Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 48
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
seriously ... Fuck NJ
and all the doosh bags that vote for all that shit.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

So much for “60 days and it’s approved”.

A right delayed is a right denied. The Supreme Court should’ve broken it off in their asses and ruled that it’s constitutional carry. Now these commie states are playing even more fuck-fuck games. ‘So we have to issue carry permits now. Well, we’ll just sit on the applications until we feel like it.’
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:27:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Now we need someone with time and money to get caught carrying without papers 61+ days after submitting a valid application.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#3]

So much for “60 days and it’s approved”.

A right delayed is a right denied. The Supreme Court should’ve broken it off in their asses and ruled that it’s constitutional carry. Now these commie states are playing even more fuck-fuck games. ‘So we have to issue carry permits now. Well, we’ll just sit on the applications until we feel like it.’
View Quote

This kind of conduct is what will get the NJ laws tossed by the federal courts. Thomas & Kavanaugh were very specific on the guidelines for the states in issuing permits. Also there is precedent with the Illinois case. That  may issue statue was very similar to NJ`s and the federal judge that tossed it stayed his order for 180 days for them to write a new law, or constitution carry would be the law of the state.  I could see this  precedent being applied in NJ`s case.

I haven`t applied yet, as I believe the NJ law is too constitutionally defective in light of Bruen to stand on challenge. And again, Thomas and Kavanaugh were very specific so states like NJ & NY couldn`t play a lot of these games.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#4]
a buddy in Passiac County was called today. picking it up monday at county courthouse. was told you are Approved.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
a buddy in Passiac County was called today. picking it up monday at county courthouse. was told you are Approved.
View Quote

Great to hear.

When did he apply?
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 8:12:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#6]
submitted everything 22 July... 12 days to being notified. thats impressive to be honest.
that blows NFA transfers in free states away lol.
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#7]
That`s incredible!
Link Posted: 8/3/2022 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
submitted everything 22 July... 12 days to being notified. thats impressive to be honest.
that blows NFA transfers in free states away lol.
View Quote

Holy shit! I’m impressed.

Last I remember most towns were taking months to process FIDs and handgun permits.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 9:14:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By grady:

Last I remember most towns were taking months to process FIDs and handgun permits.
View Quote

I'm waiting a month now for a pistol permit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 5:48:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By LUGERMAN:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grady:

It it the town, the NJSP or NICS that's holding up the process for you?
Link Posted: 8/5/2022 8:01:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By resteva:

It it the town, the NJSP or NICS that's holding up the process for you?
View Quote

My town I suppose. Took me 10 months just to get a change of address on my FIDC.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 1:16:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I received my pistol permit in just under 2 weeks from filling out the forms online. I received an email from local PD the day after I completed the forms to submit a picture of my driver's license. Received email notification around day 12.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 10:38:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Awfully quiet in this thread, as of late. Hoping we can get it back on track and hear from members who have submitted their CCW packages with their local PD, and/or if there is anyone among us who has received their approval yet.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By mhbaker81:
Awfully quiet in this thread, as of late. Hoping we can get it back on track and hear from members who have submitted their CCW packages with their local PD, and/or if there is anyone among us who has received their approval yet.
View Quote

Buddy of mine applied the day after the ruling. He's still waiting.

I'm holding off until I hear of people actually getting them. There's talk that Sussex County is issuing them but I don't know anyone who has gotten one. I live in Sussex but have to deal with the njsp for all of my permitting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 3:58:07 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

I'm compiling everything for submitting my application.

The quali courses by me aren't exactly affordable. Between ammo, fees, qualification, etc. it's looking like about $300 just to apply.

I've gathered all my paperwork and am going to go get my references to sign this weekend. Need to do a quick dry run on my two carry guns at the range, then quali, then apply.

