Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 3:09:15 PM EDT
I was looking to ad some martial arts type training to by workout.  A local guy suggested a speed bag to help sculpt the arms and shoulders.

I've never used one before.

Anyone here have any experience with one?
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 1:55:38 PM EDT
[#1]
A long time ago, when the gym was primarily men, I used to finish up my workout with a few rounds w/the 'heavy' bag. I'd imagine a speed bag would be similar, except it wouldnt take a leg strike as readily. Its a good over all ending IMO.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a speed bag and 80 lbs. heavy bag. The speed bag really gets your heart pumping. You need to develop a rhythm and mount it at proper height. Start off with low air pressure in bag; so it bounces more squarely. I know that sounds funny but, when you get one and try it you'll understand what I mean.

Buy bag gloves!!! Repeat  Buy bag gloves!!!

Start off doing 2 rights and then 2 lefts. It helps on rhythm.  Doing singles (in my opinion is advanced) requires lot more speed and accuracy.

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 6:36:35 PM EDT
[#3]
We had a speed bag on bungie cord at our Dojang.  It was good for coordination on punching, rhythm etc.  A regular punching bag hung was generally the same for timing and rhythm.

Speed bag is good for kicking focus, also.
Top Top