Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/24/2005 2:36:11 AM EDT
I have lost 40 lbs in 13 weeks, and it feels great! I got tired of being a  lard ass (5'11" @ 290 lbs.) and decided to do something about it. I quit drinkng cokes and eating fast/junk food as well as started a excercise program. I started out walking 30 minutes a day for five days and now I am up to 4 miles at a 12 minute mile, 2 days aweek and I weight train the other 3 days, then run 2 miles.
I haven't felt this good in years,  my goal is 200 lbs which is what I weighed when I got out of the Army back in '91.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:47:26 AM EDT
[#1]
just awsome!! keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:34:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Amazing

Congratulations on getting your life back.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#3]
congrats.  I would love to dump 40 lbs.  at that weight i'd be ripped...at least, underneath all the extra skin.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Way to go man!

I was a tubby little kid in my early teen years. 15, 180 pounds....MAYBE 5'7" I was FAT. Zero muscle. All fat. I started running and watching what I ate and got down to a lean 140 with way more muscle then fat. Took me closer to 4 months, but damn did I feel great.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#5]
That's a lot of weight in 4 months.  generally most people can't lose more than 10% of their body weight in 6 months.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top