Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:38:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Dead Or Alive Xtreme Beach Vollyball
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Combat Mission: Barberosa to Berlin
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:11:16 PM EDT
[#3]
The game im anticipating the most is GRAND THEFT AUTO: VICE CITY. I was addicted to the GTA3 so this one is a no brainer. A city twice as large as the first one. All open from the start. throw in Cheasy 80's music, three times as many vehicles, helicopters, Motorcycles, better aiming feature, more weapons, the ability to go into more buildings- snipe from windows, hookers, and crime families and its a done deal. Easy sell.

_______________-

Other games i want to get my little rat claws on are:

Dead or Alive 4. Im tired of people passing this game off as just eye candy and/or "beater" game. The fighting engine is no more, no less then Soul Calibur 2. I played a lot of fighting games over the years and like most everyone i've played. Been playing DOA since the first one. The one before all the pretty graphics and had less women. TEKKEN is good, i've owned nearly every TEKKEN game, but i've always had more fun with DOA. Its easier to get into, and lets face it, the only reason for having a fighting game in the first place is for when friends come over. Not everyone has the time to spend weeks in training for TEKKEN's "dial-a-combo's". This places the more intuitive Soul Calibur 2 and DOA3/4 on the hit list.

Soul Calibur 2

RavenShield. A real sequel to the original squad/anti-terrorist series Rainbow six. Best for PC as you know it will have Mods.

Splinter Cell. Better then the overly dramatic and overrated Metal Gear. I plan on getting this one for the XBOX as i doubt there will be any Mods for it.

Ninja Gaiden. A classic game from the old Nes days. Coming to the XBOX with the graphics of DOA3, but an an adventure game throughout. This, Tenchu 3, and Shinobi mean alot of ninja's running around this year. These games are just so cool. I can feel it, even in my pee pee.

TimeSplitters 2. The closest i've seen a game come to being like GoldenEye in feel. Even more so then Perfect Dark. Most excellent control!
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 2:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2002 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I will have to look up the game you speak of Avalon.  Never heard of it.
View Quote

Hehehe.. not a wargamer, huh? Combat Mission is a VERY good game, it's a mix of turn-based/real-time. It's not a RTS is any sence of the word, but a highly detailed tactical wargame.

The game can be found at battlefront.com.

I have been playing Stratigic Command A LOT! Kick-ass turn based WW2 game. It's a "jump right in a play" game. Right now I am playing as the Allies. Russia is on the ropes, Spain has decided to join the Axis, and the US has remained neutral so far (late '42).

GTA:3 was pretty good, but it got boring. Run, drive, kill. Over and over and over.

I am waiting for the new Duke Nukem game and SWAT 4. I hope those turn out good.

Av.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top