Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 2:19:44 PM EDT
I attended a belt test at a Tae Kwon Do school on Saturday.  One of the students testing was a woman in her mid-thirties testing for her brown belt.  As part of her belt test, she had to come up with a "creative self defense form".  Her form was very intersting.

It started out normal enough - an attacker (played by a male black belt) punched at her, she then:

-blocked his punch
-grabbed the wrist of the hand that just punched at her
-pulled him forward
-kicked him in the solar plexus
-changed her grip on his wrist to a lock
-kicked him in the hamstring causing his leg to go down on his back (simulating a breaking of his wrist as he goes down)
-breaks his elbow over her knee
-punches him in the throat and then . . . .

- [>(] reaches between his legs, rips "something off" and throws it over her shoulder [>(]

OUCH!

I think I will be polite to this student  [:D]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 2:26:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 7:28:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I have used this move twice in fights with great success.
Blocked attacker's right hand punch with left hand and grabbed his wrist. Gave his wrist a quick, sharp jerk towards me to throw him off balance and bring his head forward. While still holding wrist, punched attacker in neck/throat with right hand. Brought right arm back through to catch him in the face with my elbow. Done correctly, this can end a fight quickly.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 2:21:10 AM EDT
[#3]
There are some similar moves i learned in Judo which basically place your opponent on the ground at which point you simply cut the blood supply to his brain and rapidly render him unconscious.  

Grabbin the jewels is dirty... but when its life or death... who cares how you won?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top