lag free/ and open slots for friends.. etc.. When we find a good server, we generally stay there for the remaining of the evening.

Just keep an eye out for us on Xfire, it will show the IP address of the servers that we're on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree, it sucks having to unlock weapons! Just give us the weapons and play, I can't spend forever online I have a life! arrrgh sorry, but as usual they set these games up for people the can devote 2-3 hours a day instead of a 1-2 hours a week. at this rate I'll be here till next year... Rant off.....ahhhh much bettter...
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Well now I got to play it more
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:31:17 PM EDT
[#15]
The next comming patch is RUMORED to change the promotion points.

It is supposed to lower the points required to get your next promotion & unlocks.

Patch 1.1 (formerly known as 1.03) is supposed to come out late Sept/ early Oct. It's supposed to fix a few bugs, improved server browser, and balance the game even more.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:43:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The next comming patch is RUMORED to change the promotion points.

It is supposed to lower the points required to get your next promotion & unlocks.

Patch 1.1 (formerly known as 1.03) is supposed to come out late Sept/ early Oct. It's supposed to fix a few bugs, improved server browser, and balance the game even more.

Last time EA changed the Balance in BFV, it totally screwed up the game.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#17]
EA have always been complete bastards about locked game content and their "Challenge Everything!" motto is the height of hypocrisy.

That being said, I must add to the DAQ-12's praise. I play anti-armor almost exclusively so unlocking anything else would have been a waste. I'm also a lousy hipshot but the first few close quarter skirmishes with the DAQ went very well in my favor.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Well now I got to play it more

Hey Taxman, good to see you back. You all moved? Anyway hope you are online to play BF2.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 5:28:40 AM EDT
[#19]
I got the L85 for my first unlock.

Its not bad.  I do like the 4 power scope, but it is pretty hard to hit a target with it past 100 yds.  (Lousy EA making guns waay to inaccurate. . . .)
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:20:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Im I the only one that thinks that wth weapon accuracy in this game is ridiculous? I can understand how firing in full auto will certianly lower your accuracy but even single well aimed shots and short burts  rarely hit what your aiming at. Its been my experience that it takes about half a magazine to kill an enemy that ive had lined in my sights the whole time. This and the almost allways laggy online play are the only fualts i can find in this game, I  wish they would be imporved.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#21]
I unlocked the M95 and have been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:03:14 PM EDT
[#22]
C'mon now, really... how big a pussy do you have to be to just sit there and call artillery? It makes Counter-Strike AWP whoring look almost respectable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top