My town wasn't exactly a pleasure to work with when I have applied for PPP or my FPID change of address, so I'm not exactly confident in anything, but the ruling appears to be very clear.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

FWIW I have seen pics of permits from I think every county except Monmouth and Middlesex. I submitted in Monmouth in late July.
Link Posted: 8/30/2022 10:34:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Demeroma] [#17]
Originally Posted By 03Vet:

FWIW I have seen pics of permits from I think every county except Monmouth and Middlesex. I submitted in Monmouth in late July.
View Quote
Here's a guy in Monmouth that just got his permit talking about his experience and restrictions to his permit.

I'm still watching his 50 minute video right now and you can skip the first 2 minutes of the intro if you want but here's what
he's said his restrictions are:

Denied open carry and must store his gun and ammo in a case in the trunk when driving or riding as a passenger in a motor vehicle.

eta:

Also has to carry the judge's 4 page order along with this permit.

eta:

His permit is valid for 2 years but his judge's order requires him to qualify ever year.

NJ License To Carry UPDATE!

Link Posted: 8/31/2022 7:50:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LUGERMAN] [#18]
Originally Posted By Demeroma:
Here's a guy in Monmouth that just got his permit talking about his experience and restrictions to his permit.

I'm still watching his 50 minute video right now and you can skip the first 2 minutes of the intro if you want but here's what
he's said his restrictions are:

Denied open carry and must store his gun and ammo in a case in the trunk when driving or riding as a passenger in a motor vehicle.

eta:

Also has to carry the judge's 4 page order along with this permit.

eta:

His permit is valid for 2 years but his judge's order requires him to qualify ever year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaEPHVBIZG4

View Quote

Typical NJ. So much for 'Shall not be infringed"!

I did get my Pistol Permit last Friday. Took appx. 5 weeks. I have to admit that was the fastest time ever for me in the last 45 years!
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 12:52:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#19]

Typical NJ. So much for 'Shall not be infringed"!

I did get my Pistol Permit last Friday. Took appx. 5 weeks. I have to admit that was the fastest time ever for me in the last 45 years!
View Quote

I think we all expected that there would be antics. The real question is, do you roll the dice and try to get your permit before the legislative session resumes? My 2 cents is the legislature will move to restrict asap, so I'd like to get my paperwork in now and see what comes, rather than wait to see what comes and then have an application tied up in whatever chicanery they come up with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2022 10:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mhbaker81] [#20]
Originally Posted By KnuckleSandwich:

I think we all expected that there would be antics. The real question is, do you roll the dice and try to get your permit before the legislative session resumes? My 2 cents is the legislature will move to restrict asap, so I'd like to get my paperwork in now and see what comes, rather than wait to see what comes and then have an application tied up in whatever chicanery they come up with.
View Quote

My thinking, as well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2022 7:33:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#21]
Despite the specific language in the SCOTUS ruling prohibiting declaring everything a gun free zone, NY makes carry illegal everywhere

Likely coming soon to the garden state.
Link Posted: 9/6/2022 11:20:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BSOG1] [#22]
monmouth county lol
a nj detective told me he heard they will do away with the whole going in front of the judge thing.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I live in Monmouth county so I'm sure it'll be an experience. I need one more reference signature which
I'll get this weekend and I'll be submitting my package next week.

Was at Gun For Hire yesterday and the notaries there were saying that some police departments are
rejecting applications because they were filled out on the computer but had the municipal codes
hand written in ink.  What B.S.

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#24]
I live in Monmouth county so I'm sure it'll be an experience. I need one more reference signature which

Was at Gun For Hire yesterday and the notaries there were saying that some police departments are
rejecting applications because they were filled out on the computer but had the municipal codes

View Quote

I was at GFH yesterday also. Notaries had some very interesting info. Apparently the Morris county judge is mandating that a paper court order must be carried with the permit at all times.

They were also very particular about ink. When I was signing the application she wanted to ensure that I was using a matching ink color.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

I hope this isn’t true. Part of my application is filled out on the computer and part of it is handwritten because I didn’t know who one of my references was going to be up until a few days ago.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 3:09:12 PM EDT
[#26]

I was at GFH yesterday also. Notaries had some very interesting info. Apparently the Morris county judge is mandating that a paper court order must be carried with the permit at all times.

