Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 9:08:24 AM EDT
Good expansion, good action...but...all the Mosins had bent bolt handles.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 7:55:16 AM EDT
[#1]

I noticed this as well.  Still an AWESOME game.  One of the best if not the best WWII FPS IMHO
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Agreed it's probably the best WW2 FPS I've played.  I've been playing Halo Race online and getting too wound up about campers lately, so I just played on greenhorn all the way through.  Just wanted an easy run through the game.  Even on greenhorn, not easy.  I died several times.  The Kharkov train station kicked my ass over and over until I found all the health under the canopy thing.
I really liked how it did not start slow.  You jump right into the action and start shooting, riding, running MG's, blowing up tanks.
I wonder if they created the 3d model for the Mosin sniper rifle, then just used the same bolt for the standard Mosin.  These people should hire me on as a firearms realism consultant!
The other thing I noticed was at the very beginning of the game, there is a militaria background that you see while loading.  It has a part of a Thompson showing in it.  You can see the end of the word "Ordnance" and the place of manufacture.  Made me wonder if it's one of those Auto Ordnance guns.  Aren't those fairly recent copies of the Thompson?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Good question.  I'm not up on my Tommy Gun trivia but I have too noticed that marking.  Another thing I love about the game is quick loads.  Have you tried the other COD addition/expansion?
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#4]
No.  I actually borrowed COD and UO from a coworker.  Didn't copy, just borrowed.
What's the other one called?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top