Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 1:52:19 AM EDT
Since I got injured this has been an issue for me.  WHen I am out driving and I am having a "high pain day" I am often very slow in my movement and not flexible at all.  I have always worried about self defense in a vehicle situation if the need arises.  I liove in Cali so CCW is out of the question.  I keep a knife and a mag lite flashlight in the truck, but the are hrd to use in a small space.

ANy ideas on self protection for a close quarters situation like being inside a car and not being able to move much?

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd think a nice light aluminum bat and ball w/a glove(sports equiptment, not just the bat) might come in handy and be LEGAL to carry for sporting purposes if by chance you stepped out of the vechicle. If your having a HIGH PAIN DAY, why else would you leave the comfort of the auto? Are you suggesting a car jacking type situation?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
run the orc over with the truck
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 7:41:22 AM EDT
[#3]
A very good set I keep for close quarters protection is :

OC - Can be used up to 10 feet and can stop a person before they can reach you.

ASP - I like the smallest ASP which is about 8" closed , so I can use it expanded to reach out to a foot and a half or closed for closer quarters as a pain compliance weapon.

Surefire Light- can also be used for pain compliance methods. (as above)

Folding knife - If the situation escalates

GLOCK - When all else fails.

One thing I always tell my students is to remember that they must be aware that using something like a baton or flashlight can be considered deadly physical force if you strike in the head/temple etc...

Alot of the female officers on my job dont like to carry a gun off duty so I recommend OC as a very good alternative.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top