They were also very particular about ink. When I was signing the application she wanted to ensure that I was using a matching ink color.
View Quote

That's just wonderful. I had my references sign in black ink but the notary at GFH did her thing in blue ink.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#27]

I hope this isn't true. Part of my application is filled out on the computer and part of it is handwritten because I didn't know who one of my references was going to be up until a few days ago.
View Quote

My references are handwritten as well and so is the municipal code. At this point I don't even care if my last reference signs in a crayon of his choice
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 5:43:55 PM EDT
[#28]

My references are handwritten as well and so is the municipal code. At this point I don't even care if my last reference signs in a crayon of his choice
View All Quotes

I hope this isn't true. Part of my application is filled out on the computer and part of it is handwritten because I didn't know who one of my references was going to be up until a few days ago.

I had my actual municipal code but used white out on it to put the ORI number of the njsp barracks I have to use. Which I hand wrote. So, it's double not good for me.
Link Posted: 9/8/2022 8:54:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2022 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#30]
A few points to make.

It seems the waiting period for "approved or denied" depends what county you live in. I have been told that Passaic County has been quick to approve, as well as Morris County.

Some things to me make no sense. A few weeks ago I took my first Holster Draw course which is "fail or pass," I failed! Okay, so I signed up for a second one which I passed. It did not upset me that I failed the first one, the second course thought me what I did wrong on my first attempt. The evening I took the first course, a member failed to show up, she had already qualified and passed the CCW course. Makes no sense to me to qualify for the CCW and not know how to properly draw your concealed weapon. Go figure.

I have been practicing two or three times every week at the range, sending 150 rounds downrange each session. My worst has been two misses out of fifty. So okay, I think I can qualify with a "pass" score BUT there is more to this than just being able to carry legally. In two weeks I am taking another course at GFH called Urban Pistol. Why? Well, I am 72 and have a whole lot to loose if I fuck up in a real situation. I feel the need to train as much as possible before I decide to take on the responsibility to carry. Mentally I need to be sure I know how to react and if I fuck up and shoot an innocent bystander I have to live with that. Never mind the monetary consequences of my mistake.

IMHO, I highly recommend anyone who is, has or is thinking of obtaining a NJ CCW to purchase an additional insurance policy which will protect and cover what could result in a horrible circumstance.

Newer mind the mental anguish you will suffer from such a horrible mistake, think of what your liability will be.

Eventually I will be both mentally and accurately ready to apply for my NJ CCW, I live in Morris County and it won't matter how long it takes for me to get the "approved" stamp on my paper work.
I feel that such a responsibility must be taken seriously and all possible angles need to be covered.

Who would have thought. Thank you Justice Thomas for reaffirming my Constitutional rights!

Link Posted: 9/13/2022 5:23:09 PM EDT
[#31]

It seems the waiting period for "approved or denied" depends what county you live in. I have been told that Passaic County has been quick to approve, as well as Morris County.
View All Quotes

Here's a county list someone compiled on NJ gun forums:

Reviewing multiple threads, forums, websites, etc.  I think I got a good feel of the status as of today (9/12/2022)Edit 9/13 - At least 1 person got theirs in Monmouth County (but this may be from the 2021 FPC Lawsuit)

Atlantic County - No (Court Delay)
Bergen County - Yes (restricted by HG)
Burlington County - Yes (not sure of restrictions)
Camden County - Yes (Not sure of restrictions)
Cape May County - No (Court waiting on Guidance)
Cumberland County - Yes (No restrictions)
Essex County - No (PD Delays)
Gloucester County - Yes (Must appear before Judge [Zoom], Restricted by HG)
Hudson County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
Hunterdon County - Yes (Restricted by HG on Court Order)
Mercer County - No (Court Delay)
Middlesex County - No (Court Delay - Judge Absence?)
Monmouth County - Yes - 1 (Special case from FPC Lawsuit - Restricted by HG + Additional restrictions)  - Court Delays/Additional Investigations on new applications
Morris County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
Ocean County - Yes (May be Restricted - with extreme restrictions including Car Carry)
Passaic County - Yes (Restricted by HG)
Salem County - No
Somerset County - No (Court delay from "high volume")
Sussex County - No (Court Delay)
Union County - No (Court possibly waiting on Objection time period)
Warren County - Yes (Unrestricted) - Some permits issued but now court is delaying

