Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
i was reading the back of a bbq pork rind snak pak a fellow employee got out of a vending machine.
5gm of fat
1.5 gm saturated fat
0 carbs
9 gms protein
hmmmmm
then this weekend i saw an add for ultra
minimal fat,carbs and protein,basically piss water with alcohol.
btw i don't drink alcohol,or eat red meats(mammals)i get my main protein from fish,chicken,egg whites and protein mixes,& some tofu(yummy)
josam
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:40:50 AM EDT
[#1]
come over to my house friend.  I'll grill you a big juicy angus beef steak, grilled potatoes and wash it down with the King of Beers (BUD)  You'll love it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:13:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:33:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Michelob Ultra is being billed as the beer for the low carb diet. It taste like crap. Tried it, taste awfull.
View Quote

Ditto. Not much above flavored water.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that Michelobe ultra has only a couple grams of carbs less than miller lite, and has only about three or four calories less. From what I have read it is mainly a gimick.

As for the prok rinds, I find it hard to believe that anything which is deep fried can be demed healthy.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 1:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Pork rinds and beer have an incomplete amino acid profile, so the protein you see listed on the nutrition label is useless for trying to support muscle growth.  So, as far as the beer goes, you are left with carbs that cause a rapid insulin reaction.  For the pork rinds, you are left with "bad" fats.  I would not consider either healthy.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 4:36:13 AM EDT
[#6]
i guess i should have put a smiley on the end of my original topic [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top