Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/18/2014 2:36:58 AM EDT
Anyone buying/re-buying it? Is the AR15 crew still active?

New things for returning players, $ for people who pre-order. First person optional view.

I'm excited to get back into it, my copy should be delivered later today.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 2:56:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yes, I'll be getting it after training tomorrow.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:06:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Since I already paid $60 for it once, I'm going to wait for a price drop before rebuying it, tough choice gta, far cry, and inquisition all coming out together, I went with Dragon Age.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:32:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Since I already paid $60 for it once, I'm going to wait for a price drop before rebuying it, tough choice gta, far cry, and inquisition all coming out together, I went with Dragon Age.
View Quote

I thought the same thing. I ended up with a PS4 so I didn't see a need for a PS3 and the games etc... so I traded everything in and pre ordered the game and stuff for the PS4 so I could justify it. I can understand if people don't buy it... again.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:32:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Nice! Were you part of the PS3 crew?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:36:15 AM EDT
[#5]
So...It is supposed to have features the PS3 version does not?...
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:47:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Xbox 360, went with the xbox one.  For practical reasons, such as having  a bunch of xbox video shows and movies already.

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:49:23 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So...It is supposed to have features the PS3 version does not?...
View Quote

From what I understand it's been updated quite a bit. There's a new first-person view... etc.

Taken from Amazon.com:
PlayStation 4, Xbox One & PC Features
"Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will feature a range of major visual and technical upgrades to make Los Santos and Blaine County more immersive than ever. In addition to increased draw distances and higher resolution, players can expect a range of additions and improvements including: new weapons, vehicles and activities, additional wildlife, denser traffic, new foliage system, enhanced damage and weather effects, and much more. Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC will also feature enhanced radio selections with over 100 additional new songs and new DJ mixes from returning DJs across the game’s 17 radio stations. Enhancements to Grand Theft Auto Online include an increased player count, with online play now for up to 30 players on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. All existing gameplay upgrades and Rockstar-created content released since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. The current community of Grand Theft Auto Online PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC. Along with the sweeping visual and technical enhancements and new content updates for all players of Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, there will also be some special activities and items as a reward exclusively for veteran Los Santos and Blaine County residents. Players returning from the original PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions of GTAV can expect an array of exclusive content to discover when the game arrives. There will also be a bounty of content for all players, new and returning, to discover - including a fleet of classic GTA vehicles and a few more surprises we've got planned that you’ll have to discover for yourself come game day. Visit rockstargames.com/V for more information."

Also, Rockstar announced that there will be an announcement "very soon" about the highly anticipated Heists.
http://www.christianpost.com/news/gta-5-news-online-heists-update-to-follow-after-the-games-re-release-for-ps4-and-xbox-one-129748/
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:56:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I got it. Bad part is that it won't let me transfer my character over.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 3:58:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can you elaborate a little? Is it not letting you sign in? - or are you able to sign in but your character isn't showing up? I haven't seen how it looks now so I don't know what you mean. I assume there will be problems at first, with Rockstar there always is.

Few links that may help you out:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/11/17/gta-online-transfer-to-ps4-characters-progression-transfer-ps4-xbox-one-detailed/

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778-Transferring-Your-Previous-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Characters-and-Progression-to-PlayStation-4-or-Xbox-One

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/17/gta-5-how-to-transfer-characters-in-gta-online

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:03:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Can you elaborate a little? Is it not letting you sign in? - or are you able to sign in but your character isn't showing up? I haven't seen how it looks now so I don't know what you mean. I assume there will be problems at first, with Rockstar there always is.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/11/17/gta-online-transfer-to-ps4-characters-progression-transfer-ps4-xbox-one-detailed/

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/202892778-Transferring-Your-Previous-Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Characters-and-Progression-to-PlayStation-4-or-Xbox-One

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/11/17/gta-5-how-to-transfer-characters-in-gta-online

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I attempted transfer under the options menu. I went through the steps, and when I went to confirm it stated that there was no previous data under that username. I did a little more digging and rock star has acknowledged the problem and are attempting to fix it. I havent played since the ps3 version last year. Apparently it's on a large scale.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:09:49 AM EDT
[#11]

