Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:07:38 PM EDT
Was out at the local mountain bike trail this morning.  Was heading for a wooden ramp when I hit some wet sand and my front wheel went all wobbly and I wound up going off the side of the ramp, me and the bike going airborne.  The bike hit the ground and is doing fine.  I slammed my right shoulder into a tree.  Now I know how it would really feel to get thrown into shit like those guys in the movies.  Trust me, I wouldn't be getting up and shaking it off quite as fast as they did.  I DID have to ride the damn bike back to my Pathfinder, which was a study in intense pain...
I'm lucky I didn't break my damn collar bone, but as it is my shoulder is all sorts of interesting shades of purple...
Shit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 2:21:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link to the video?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Link to the video?

Ha.  Ha.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Link to the video?

Glad to see you are still around.  I haven't seen your posts in a long time.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Tex, took a few months off.  Now it's back to arguing about oil speculation and lifting heavy vicariously through sharky's thread.  Maybe I never really left after all...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:25:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Well, this guys thread didn't get shit on

I hope you heal up well and soon Rik. Could have been a lot worse, get the shoulder checked out if you haven't already
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 7:34:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Somethin' like this?    

You ain't exactly a youngster anymore....  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Somethin' like this?    

http://www.singletracks.com/images/uploads/2009/trails/01/1949-1180401136.jpg

You ain't exactly a youngster anymore....    

I ain't THAT old!
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:07:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Was out at the local mountain bike trail this morning.  Was heading for a wooden ramp when I hit some wet sand and my front wheel went all wobbly and I wound up going off the side of the ramp, me and the bike going airborne.  The bike hit the ground and is doing fine.  I slammed my right shoulder into a tree.  Now I know how it would really feel to get thrown into shit like those guys in the movies.  Trust me, I wouldn't be getting up and shaking it off quite as fast as they did.  I DID have to ride the damn bike back to my Pathfinder, which was a study in intense pain...
I'm lucky I didn't break my damn collar bone, but as it is my shoulder is all sorts of interesting shades of purple...
Shit.

you still should get an xray I know a person that broke it and didnt think it was broke either ...
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:16:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Shit.

you still should get an xray I know a person that broke it and didnt think it was broke either ...

I guess...but I can move my arm around okay and it's not swollen much.  Wouldn't it swell up real good if it were broken?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 9:11:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I broke down and went to the walk-in clinic today and had it X-rayed.  As I thought, no break, just a bone bruise.  They did give me a tetanus shot because of the road...errr, trail-rash on my arm and prescribed some antibiotic ointment to use if it gets infected.  But basically I am GTG as soon as the pain goes away.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I broke down and went to the walk-in clinic today and had it X-rayed.  As I thought, no break, just a bone bruise.  They did give me a tetanus shot because of the road...errr, trail-rash on my arm and prescribed some antibiotic ointment to use if it gets infected.  But basically I am GTG as soon as the pain goes away.

Did you call your mom to come kiss it and make it better?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I did the same thing when I hit a booby trap in the sand whoops that ran along the rail road tracks. I was doing about 55 and cracked the throttle wide open and then boom out went the lights. I woke up laying against the tracks my collar bone was broken as was my bell helmet, my seat was one place the bike and the fuel tank was in other places. I popped my collar bone back in, put the bike together fired it up and had a 12 mile ride through sugar sand back home.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Add a motor to it and watch things really get interesting.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:42:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you call your mom to come kiss it and make it better?

I wish I could.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:43:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Heh, I may be reckless but I am not THAT reckless...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you can't work out, that just leaves you more time to post photos...

Seriously, hope your shoulder heals up quick. Good news that it's not broken.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you can't work out, that just leaves you more time to post photos...

Seriously, hope your shoulder heals up quick. Good news that it's not broken.

Well, I won't be able to lift for a while, but I plan to get back on the bike tomorrow morning.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:19:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Ouch, I hope you heal up fast!

Watch out for those trees Rik!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ouch, I hope you heal up fast!

Watch out for those trees Rik!

Rik, Rik, Rik of the Jungle...watch out for that tree!  Watch out for that tree!

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:21:35 PM EDT
[#21]
I ran 5K this morning then went back out to the bike trail in the afternoon.  No major injuries to report.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:00:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top