Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2002 5:58:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 6:36:05 AM EDT
[#1]
EEEddddd.....my friend,can I call you my friend?.......did[b]you[/b] buy one of those to wear while carrousing this site?[;)]...........or do you just maintain a flex for hours typing here[;)] Those things crack me up........in physical therapy for knees,and times going to dr.s they love to hook me up to these worthless machines claiming they stimulate the atrophied'(sp) muscles,[whacko]maybe if I been bed ridden for a few years.Then I see the insurance bill....@250 for 10min.."STIM'[puke].....I've told them to can their "STIM' it does not work...except to pay their rent.... they then become silent and look at the floor.(obviously guilty)

Link Posted: 5/21/2002 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Hello.

The pass rate may be an issue of how real-world the test is...

Sample question from my ACSM certification book (I am not certified nor trying to become certified)...

A 20-yr old female takes the Cooper 12-minute run test following a 15-week walk/jog program and completes 6 laps on a 440-yd (402.3m) track.  What is her VO(2) max?

My answer...who cares?  That's what calculators and conversion charts are for.

So the test may be somewhat absurd.
James
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 8:39:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Not only do these new fangled machines look funny, they are dangerous.  The unedjucated masses should not be streaming electricity into their bodies. These things can cause cardic problems if used incorectly, and you KNOW some yahoo is gonna pump up the voltage to do a 30 minute workout in 5 minutes.  Expect a new chapter in the medical journals right after the chapter on TaeBo related injuries.
Link Posted: 5/21/2002 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I lost my "love handles" by doing landscaping in my back yard, i took it form the dirt to the finished product.  The investment for losing love handles was approximately 250 dollars in garden tools.

[8D]
Link Posted: 5/22/2002 7:43:20 AM EDT
[#7]
satcong, sounds like a good investment.  $250 is a lot cheaper than what most of us spend on equipment. [:)]  My car quit running in September, and it isn't worth fixing.  I'm walking when I can't find a ride.  Also, my chainsaw quit, and I use mostly wood to heat my house in the winter.  Between those two things, I'm on my way to losing my love handles.

Back to the topic:  according to a doctor I talked to while my wife was having a machine work on her calf muscles after breaking her heel, he said that if it is powered by a battery, it simply can't be strong enough to work the muscle enough to build it up.  The machine seemed to help my wife for a short while.  She hadn't put weight on her right leg for just over six months, and her calf was about the size of her wrist!  Twice a week with the machine really helped, again, for a short while.  It got her back up to about (wild-guess) 30% strength, but then it didn't seem to help any past that point.z
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 12:57:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:46:36 AM EDT
[#9]
The electronic ab machines are for the penis pump crowd.

But it is well known if you jump into a swimming pool with a car battery you will come out totally ripped.

But it has to be a special car battery  that is only available from me for the bargain price of $129.95.

These things normally retail for three thousand dollars but in this special marketing promotion...
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:51:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

But it is well known if you jump into a swimming pool with a car battery you will come out totally ripped.

But it has to be a special car battery  that is only available from me for the bargain price of $129.95.

These things normally retail for three thousand dollars but in this special marketing promotion...
View Quote

Well I'll pitch in to get one for SgtAR15 ! And we all know what he'll use it on .[;D]
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 10:56:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Well I'll pitch in to get one for SgtAR15 ! And we all know what he'll use it on .[;D]
View Quote

OK I'm noticing a trend.  What's with the "pick on SgtAR15" lately?  Did I miss a memo/email?
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 4:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

OK I'm noticing a trend.  What's with the "pick on SgtAR15" lately?  Did I miss a memo/email?
View Quote

Remember when you were a kid and there was that mean old crotchety guy on the block who all the kids hated. Well that is Sgtar15. We heard he even eats cats.
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I want to get one with four separate pads so I can use it on my back.
I have scoliosis and arthritis. If strategicly placed, it will take alot of the pain out of my back.
As far as the ab ones go, I wouldn't waste my time on it, nothing but real exercise works.
I get so much fever and swelling in my back at times, my arm occasionally falls asleep.
The zapper would at least help keep the nerve popped loose.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top