Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 9:02:56 PM EDT
I'm 39 and have been working out prettily heavily in an effort to loose MAJOR amounts of weight; excersizing twice a day during the week on a stationary bike for 45 minutes in the morning and 1 hour at nights. My legs were pretty wasted by the end of the week, and I came here for advice; several guys told me to ease off on the length of the workouts and increase my protien intake...

It worked! By Saturday I can still walk! I cut it back to 45 minutes at night and 30 in  the morning; but instead of just getting on and cruising, I pedal for 15 minutes then go as fast and at a much higher resistance for two minutes; lather, rinse, repeat! This really gets me sweating and breathing hard! When I get used  to this I will again ramp up on the duration.

I currently have a protien shake (35 grams protien) every other day and a protien bar (20 grams) in the between days; is this enough? I think I need more protien intake, but my primary goal is to loose weight, and I'm afraid this might not happen if I were to have the shakes every day. Is there another form of protien supplement that doesn't entail choking down a Porterhouse steak every day?

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing really beats egg whites, and the yolks (occasionally) aren't that bad either.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 5:25:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:41:14 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Have a shake-maybe two-EVERY day!

I agree. Just make sure of what is in your protein. Some types come with simple sugars mixed in to help people gain weight. Read the label to make sure that you are just getting protein and you will find that the calories are rather insugnificant.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 10:04:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top