Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2002 8:41:15 AM EDT
does this help you slim down a bit ?
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#1]
it helps you get rid of nasty stuff and can keep your stomach full so you feel like you just ate.  we are talking 2 gallons a day.
but you will have to pee so much you won't have time to eat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:16:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sure about the slimming down, but as a long time multiple "Kidney Stone" victim, [b]it'll sure cut down on occurances[/b].

Mike

PS - make sure that's purified water as Houston tap water turned out to be a major culprit in my condition.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 11:32:31 AM EDT
[#4]
What I was told recently by my doctor was that you're supposed to drink one fluid ounce for every two lbs of body weight.  For me, that's a LOT.  If you're looking for weight loss, combine your water intake with a lot of whole grains for fiber.  Fiber helps slow digestion, decreases fat intake, lowers cholesterol, and keeps you feeling full longer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 4:18:19 AM EDT
[#5]
You should drink water until your pee is clear.  That's alot of water, and you do wind up peeing alot.  It's better to drink it constantly than all at once, as you body processes it better over time, rather than just dumping excess overboard.

AS for loosing weight.  Water in itself won't do anything, but if you drink a bunch with meals, you tend to fillup faster.  Obviously if you eat less, you loose more (or not gain as fast).  

There's really no such thing as too much water.  Unlike nearly anything else, you're not going to have any bad side effects from drinking too much water.  You'll just pee more.

Ross
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 6:14:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top