Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:13:10 AM EDT
Let me start by letting you know how out of shape I am, I finished my cancer treatment 4 months ago (I am 100% free of cancer now) some of the medicines I took made me gain a lot of weight, mainly, predinosone. Now that I feel "great" I decided to loose some weight, I am 5' - 7" and I was at 250 now I am down to 238, I can't be out on the sun too much so I used our old treadmill everyday for 35 minutes every day and the machine read 2 miles and the speed was around 3.7 miles/hour it could not go any faster, (my daughter at 115 lbs. can go 8 -9 miles/hr.) so I figured is my weight!  

In any case, I bought a new Sole F63 treadmill, but the values are so different from the old machine that now I have no idea what I was doing. The programs that come with the machine don't tell me much about what I should be doing. I tried a few of them and I guess because of the incline factor, I can only do a mile in 20 minutes, my heart rate goes up to 135, oxygen at 95, (I use an oxymeter) and I am tired, the speed goes up and down between 2.0 and 4.0, Because I was used to doing 2 miles. now I am doing 1 mile, twice a day.
Can any one advice me if what I am doing is OK and  how to program the machine (as far as time speed and incline values) I know how to do it I just need the values.

Thank you.

Frank
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#1]
If your current routine of 1 mile 2x per day fits into your daily schedule, stick with it.  Keep the settings the way they are, but try to extend your distance a little bit each week.  Aim for an increase in 1/10 or 2/10 per session per week, such as 1 mile 2x per day, then 1.1 miles 2x per day, and so on.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top