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#32]
hi, each of your references will get a form to complete in the mail (post).  It's sent by the PD you summitted your paper work.   It asks questions similar to the Firearms Purchaser ID card application.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:35:10 AM EDT
[#33]
It's called a Q Target  Like a bowling pin

the course of fire is HQC 1
see page 74 in the Link PDF
https://www.state.nj.us/lps/dcj/pdfs/dcj-firearms.pdf  

I passed but its confusing.  also shooting with your weak hand is not as easy as i thought.   25 yds is the furthers distance and I actually did well there.  you're knelling and can use the bench as support.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:41:47 AM EDT
[#34]
its not the ORI number.   There are municipal codes:

ttps://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/lpt/cntycode.pdf
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 2:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#35]
Originally Posted By AR_Jack1:
its not the ORI number.   There are municipal codes:

ttps://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxation/pdf/lpt/cntycode.pdf
View Quote

You sure about that? My town doesn’t have a PD so I go through the NJSP.

Either way…it doesn’t look like Sussex county is even issuing any permits if I’m reading that list posted above correctly so maybe I’ll just put my paperwork back on the rear burner.

It would be real nice, real fucking nice if this state would just follow the fucking constitution. Thomas should have just come out and said, ‘Constitutional Carry across all states, cities, towns, municipalities, venues, buildings, homes, parks, pools, bodies of water, under ground, in the air, in space, on the moon, on mars. No permits, no asking for permission, no training, no demands.’

Fuck this state.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MDGunSmith] [#36]
Municipal Codes are different than the ORI Code on the NJ Permit to Carry Application

For instance;

NJSP Woodstown Barracks ORI is: NJNSP3200

NJSP Woodstown Barracks Municipal Code is: 1709

Contact the Barracks before putting the wrong info on your application. Woodstown has instruction packets available in the lobby. I have been told other  Barracks have similar instructions available in print or email.
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 3:22:34 AM EDT
[#37]
hi what is "HG" ?    

A range Safety Officer at Reloaderz got his permit quick.  He lives in Passaic.  

It depends on several things such how fast your town's PD records department works.  Mine got letter out to my references in 1 day after I summitted my paper work.  Then your references need to respond.  
my township records clerk explained that from there it goes to the county prosecutor which I dont know why. Maybe they do the mental health check.  After that it does in front of the County Judge .  Then back to your town's Chief of PD for signing.  Then PD records Department issues the card/paperwork to you.    

After all that  you should start re-applying immediately  because the permit is good for only 2 years. HAHAHAHA
Link Posted: 9/15/2022 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By AR_Jack1:
hi what is "HG" ?    
View Quote

HG = Handgun
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Anyone from Burlington County get their permit yet?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Just spoke to a customer of mine who live in Lyndhurst, he got a call today that his permit was approved. He was told it would be a few more days before his permit could be picked up. He also said that he was told he was permit #1 for civilians in the town of Lyndhurst.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 3:51:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By GonnaNeedaBiggerBoat:
Anyone from Burlington County get their permit yet?
View Quote

I read on another forum where one member said his was permit #1 in the county after an in person hearing with the Burlington county judge.
That was 10 days ago.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:57:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Salem County - No

View All Quotes

Reviewing multiple threads, forums, websites, etc.  I think I got a good feel of the status as of today (9/12/2022)Edit 9/13 - At least 1 person got theirs in Monmouth County (but this may be from the 2021 FPC Lawsuit)

