Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Weigh in yesterday, 313. Got home and my family commented on the obvious weight loss right off. Always nice to hear.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 10:39:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Decided I'm not going to weigh-in every week (if that's allowed) i'd rather do it every two weeks, that way if I have a bad week or whatever I don't get discouraged.  At least doing it every two weeks even if it's not a dramatic weight loss I'll still see lower numbers.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:08:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Weigh in yesterday, 313. Got home and my family commented on the obvious weight loss right off. Always nice to hear.

I'm at 230 this morning.  Everyone has been complimenting me, and it sure does feel great.  They say you can tell a difference in my face.
Link Posted: 4/22/2008 7:44:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Weighed in the AM, I'm only down about 4-5lbs,  know it doesn't seem like a lot, but I'm happy with it.  I figure I didn't put it all on at once it's not going to come off all at once.  I also haven't been able to get out and walk as much as I've wanted; first the kid was sick, then the SO, now it's my turn, also working 7 days a week. . .I'll get there though
Link Posted: 4/23/2008 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm also down just 3 pounds, but there is a good change in the % of body fat and loss of inches in places like my ass, waist, and neck. My trainer says this shows that I'm losing fat and building muscle, so while I only have a 3 pound drop in weight it is probably more like I lost 5 pounds of fat and put on 2 pounds of muscle.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm still at 230.  However, it is my fault, as I veered off the Atkins path for a couple of days.  Even last night I had too many carbs, but I couldn't refuse eating with my hot(but dumb) neighbor when she cooked for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2008 8:25:33 AM EDT
[#7]
As of right now, 251 lbs, which means I've lost 3 pounds (I actually gained a pound to get up to 254 4/14 and then lost it back)

Not that great.

Link Posted: 4/25/2008 4:26:46 PM EDT
[#8]
227 this am, so down nine lbs.  Pretty happy with that so far...  

Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:03:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Update for this week:

Still at 230lbs.  However, I've been noticing my pants and shorts fitting better, and it seems that I have lost some inches in my belly.  My belly is now flat instead of having a beer belly.  Been getting a lot of compliments from the women at work about the weight loss. I'm enjoying it, and it is nice to fit back into shirts that used to be a little tight.

EDIT:  I've lost 3 inches off of my belly around my belly button.  This has been in the last 2 weeks.  I just got off the stationary bike for the past 45 minutes, and am about to head to work here shortly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2008 6:22:01 AM EDT
[#10]
223.6 this morning...the diet is getting easier to handle but moving this week has thrown my exercise schedule off
Link Posted: 5/2/2008 11:22:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm at 183.6 now so that about 6 pounds loast for me, but again my body fat % is down which means more fat was replaced with muscle.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 4:58:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Still at 230.  I'm going to change my workout routine some, and start seriously watching my food.  I did the Atkins to lose the first lbs, but it is hard to stick to in the environment that I am in.  I've been tracking calories for the past few days, and will total everything up in a few days and do some more research.  I have been noticing though that my clothes are fitting better, and that I am starting to see some veins on my arms more and more.  

Heck, I just realized we are already a month into it.  A couple of more to go and we can re-do the pics and see how everyone did on their weights.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#13]
305 yesterday at the doctors office. I've been laid up the past probably 3 weeks with a busted ankle. Pretty much ZERO activity and not dieting anymore.  Just really slashed my portions. Not losing nearly as fast, but still slightly dropping. In the next few days I'm gonna start back on Atkins.  Hopefully I can get below 300 by Mid next week.
Link Posted: 5/8/2008 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#14]
down to 181 now and another percentage point of body fat down.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 6:03:04 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys still going? I didn't do a picture so I'm not really in it but I'm down to 216.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 6:48:26 PM EDT
[#17]

1andy2
55kingpin
Chizzle
cvanbrunt
Dusty_C
FrankSymptoms
Hamel
JorDanO
kcobean
Mom2Sarah
Motown_Steve
Mudbug
PBIR
rageofangels
SenorTreinteOcho
SplatSTi
WalkerTexasRanger

All posted pics, some haven't updated.
Link Posted: 5/12/2008 8:55:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still holding at 230.  Next week I hope to start P90X, if it comes in. I will post new pics then in this thread when I start it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 5:53:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Alright.  Shockingly, through just my increased physical activity of being off work for a month, and smaller portions, I'm down to 302. I started Atkins back 3 nights ago, I went back into ketosis this morning, and I'm prepped for being back to dieting hard and working out hard once my ankle is 100%

Link Posted: 5/16/2008 6:03:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm not going to participate, I'm down to 194 from 214 or so since November of last year, but I'm going to give a rousing CHEER to everyone giving it a go...

it CAN be done.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#21]
221 as of tonight, I'm hoping to be under 220 tomorrow night as tomorrow is going to be rough!
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 7:40:53 PM EDT
[#22]
This week I found out my biggest struggle is not eating too much, but not eating enough.

I spent most of the week feeling crappy and even getting dizzy during workouts. I keep a log of what I eat through a program that comes with the Body Bugg I got from my trainer, so we looked back though my logs and found that I was starving myself.

I wasn't doing it intentionally, I just suck and feeding myself good food, and after a month of eating the same boring crap I was finding myself just skipping eating.

