BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
1 week to go.  I cant wait.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Played Sunday at PAX.

Did a 4 man firefight on Heroic difficulty. Played with the jumpjet pack the whole time.

There is nothing more enjoyable then hovering 30 feet over the battlefield throwing grenades and launching rockets straight down at Covenant drop points.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:52:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Played Sunday at PAX.

Did a 4 man firefight on Heroic difficulty. Played with the jumpjet pack the whole time.

There is nothing more enjoyable then hovering 30 feet over the battlefield throwing grenades and launching rockets straight down at Covenant drop points.
so would you say that its worth the cash?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Played Sunday at PAX.

If you have enjoyed any of the other Halo games I would say yes.

More so then ODST was.

Simply making different combat classes/roles in multiplayer makes it worth it to me (as that is very different compared to the other Halo games).
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:14:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Played Sunday at PAX.

If you have enjoyed any of the other Halo games I would say yes.

More so then ODST was.

Simply making different combat classes/roles in multiplayer makes it worth it to me (as that is very different compared to the other Halo games).

I want a quality 1-player storyline, not like the hacks we got before in the sequels.  We don't need the VG equivalent of SW: Episode 1.  Please, not.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:14:15 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks promising.  I'm cautiously optimistic.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 10:38:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

this, i won't be buying it for a while though if i do at all
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:04:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just posted another review.  Check it out.  Seems Bungie got their mojo back with this one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just posted another review.  Check it out.  Seems Bungie got their mojo back with this one.

Thanks.

I'm a little disappointed to read that the campaign is only six hours.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#10]
OMFG DO WANT.

What the fuck is up with them skimping out on all the Elite armor stuff? It looks like you only have 7 or so preset armor and none of the customization that you get with the Spartans...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks.

I'm a little disappointed to read that the campaign is only six hours.

Note the context:

...There are ten main chapters, which will take you roughly 6 hours to beat on the Normal difficulty...

I agree that seems short.  Perhaps running it on 'Legendary' will stretch the campaign to ~10-12 hrs.  I've never played through any of the HALO franchise games on 'Normal' setting, as it seemed way to easy when I sampled.  HCE is still one of the most epic campaigns.  What was it - 15 hrs?  It took a little while.  I hate all the emphasis on multiplayer dev., as it robs time/$$$/resources from campaign dev.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 7:21:07 AM EDT
[#12]

HCE is still one of the most epic campaigns. What was it - 15 hrs? It took a little while.

Umm... No.

If we are on the same page and HCE = Halo: Combat Evolved... Or just Halo. 15 hours it most certainly was not. There was a whole club that was focused on people who could beat it on all the difficulty settings solo in less then 24 hours. That means beating the whole campaign on easy, normal, heroic, and legendary in 24 hours. I did it in 23hr 28min.

Halo 3 was by far the longest single player campaign so far, and on release night some friends and I powered through 4 player legendary in just over 6 hours. While playing by yourself definitely extends it, it still isn't very long.

The Halo games have always been short, however most people play through multiple times on the different settings, or looking for skulls, and so on. Then of course it is a HIGHLY multiplayer orieneted game.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#13]
I am glad to see that dual wielding is gone, it is and always will be stupid and contributed to the dumbing down of games that is happening. Go bungie!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top