Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2005 10:48:35 AM EDT
I am not a big soda drinker (bubbles) or other sweetened beverages (either too sweet OR the ones with nutrasweet kill my stomach). I prefer coffee or vodka, but weightlifting is not a good idea if you don't replenish fluids properly, so I began a search for a flavored water that would replenish yet taste good, but not overly chemically or sweet.

I have found such an elixer!

PROPEL fitness water. It's made by Gatorade folks and it's PERFECT. My husband hates sweetened water, but it even rated a "I could drink that" from him.
10 calories, 3 carbs, vitamins and some minerals ( B6 and B12, niacin etc)
Anyway, just thought I'd share that tidbit with you all.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:26:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Love Propel.  Orange and Black Cherry are the best.

you're me only better endowed and blonder aren't you?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:54:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't get this fad. My wife is nuts for all that flavored water stuff too. They taste like a soft drink gone flat to me. What's wrong with the regular stuff or a h20 with a shot of fresh lemon or lime juice?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I buy Propel at Sam's 24 16fl/oz bottles for $10.88. I carry a cooler in my truck year around and it always has H2O and Propel in it . The vit b's give a similar pick up to caffeine without the side effects. It's good stuff and good for you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:19:40 PM EDT
[#5]
I go with either half power Powdered gatorade or weak why protein in water.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I stay away from anything that is sweet at all even if it supposedly has no calories in it.

this is due to the fact that a few studies have shown that the sweet tase causes your insulin levels to spike just as if you were drinking the real thing. not that good for maintaining a high level of insulin sensitivity, and your girlish figure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
My girlish figure is fine, thankyouverymuch!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:33:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:39:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Propel is decent, but kind of $.

I buy gatorade powder and only put in 1/3 to 1/2 the powder the instructions calls for.  It kills the sweetness and makes it cheaper to boot.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:45:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I use the same hydralyte (gookinaide) stuff that I use for a sports drink for everyday too, adds just a touch of flavor to make plain water more drinkable.  Plus the electrolytes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:55:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I use the same hydralyte (gookinaide) stuff that I use for a sports drink for everyday too, adds just a touch of flavor to make plain water more drinkable.  Plus the electrolytes.

Gamma...you are not the antithaboosalabob until a female says so....

If one did, tell me and SP1Grrl....and we'll simply kick her ass................
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:56:27 AM EDT
[#12]
I must be old fashioned but I prefer ice cold plain water cause it still tastes good even when it gets warm
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:56:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Peach tea flavored Crystal Light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top