Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2015 1:26:51 AM EDT
Warframe on Steam

I decided to give this a try since it's free to play and I'm downloading it now.  Has anyone played/is playing this?
Link Posted: 10/16/2015 12:23:01 PM EDT
[#1]
For free hard to beat. I'm to used to normal fps and fighting games. I didnt play it very long in some cases it reminded me of destiny a bit. I deleted it from my os4 as i needed the space 500 gig just doesnt go far these days.
Link Posted: 10/18/2015 11:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty fun game so far.  Looks and runs surprisingly well even on older systems.

Link Posted: 10/19/2015 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I am having a lot of fun with it. All the stuff on the ship is confusing. Fun gameplay though. I've heard coop can be fun.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Played it in beta for a while with a buddy, fun and unique and the card system is cool. But then after not playing for a year when it grew stale I went to go play it...  not even an update to download... Eh.

Had a lot of fun though.  Playing with a group is rad, and there seems like a huge benefit to starting a clan and building out your own base thing.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am having a lot of fun with it. All the stuff on the ship is confusing. Fun gameplay though. I've heard coop can be fun.
View Quote

Co op has been pretty hit and miss with me.  If I get into a squad with someone of similar gear level it's a lot of fun to work our way through the level.  If I get teamed up with a much higher level player they generally sprint ahead and clear everything before I can even get there.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Co op has been pretty hit and miss with me.  If I get into a squad with someone of similar gear level it's a lot of fun to work our way through the level.  If I get teamed up with a much higher level player they generally sprint ahead and clear everything before I can even get there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

YEa.... that was me :)

I have the guy that can suck badguys in and crush them... I maxed that out, and have the little vacuum bot that grabs orbs. I can pretty much own 2 rooms at once, solo.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 7:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
YEa.... that was me :)  

I have the guy that can suck badguys in and crush them... I maxed that out, and have the little vacuum bot that grabs orbs. I can pretty much own 2 rooms at once, solo.
View Quote

Wait, you were the dude that was doing that on the defense mission?

That's awesome, I wanted to stay but my girlfriend just came home so I logged off.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#8]
OH, sorry, not ME me, as in actually playing...

Me as in back when I USED to play, I was "that guy".
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 7:34:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
OH, sorry, not ME me, as in actually playing...

Me as in back when I USED to play, I was "that guy".
View Quote

Somebody did exactly that to me yesterday and I couldn't figure out how the hell he was doing it.  I capped the points, then he just stood in the middle and everyone flew towards him while he collected everything.
Link Posted: 10/19/2015 7:38:42 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL yea, I forget what frame does it, but it's like the very base level "magic" ability, that costs the least points to fire off.  Maxing it out it's INCREDIBLY overpowered. It pretty much works out that you'll never kill your bar firing it as long as there are a ton of badguys around.

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I played it 1-2 years ago, it felt like a less intuitive version of Gunz 2 with less to do. If you want a good free game try ZMR.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 7:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I've gotten into it recently, guys I play other games with used to play it and we were bored with Insurgency and Wargame: RD. I'm normally not for fighting games but it is pretty fun.

ETA: For a causal gamer it is fine to stick to the free stuff, but if your gonna get into it a little plan on spending at least $50 to have open slots for stuff although steam occasionally has the "packs" on sale so wait for them. But for $50 it isn't to much of a bank breaker IMO especially since that would be just like buying the game if it wasn't F2P.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 11:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Best free game I've ever played and for some reason I always pick to play it out of my other 130 games on steam lol.

Terrific game worth the time to play it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top