I attempted transfer under the options menu. I went through the steps, and when I went to confirm it stated that there was no previous data under that username. I did a little more digging and rock star has acknowledged the problem and are attempting to fix it. I havent played since the ps3 version last year. Apparently it's on a large scale.
View Quote

I see. Yeah, nothing ever launches smoothly with GTA. Hopefully that gets figured out soon. I'd assume Rockstar will be working around the clock to resolve the issue. Let us know if you find a fix or they fix the issue. I'm sure we'll all experience the same issues.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:14:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I see. Yeah, nothing ever launches smoothly with GTA. Hopefully that gets figured out soon. I'd assume Rockstar will be working around the clock to resolve the issue. Let us know if you find a fix or they fix the issue. I'm sure we'll all experience the same issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Will do.  By the way. The differences are night and day from the ps3 to ps4. Well worth purchasing it again on next gen
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 4:37:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Will do.  By the way. The differences are night and day from the ps3 to ps4. Well worth purchasing it again on next gen
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I like to hear! What stands out to you the most - that differs from PS3.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

That's what I like to hear! What stands out to you the most - that differs from PS3.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

First and foremost is the first person view. I think they did a pretty good job with it. It takes some tweaking to get the feel right, but it was a good thing to add. Secondly would be the bump in graphics. Everything is a lot more crisp and more flora/fauna.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#15]

First and foremost is the first person view. I think they did a pretty good job with it. It takes some tweaking to get the feel right, but it was a good thing to add. Secondly would be the bump in graphics. Everything is a lot more crisp and more flora/fauna.
View Quote

I'm excited to see how the first person looks. Are you able to be in first person in vehicles/aircraft/inside buildings?

The graphics were awesome to begin with... if they've improved as much as you're saying that will be impressive.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:00:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm excited to see how the first person looks. Are you able to be in first person in vehicles/aircraft/inside buildings?

The graphics were awesome to begin with... if they've improved as much as you're saying that will be impressive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

First person in all instances of the game
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:34:42 AM EDT
[#17]
They say you can pick up and bang hookers in first person i guess ill haft to wait till January to find out.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Target has a deal you can get it for 30 today if you trade in the PS3 version...
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:39:03 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm waiting for PC as well...

I thought about getting it for my XB1 for a few seconds... but [consuela] noooooooo.... nooooooooo... [/consuela]
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:15:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Preordered amd waiting on delivery.

Loved the fuck outta takin over large portions of the city with the arfcom crew.

Time to do it again.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:33:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Still waiting on PC release.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 12:42:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Preordered amd waiting on delivery.

Loved the fuck outta takin over large portions of the city with the arfcom crew.

Time to do it again.
View Quote

It was fun. I did just receive an email from rock star stating they have resolved the character transfer issue. Should be good to go now
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:33:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I bought it.. again. Only reason was for first person. I want to get more involved in online though. Is there arfcom group or something where we can all get together and tear shit up?

PSN: BIGmoney8206
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#24]
I've seen a few online videos of the first person mode switching back to third person for cover... can you set it to switch to third person when you get into a vehicle?

And are the cinematic "Story" sequences first or third person?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 5:58:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. PCMR.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#26]
It's not out on the one system that matters.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#27]
damn it, thought it was on PC today
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:13:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
damn it, thought it was on PC today
View Quote

you were duped
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#29]
waiting on goddamn UPS -- why didn't I just preorder it from a local store? DAMN YOU AMAZON PRIME AND YOUR ENTICING FREE SHIPPING
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 6:55:40 PM EDT
[#30]
I got it waiting at home for ps4, looking forward to some online action.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Line of gamers camping out for GTA release robbed

HOUSTON --  Armed robbers targeted a group of gamers who were waiting for a new video game release at a GameStop in northwest Harris County.
View Quote

http://abc7chicago.com/news/line-of-gamers-camping-out-for-gta-release-robbed/400389/

How many stars is that?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 8:40:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Ok so Halo is a completely launch disappointment. Is GTA gtg or should I wait for a while?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Ok so Halo is a completely launch disappointment. Is GTA gtg or should I wait for a while?
View Quote

Yeah, a patch ~1week later = disappointment.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:21:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've heard people are not able to get into any matchmaking games, so yes that would be a disappointing launch.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got back from upgrading my ps3 edition from target for $32

Weird thing was the worker told me to keep my old ps3 copy
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:45:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Amazon came through and it was waiting for me at my door. Took a while to get all the updates, character transfer went through flawlessly took 10-15 min to process, played in story while it did it's thing. Hopefully we can get organized again somehow.  For those that pre ordered and got the extra million. Once you enter the promo it takes a while to process in the game. I had already dispatched multiple Hans and Dindus by the time it showed up in game, FYI.