Uhg, I gotta find some way to eat good food without a huge hassle.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 7:44:31 PM EDT
[#23]
So I weighed myself yesterday and was down to 212. I also went to the doctor to find out about getting a male breast reduction. Getting referred to a plastic surgeon and I can either get it payed for by the gov't and wait until like the end of the year or pay something like 2 grand to have it done right away.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 7:51:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the Bump Dave.  I like your moobs by the way.  

I'm still at about 300. Atkins was aggrivating my ankle to bad so I had to take off till it cleared up.  It's 95% better now so I'm gonna try to go back on it starting tommorrow
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 11:36:55 PM EDT
[#25]
I sure don't like my moobs and I don't think the ladies do either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#26]
no new pic to post, weights down about maybe 10lbs, but just joined the gym  Really been thinking about nutrisystem, but kinda having a hard time thinking that nutrisystem is anything other than a quick fix, really need to made lifestyle changes that I can live with long term.
Link Posted: 6/7/2008 5:00:34 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
no new pic to post, weights down about maybe 10lbs, but just joined the gym  Really been thinking about nutrisystem, but kinda having a hard time thinking that nutrisystem is anything other than a quick fix, really need to made lifestyle changes that I can live with long term .
You nailed it.
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 9:30:00 PM EDT
[#28]
**update**

Been going to the gym about twice a week now, wanted to start working with a trainer, but that, well that didn't work out, Planet Fitness and I had a difference of opinion of what training was.  Anyway, been going, also been a LOT better about what I'm eating, no more fast food, been packing healthy meals and snacks to work. . .now if I could only give up my speciality coffee addiction I think I'd see even better results.  Haven't been checking the scales, but my clothes are fitting better, some of my pants are even starting to feel looser .  If I get a chance I'll post an updated pic later this week.

How's everyone else doing??
Link Posted: 6/17/2008 10:48:14 PM EDT
[#29]
So I'm down to 208 as of last weekend and I found out that if I get my surgery payed for through the public healthcare, I have to wait until September before they even acknowledge I exist. I may pay for it myself to get it done so I don't have to wait until like next year.
Link Posted: 6/18/2008 5:01:04 AM EDT
[#30]
That sucks dave.  I've been thinking I may have to have surgery myself.  My neck/chin aren't tightening up at all. Everything else is. Hell my arms and legs look small to me, but still tape pretty well.

I got all my medical issues straightened out that had me off the diet and back up to 304.  I'm back down to about 295 now.  I forget what my initial weight was here, but when I started dieting it was 347. 51 lbs so far.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 2:52:41 PM EDT
[#31]
6/27/08 update, not sure of the weight, haven't been checking the scales, but my clothes are fitting MUCH better, this was taken today and that's WITHOUT me sucking it in

Link Posted: 6/30/2008 6:39:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I hit a new low of 292. Changing techniques for the moment. I'm about to load up on protein powder and start working out really hard.  Hopefully build some lean mass into my upperbody and do some more riding.  Week or 3 of that and I'll go back to atkins and cardio.
Link Posted: 7/2/2008 11:18:54 PM EDT
[#33]

115lbs. since 12-28-2007

I cheated though, I had the lap band surgery.
Link Posted: 7/12/2008 4:45:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Well, I sorda forgot I was on a diet, and have been working out really hard, lotsa protein, good balanced diet with no shortage of calories.  Back up 3 lbs to 295, but it's all water weight from the high salt content of my diet.  Crack must be made of salt.

I could take an extra BP pill or cut salt for a day and have at least that 3 lbs gone.  

I'm turning in my 18 wheeler Monday.  I'm done with this over the road life.  I start a new job in a week or so that'll have me at home on the weekends, all the company terminals have gyms, and I'll still have my bike and limited free weights in the truck. Plus the job is flatbedding so I'll be getting a hell of a work out just from it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Started out in late May weighing 253. As of today I am down to 236. Limit my calorie intake to 2,200 per day. I workout 3x per week with Cardio and Lifting Weights. Cardio is either a 2 -3 mile run or a 10 mile Bike Ride. I'm averaging a loss of 2 pounds / week with a goal of getting down to 210 by the end of Oct.
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 3:58:24 AM EDT
[#36]
no pic yet.
but here is my info.

285 may 1st
266 this AM. was 264 on monday

my day- work outdoors-
meals-
AM- protien shake- 52 g of protien,3 sugars,6 carbs(if i do the full 2 scopes) 200 cals
lunch- same or light lunch
dinner- high protien

drinks- water, occasional beer at night 1-3. mich ultra.( yes i know gotta dump them from diet..cant stop cold turkey )

work out-
AM-
50 crunches
10 sit ups
10 push ups
20 curls 55 lbs
strecthing

Pm work out-
20 curls( in same rep i liftover my head like a  mil. press)
1 mile run(will do 2 mile walk in 30 minutes to change it up)
9-10 miles on excersise bike.

ive dropped 1.5 shirt sizes and 3 pant sizes. but the Lbs are going at 2-5 lbs a month now. the 1st month i dropped almost all the weight... then leveled out... then spiked, now it dropped last week 5 lbs to where i am now.

ill see about getting a pic up...
Link Posted: 7/23/2008 4:28:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Between being out of the country and recovering from having the old appendix removed I haven't gotten in much quality exercise. The diet is helping though, down to 211 this morning. I was able to comfortably wear a suit I haven't fit into since last summer yesterday.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top