Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2017 10:16:11 AM EDT
I have ARK running on a dedicated server on the Ragnarok DLC map.  Anyone is welcome, so long as they don't cause any issues.  Griefing will lead to a ban, that should be obvious.  We aren't a PvP/PvE server, we're a private server.  Does that mean PvP will never happen?  Who knows.  If people want to do PvP we can set something up.  Mostly this is just to have fun.

Server is running a few different mods.  These mods hopefully add to the experience.  Most of them complement or fix the building aspect of the game.  Allowing you to build more types of buildings, and better building altogether such as roof's linking together properly to make a round roof.

EXP rates, Gather Rates, and Taming Speeds are all increased exponentially.  It doesn't take long, 10 minutes or under to tame a dino.  If this turns out to be too short, we will adjust as needed.

DLC is required, it's free get it here: ARK Rangarok Steam Link

Join us on teamspeak

Password is iB87

Will edit when server is live with mods below

MODS

Classic Flyers  Mod Id: 895711211
Quest Mod  Mod Id: 946096241
Bridge  Mod Id: 558651608
Structures +  Mod ID: 731604991
Castles, Keeps, and Forts Medieval Architecture  Mod Id: 764755314
Upgrade Station  Mod Id: 821530042
Pillars Plus  Mod Id: 708807240
Uber Crafter: Structures Refined  Mod Id: 752691369
Advanced Rafts  Mod Id: 749466101

SERVER UP:  TESTING PHASE

You can join, that's fine.  It's stable.  I'm currently testing the mods to ensure that they work properly.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see a couple of you playing!  Not sure your usernames but hey
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Server box had to restart for an update.  Should be back online now.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Installed Classic Flyers.  http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=895711211

Required to join now.  Will be active once server restarts.

Edited into OP
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 3:11:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Server has been updated and is running the mods listed in the OP.

For those interested in knowing, most of the mods are simply mods that help with building.  Making the buildings align better, easier to build correctly, pillar adjustments, etc.

The other mods are Quest (which I can't get to work yet waiting on the dev to tell me whats wrong) that lets me place quests for the server to do.  You get rewards for doing it.  Gathering, Killing, building, etc.  

Then you have Advanced Rafts

Because really, who doesn't want this?

Then theres a castle mod, for medieval buildings.

Lil test to ensure it worked:

The last one was an upgrade bench.  This allows us to upgrade our weapons and armor above primitive.  Without having to go hunt down all of the drops in hopes of getting a recipe.
Link Posted: 6/26/2017 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Fatal error, I disabled 2 mods.
Link Posted: 7/2/2017 11:15:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Server went down to server updates.  Ark coming back online now.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 3:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Is this server still running/active/populated?
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 5:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Took it down, only a handful of people were playing, after the "newness" of the new map wore off, people quit lol.

Sorry!
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:19:04 PM EDT
[#9]
yep that always happens with servers, I am actually doing single player ragnorak now so I don't have to worry about that or have everything expire when on vacation etc.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:59:53 AM EDT
[#10]
There's only so much you can "do" in ARK.  Once the new map gets old, it gets boring again.

They need to add a quest system to the game.  NPC's.  Go kill "x" dino get a reward.  Tame "x" dino get a reward.  etc. etc.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Why not add the Bush People Mod? It at least adds humanoid NPCs as competition. It doesn't do anything about quests, but it would make it a little bit more dynamic as there would be a building, evolving, growing enemy force.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viUPClpLx7M
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#12]
hmm bush people does look cool, anyone know a server running it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#13]
On the steam workshop page for the mod there seems to be a link to bush people servers

ETA: stupid me put the wrong word in...
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 12:34:17 AM EDT
[#14]
been trying to the official bush server... soooo many large mods.....
Link Posted: 9/25/2017 1:35:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
been trying to the official bush server... soooo many large mods.....
View Quote
finally got on.. 14 freakin mods...

cant find any bush people... or much else, spawns seem to be minimal or borcked
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top