First thing I did was steal a helo, fly to the airport to steal the Lear jet... Flew to the military base and stole the jet, strafed and kamakazied a large group. I mean, how else do you kick off your GTA5 re-birth? Add me bombard13.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:46:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/18/2014 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Damn it gamestop closes at 9. I should have picked it up earlier.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:13:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I've heard people are not able to get into any matchmaking games, so yes that would be a disappointing launch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got into matchmaking games last week. Sure it took longer than normal, but you could still play mp.  And the patch is coming on friday, so not much to worry about.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:58:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Amazon came through and it was waiting for me at my door. Took a while to get all the updates, character transfer went through flawlessly took 10-15 min to process, played in story while it did it's thing. Hopefully we can get organized again somehow.  For those that pre ordered and got the extra million. Once you enter the promo it takes a while to process in the game. I had already dispatched multiple Hans and Dindus by the time it showed up in game, FYI.

First thing I did was steal a helo, fly to the airport to steal the Lear jet... Flew to the military base and stole the jet, strafed and kamakazied a large group. I mean, how else do you kick off your GTA5 re-birth? Add me bombard13.
View Quote

Mine is working fine now as well. I sent you a friend request. Hopefully we can get some arfcom guys on together. My psn is the same as my username here.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weirdest thing ever. After paying He goes "you can hold on to the old copy for now"..I say "Aren't you supposed to take the ps3 copy?"

He replies "our mobile guy whose not here and not very reliable, typically completes the turn in process. You can keep both copies"

I didn't question him and went on my way.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 3:01:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

That. Probably gotta do some upgrades first anyhow.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:29:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Weirdest thing ever. After paying He goes "you can hold on to the old copy for now"..I say "Aren't you supposed to take the ps3 copy?"

He replies "our mobile guy whose not here and not very reliable, typically completes the turn in process. You can keep both copies"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haha. Well, time to go to game stop and trade it in for something.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Has anyone been able to join an online game with other players playing in the same server?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:16:18 AM EDT
[#45]
i transferred my toon on the XB1 and was able to join online and there appeared to be 4 or 5 other players in my session.  My vehicles were not transferred.  
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#46]
I may take it back.. It doesn't have enough new content or features in my opinion. They had so much time to add onto the story.  All of the important characters are still alive.

A series of new heists would have made it worth it to me.  Or an all out war with Marryweather.. something.

Anybody know if the zombie DLC rumor is true?
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:30:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

I've seen a few online videos of the first person mode switching back to third person for cover... can you set it to switch to third person when you get into a vehicle?

And are the cinematic "Story" sequences first or third person?
View Quote
You can set it to go into 3rd person for cover or set it not to go into 3rd person for cover.  Dont know about the car or story.

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I may take it back.. It doesn't have enough new content or features in my opinion. They had so much time to add onto the story.  All of the important characters are still alive.

A series of new heists would have made it worth it to me.  Or an all out war with Marryweather.. something.

View Quote
Heh you thought they would do any of that?  If they are going to do that you are gonna have to pay even more.  Im sure they planned ahead of time to make you buy the game twice before selling you an expansion.  Sucks but it is the way it is.  They still don't even have heists yet.

http://aretheheiststhereyet.com/

Link Posted: 11/19/2014 9:46:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Heh you thought they would do any of that?  If they are going to do that you are gonna have to pay even more.  Im sure they planned ahead of time to make you buy the game twice before selling you an expansion.  Sucks but it is the way it is.  They still don't even have heists yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could have at least added some more car customization at the auto shop.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 11:41:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Anyone else preorder on PS4 and not get the bonus money? I think it was $500k for SP and MP and an addition $150k for each as well.

EDIT

Just found this in case anyone else has the issue.

https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/204230473-How-to-Claim-GTA-Bonus-on-PS4-Digital-Pre-Order
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top