Monmouth County - Yes - 1 (Special case from FPC Lawsuit - Restricted by HG + Additional restrictions)  - Court Delays/Additional Investigations on new applications
Ocean County - Yes (May be Restricted - with extreme restrictions including Car Carry)
Salem County - No
Warren County - Yes (Unrestricted) - Some permits issued but now court is delaying

Salem County - No

'No' what though? No permits are being issued?, no restrictions?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:04:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#43]
Originally Posted By Justin_Sain:

View All Quotes

Salem County - No

Salem County - No

I took it as they haven’t issued any permits. Which is why I’m still holding on to my paperwork.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#44]

I took it as they haven't issued any permits. Which is why I'm still holding on to my paperwork.
View All Quotes

Salem County - No

I took it as they haven't issued any permits. Which is why I'm still holding on to my paperwork.

No means no permits issued.  This past Sunday's Gun For Hire radio podcast mentioned some of the counties that haven't issued a single permit
while other counties have. Don't remember if Salem county was mentioned or not but Anjrpc, FPC, CNJFO, etc. are all working on this behind the scenes.

I was thinking the same way as Tallest about holding off applying but said 'eff it and handed in my app last week. Yesterday all my references got letters from my town's police asking them about my drinking, the crimes I've
committed, my community reputation, etc.

Today I'm heading out of state to get printed.

The way I look at it, we need to force the state's hand and flood them with applications so they either follow the laws or have to personally
face the consequences that the 2A organizations are preparing for the individuals holding up our rights.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:35:02 PM EDT
[#45]

No means no permits issued.  This past Sunday's Gun For Hire radio podcast mentioned some of the counties that haven't issued a single permit
while other counties have. Don't remember if Salem county was mentioned or not but Anjrpc, FPC, CNJFO, etc. are all working on this behind the scenes.

I was thinking the same way as Tallest about holding off applying but said 'eff it and handed in my app last week. Yesterday all my references got letters from my town's police asking them about my drinking, the crimes I've

The way I look at it, we need to force the state's hand and flood them with applications so they either follow the laws or have to personally
face the consequences that the 2A organizations are preparing for the individuals holding up our rights.
View All Quotes

Salem County - No

Uggghh I was hoping that wasn't the case, so much for thinking Salem Co would be different because it's so rural.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

Salem County - No

I’m honestly surprised none have been issued in Sussex county.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Since this seems like the official carry thread.

They're from the government and they're here to help.

A4502

No-carry zones under the proposal include the following:
-Synagogues, Mosques and Churches
-Parks, playgrounds & recreation areas
-Public transportation
-Public gatherings
-Hospitals, nursing homes, and similar facilities
-Youth sports events
-Restaurants where alcohol is served (even if the permit holder is not drinking)
-Parades and public assemblies
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:37:27 AM EDT
[#48]
They forgot front yards, backyards, driveways and side yards
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:44:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#49]

A4502

View All Quotes

A4502

No-carry zones under the proposal include the following:
-Synagogues, Mosques and Churches
-Parks, playgrounds & recreation areas
-Public transportation
-Public gatherings
-Hospitals, nursing homes, and similar facilities
-Youth sports events
-Restaurants where alcohol is served (even if the permit holder is not drinking)
-Parades and public assemblies

Yup, I made a thread about this last night. Yay more lawsuits that will take years to clear up.

Either way… no one’s issuing permits anyway.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:39:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KnuckleSandwich] [#50]

Yup, I made a thread about this last night. Yay more lawsuits that will take years to clear up.

Either way… no one’s issuing permits anyway.
View Quote

NJ is more cunning than NY, they're going to implement this in a way that is harder to challenge. Unlike NY, they didn't use a bill that would effectively contradict everything stated in Bruen, ie ban carry essentially everywhere. The way it's written a legal challenge would be less certain.

Regarding permit issuance, according to the folks at GFH, at least some counties are issuing. A few of the staff there already had their permits issued. I submitted my paperwork about 2 weeks ago (Morris county). I'm expecting it to be issued, albeit with ridiculous restrictions.
Page / 48
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top