Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/3/2021 5:15:21 PM EDT
I mean in the olden days you could march down to gamestop, put $50 bucks down and they would call you when they got stock.  I can't find anywhere that lets you do this anymore.  I'll admit I have not tried gamestop, they pissed me off years ago.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Everyone's worried about scalpers and thieves.  Every place around me is doing online only and you have to check everyday online.
I was able to find a PS5 on Gamestop online and it got here in 3 days last week.

I got my series X from Walmart online back in November but they made me pick it up locally at the ghetto walmart.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Everyone's worried about scalpers and thieves.  Every place around me is doing online only and you have to check everyday online.
I was able to find a PS5 on Gamestop online and it got here in 3 days last week.

I got my series X from Walmart online back in November but they made me pick it up locally at the ghetto walmart.

View Quote

That hasn't worked though cause the scalpers are buying the shit out of them anyway.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell me about it.  I've been trying to find another series X for my son.  I got him an S when it launched and it's been horrible.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:31:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That hasn't worked though cause the scalpers are buying the shit out of them anyway.
View Quote
If 'scalpers' exist it's a clear sign the distribution chain has totally failed to appropriately price the product.  They need to be charging more...  people are paying the higher price and wouldn't it be better if the additional revenue went to the manufacturer than to 'scalpers' ?

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:34:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I ordered 2 3080s and a 3070 through ShopBLT last month, they've since taken down preorders.  God only knows if I'll ever see them.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 4:01:59 AM EDT
[#7]
The insanity is the MSRP markup on the 3000 series. I feel bad for people who are buying at the momen.t
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#8]
You can get on a waiting list for a GPU. EVGA have a waiting list. I have been on it since December with an expected order date of October.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#9]
You can get on a preorder list for a 3xxx series with EVGA.  Unfortunately the factory LC 3080 version i'm holding out for is the only one not available to get in line for.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 2:33:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You can get on a waiting list for a GPU. EVGA have a waiting list. I have been on it since December with an expected order date of October.
View Quote

Good to know, I'll probably be ready to upgrade monitors by that point.
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Just a guess, but I imagine that Sony and Microsoft are not really all that interested in moving the next generation right now.

They were already losing money on the hardware costs at launch time, and the current tight supply on a lot of the components has driven costs up.  So they are probably losing even even more money now.

Combine that with all of the delays of next gen titles, there really are no must have next-gen only titles out right now.  They also have their automatic upgrade programs, where if you buy it on the old generation you get a free upgrade, and that takes even more of the pressure off them to get the new consoles in stock.

So I figure they are probably waiting for costs to go back down before they try to really ramp up production.

Link Posted: 3/7/2021 10:27:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to get annoyed when a GameStop clerk would spew his corporate marketing gimmick/preorder lines. Now I would give my neighbor's left kidney to hear those words again for an XSX.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm a bit lost on this thread. So, are there PS5s with different GPUs and if so, what is the method of being listed to buy the better GPU via whatever brick and mortar store

Also if they are worried about scalpers, why don't they just tie the purchase to an ID card or driver's license and make a one per customer limit until the supply meets demand?
Link Posted: 3/28/2021 1:02:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Get on EVGA's website and select notify me on any of their GPUs.  I think they finally started filling orders placed on day 2 since the system started!

I didnt sign up until feb so i'll probably get a 3080 after the release of the 87080.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top